Ryan18

US Embassy in Jamaica

121 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening I have a question. I need my stepson Visa number to finish his flight detail for tomorrow. But it's in the package he got from the carrier. Are we allowed to open the package to get the number? If not then how do i finish his flight details?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ms.F.Brown1 said:

Good evening I have a question. I need my stepson Visa number to finish his flight detail for tomorrow. But it's in the package he got from the carrier. Are we allowed to open the package to get the number? If not then how do i finish his flight details?

The visa number is on the visa foil in the passport. Usually the outer envelope contains the passport and another sealed envelope. We opened the outer envelope to get the passport put and made sure the inner envelope remained sealed and undamaged 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

The visa number is on the visa foil in the passport. Usually the outer envelope contains the passport and another sealed envelope. We opened the outer envelope to get the passport put and made sure the inner envelope remained sealed and undamaged 

Thank you so much. We couldn't remember how we did it when my husband came over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
47 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

After the medical fees have been paid. What else will have to pay??? 

@CamChad42. You have to pay 265 for the visa fee as well if you haven't already

Timeline
59 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

No I have not paid it yet. Can I pay this before our interview date which is 26AUG?

What is your visa type ? This determines when and what fees are needed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, CamChad42 said:

No I have not paid it yet. Can I pay this before our interview date which is 26AUG?

You have to get approved first and get your passport back and then you get the introductions to pay 

26 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

What is your visa type ? This determines when and what fees are needed 

IR-1/CR-1 spousal visa 

19 minutes ago, Ryan18 said:

You have to get approved first and get your passport back and then you get the introductions to pay 

Ok thank you I’m just trying to stay on top of all these fees. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, CamChad42 said:

IR-1/CR-1 spousal visa 

Ok thank you I’m just trying to stay on top of all these fees. 

It’s 220USD. You will need the visa number off the visa they put in your passport. They should give you a paper with instructions but in case they don’t. ... search USCIS Green Card Fed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, CamChad42 said:

After the medical fees have been paid. What else will have to pay??? 

After the medical the only other fee is the green card fee which you pay after you get your visa. No you can't pay it before your interview because you have to be approved first ( not everyone gets approved). You'll need info from the visa itself as well to pay the green card fee. Sot that's after you get the passport back in your hand. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

21 hours ago, Thegirl said:

After the medical the only other fee is the green card fee which you pay after you get your visa. No you can't pay it before your interview because you have to be approved first ( not everyone gets approved). You'll need info from the visa itself as well to pay the green card fee. Sot that's after you get the passport back in your hand. 

Thank you all @Thegirl and @Ms.FBrown1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.