2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

How much do they charge? 

I payed $139 to do it online. They ask you a bunch of questions pertaining to your marriage, and then they file your paperwork. But it depends on the situation of your marriage if its a very complicated like a contested marriage then it gets a bit tougher. But they'll help you through it, and they have great customer service.  I didn't have one complaint to say about them. It went smoothly and they file it to the court and I just goto the hearing (about two) then it was all over. And my wife didn't get to steal my car like she wanted (which I bought before the marriage). But I was just like you, I didn't wanna pay no lawyer etc and I didn't know how to file the paperwork or fill it out. So thats why I used online divorce. They literally do it all for you and all you do is just relax and wait for it to process.

here's the website if you wanna see how much it would cost you

ONLINE DIVORCE

Edited by AA.Bailey

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
48 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

I payed $139 to do it online. They ask you a bunch of questions pertaining to your marriage, and then they file your paperwork. But it depends on the situation of your marriage if its a very complicated like a contested marriage then it gets a bit tougher. But they'll help you through it, and they have great customer service.  I didn't have one complaint to say about them. It went smoothly and they file it to the court and I just goto the hearing (about two) then it was all over. And my wife didn't get to steal my car like she wanted (which I bought before the marriage). But I was just like you, I didn't wanna pay no lawyer etc and I didn't know how to file the paperwork or fill it out. So thats why I used online divorce. They literally do it all for you and all you do is just relax and wait for it to process.

here's the website if you wanna see how much it would cost you

ONLINE DIVORCE

This is very affordable option. Thanks for sharing 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

31 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Gue

So I thought VAWA applicants whose cases are pending and have already received a PF were considered temporary protected status holders but I guess I’m wrong. Saying all of that to ask if it’s correct that only GC holders and TPS holders  can get qualified for instate tuition? By the way, has anyone else ran into a situation where they can’t get into nursing school because they’re not green card holders? Want to know if a pending VAWA case can yield any results in this aspect. ....

@sandranj

12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You shouldn't have two i485 pending! One will be denied. Best wait to go for your interview and ask for it to be linked. Worst case scenario if your i485 is cancelled courtesy of your spouse, then file a new one. It's not a tough one. Just that simple.😊👍

My spouse has threatened me to destroy my career and one way is by withdrawing her petition. She had me leave my job one time to be with her, and it took me two years to get be back to my company. With COVID, there’s a hiring freeze and my company has a policy of not hiring people who leave for more than a year and half. I read online that it’s not illegal to have two separate I-485’s as long as the A# is the same on both of them. My concern is to keep myself in status at all times, then once I get my EAD based I-485 filed with I-360, then I’ll withdraw my current I-485, but I’m not sure. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

So I thought VAWA applicants whose cases are pending and have already received a PF were considered temporary protected status holders but I guess I’m wrong. Saying all of that to ask if it’s correct that only GC holders and TPS holders  can get qualified for instate tuition? By the way, has anyone else ran into a situation where they can’t get into nursing school because they’re not green card holders? Want to know if a pending VAWA case can yield any results in this aspect. ....

@sandranj

PF does not give you TPS.  PF does allow to enroll, but only GC holders receive in state residency.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, CrashBandicoot said:

My spouse has threatened me to destroy my career and one way is by withdrawing her petition. She had me leave my job one time to be with her, and it took me two years to get be back to my company. With COVID, there’s a hiring freeze and my company has a policy of not hiring people who leave for more than a year and half. I read online that it’s not illegal to have two separate I-485’s as long as the A# is the same on both of them. My concern is to keep myself in status at all times, then once I get my EAD based I-485 filed with I-360, then I’ll withdraw my current I-485, but I’m not sure. 

Why not transfer it to your new petition? 

7 hours ago, CrashBandicoot said:

I understand now how terrified you are of your spouse who seems to be straight outta hell! But most of these monsters crave your attention through empty threats and hope to keep you controlled. You should run to safety and cut contact with her for starters. What exactly is your biggest fear? The purpose of VAWA is to be able to adjust status without the help of your abuser!  Again even if the current i485 is cancelled, you can always file a new one..you win in the end!💁👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hopemama said:

I have an interview appt on August 18th. I found out today by a phone call from my pro bono. She only came to office once a week and found out my appt notice issued at early July. 

Hi, congrats, that is great great news. You can mail them your medicals after the interview, don't stress about it.

What field office are you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hey All,

My attorney just mailed in my medicals for my pending I-485 after recent VAwA approval. I’m praying for my green card to be issued without interview or immediate interview to grant GC. I’m prepare for any scenario, but I’m definitely praying for the first one. 

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello family.

I filed I-360 together with I-485 in JUN of 2018.  In FEB of 2020 I received an EAD with category C31.  However, I still have not received I-365 approval letter, only notification that my case has been forwarded to another USCIS office. I have some questions:

1. Is there someone on the forum who has not received I-360 approval letter for 5 months or more after EAD category change to C31?

2.       In your experience, how long did it take between C31 category change and receiving I-365 approval letter?

3.       How early can an applicant file an I-765 renewal application based on I-360?   Has it changed from 90 days to 180 days due to pandemic extended USCIS processing times?

4.       Can I apply for I-765 renewal EAD by category C-31 while not having I-365 approval letter?  Can I submit 2 applications at the same time: C09 and C31?

5.       When you received I-360 approval letter what date was it dated with?  Date when such letter was issued or date printed EAD by C-31 category?

6 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I understand now how terrified you are of your spouse who seems to be straight outta hell! But most of these monsters crave your attention through empty threats and hope to keep you controlled. You should run to safety and cut contact with her for starters. What exactly is your biggest fear? The purpose of VAWA is to be able to adjust status without the help of your abuser!  Again even if the current i485 is cancelled, you can always file a new one..you win in the end!💁👍

Thank you for being nice and understanding. My situation is a little bit complicated, and I'm not a risk taker. Some things happened in the past few weeks that made my spouse extremely angry, which is really scary. I'm just being as careful as possible right now while gathering my evidence. There are many things adding to my fear, and my counselor is helping me navigate. What I really want is to adjust my status without her help, even if that means waiting longer. I don't want my current AOS getting denied. She threatened to withdraw her petition and send me back to my country many times. If my current I-485 gets denied, I'll lose my job, which is my only source of survival, and my spouse has been taking away all my paychecks. This will leave me in a really bad shape. I practically have no resources to survive weeks without an income. She cut me from family and friends, and had us move to state where I don't know people. she's monitoring my phone and everything. I'm using my work laptop for my application right now. That's why I'm really being careful, and I'm trying to understand if I can file for I-485 concurrently with I-360, then if my existing I-485 is not denied, then I can request to hold it in abeyance. I don't want her to have any power over me or over my situation. 

7 hours ago, AA.Bailey said:

Why not transfer it to your new petition? 

Is it possible to transfer my existing I-485 to my new petition without waiting for an interview to ask IO to hold it in abeyance? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.