2,967 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Rhetorical question:  Who defines "normal"?

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  "Men (women) everywhere lead lives of quiet desperation."

Every time you feel sad or overwhelmed, look yourself in the eye (in the mirror) and say, "This too shall pass."  Do it several times, with increasing conviction.  It's guaranteed that you'll feel better afterwards.

Back when the consulate was playing its infernal games with Mrs. T-B.-to-be's visa, I found that violent physical exercise helped.

A great many members here have found solace and strength in their religious faith and conviction.

One day, you'll look back on this time with a sense of peace and relief, because it WILL pass.

Members here will surely reach out to you by Personal Message.  You hang in there!  And good to hear of another July birthday. :) 

I truly can feel her pain, my heart breaks just reading through her ordeal..little does she know that the people she's wanting their kind of 'happiness' may be ready to throw in the towel at any time..such is life..the grass always seems greener on the other side! Everyone has private struggles..even after immigration episode fades out..life's waiting with it's twists and turns! My advice to all is do not let your happiness be tied to anything or person! Yes Mr TB High intensity excercise helps..it's strenuous nature does wonders for the mind and body..I'm sure that's what you meant by 'violent' excercise 😊..right? And you're definitely right on the 'This too shall pass mantra'! Works like a charm..at least I can testify! Nothing lasts forever!👍🌹💖

9 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Is there any legal information if anyone knows: if vawa I-360 is approved (like in my case) - can it be revoked / rejected if trump signs a new immigration executive order (which he will soon) and it will include removal of vawa for immigration purposes? Know that it will be related to “merit based immigration” but still..

I don’t know what to expect from ongoing immigration changes and if trump stays in the office longer...

I am just praying and waiting for the interview...my case was approved 2 weeks ago. Long wait for the I-485 interview to come...

Where did you get information about removal of VAWA for immigration purposes? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, sandranj said:

Folks as you know every year I have a meetup with some survivors of abuse, last year was in Central Park, NYC. It was great,t but this year due to the Covid19 I will not meet the survivors, but next summer probably I will have the meetup in Texas. I keep postponing Texas,lol but I have a lot of people there that I handled their Vawa petitions.

This year so far I had 63 VAWA cases approved(Visa Journey's members), plus 98 private cases approved. 60% of the cases from Visa journey's members I worked pro bono.

USCIS, as usual, is acting crazy. I have cases filed in May and June 2019 approved, but I have cases filed in  2018 still pending adjudication, then do not be discouraged if you filed your VAWA in 2018.

@sandranj You been doing great Job.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Where did you get information about removal of VAWA for immigration purposes? 

My attorney was telling as it would be a next logical step. Asylum and refugee applications got much more complicated. Family based immigration got more complicated. Next step would be vawa and other special programs.

Filed: Other Timeline

Please this is the alert I got this morning in my email and I hope it helps us all.

Ombudsman's Alert: Card Production Delays at USCIS

Dear Stakeholder:

In June 2020, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reduced its capacity to print secure documents, such as Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Cards and Employment Authorization Documents, after it ended a contract with an outside company responsible for printing these cards. According to USCIS, it intended to hire federal employees to replace the contractors; however, its financial situation resulted in a hiring freeze that has impacted the printing of these secure cards.

Stakeholders are submitting requests for case assistance to the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (Ombudsman), confirming there are delays in receiving these secure documents. USCIS expects these backlogs will continue for the foreseeable future. Should there be a furlough of USCIS employees on August 3, 2020, card production backlogs will likely increase.

The Ombudsman is assisting individuals whose applications have been approved but whose cards have not yet been produced, by sending weekly spreadsheets to USCIS to verify card requests are in line to be processed. If you are experiencing a delay in receiving your secure document, you may submit a request for case assistance with the Ombudsman at https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001.

LPRs may obtain proof of their status by requesting a stamp of temporary evidence in a valid passport. Please reach out to USCIS’ Contact Center (800-375-5283) to make an appointment at your local USCIS field office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends

I have a question that there is a famous form I.e. form I-864 w which most of us had missed to submit when have initially applied for the VAWA or we have submitted the same as an additional form later on since we don’t know that we have to submit this form at the start so my question is that since this form has been abolished what will be the next step Ie so

we have to submit the  form 944 or Every thing will be ok since we don’t need this form as we are VAWA petitioner

2 hours ago, ponak98 said:

My attorney was telling as it would be a next logical step. Asylum and refugee applications got much more complicated. Family based immigration got more complicated. Next step would be vawa and other special programs.

Wow. I hope it won’t happen. 

It will be very sad to go through all this nightmares with our abusers. Try to heel for so long. Try to stay on our feet solid and than be deported because of everything is happening now.

😭😭😭

I just start dreaming again.

Waiting for my EAD and patience waiting for the VAWA approval (hope I will be approved🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻)

Trying to studying so once I will get a EAD I will get a new job.

Man. This is very sad.

10 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Wow. I hope it won’t happen. 

It will be very sad to go through all this nightmares with our abusers. Try to heel for so long. Try to stay on our feet solid and than be deported because of everything is happening now.

😭😭😭

I just start dreaming again.

Waiting for my EAD and patience waiting for the VAWA approval (hope I will be approved🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻)

Trying to studying so once I will get a EAD I will get a new job.

Man. This is very sad.

Most attorneys are fear mongers/vendors etc so pay them no mind! Nothing like that will happen! Unhealthy thoughts..fears..worries can mess up people's minds! Focus on positive and fulfilling things instead. I learnt that from counselling. Never underestimate the power of positivity. Besides these are mere speculations..😀always look on the bright side!💖👍

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most attorneys are fear mongers/vendors etc so pay them no mind! Nothing like that will happen! Unhealthy thoughts..fears..worries can mess up people's minds! Focus on positive and fulfilling things instead. I learnt that from counselling. Never underestimate the power of positivity. Besides these are mere speculations..😀always look on the bright side!💖👍

This is so encouraging @Stillwinning!!!😊. please keep up the good work.

@HolaBola31 it's best to equip yourself so you're ready to triumph when the opportunity cones.

Filed: Timeline
23 hours ago, June1888 said:

This is so helpful. I will go ahead and contact the congressperson tonight. So I guess I was right by wanting to inquire about my AOS since Vawa was approved in Nov...

Will they speed up with my interview when they see my priority date is so behind? 

Thank you very much @Villanelle ❤️

Its doubtful they will expedite your interview. There was someone who posted recently that their case got lost or overlooked and it sat at NBC for over a year! They were able use their congressperson for help to get it sent to the local office. They asked for an expedite for the interview due to this and were told no.  You can check here- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ for the 485 processing times at your local office. You can also search the forums or google to see if anyone has posted info about your local office wait times. You most likely will also have to get a new medical done but you should wait until you get the notice for the interview because if you have a long wait for an interview the medical will expire again causing you to have to do it a 3rd time. 

7 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Its doubtful they will expedite your interview. There was someone who posted recently that their case got lost or overlooked and it sat at NBC for over a year! They were able use their congressperson for help to get it sent to the local office. They asked for an expedite for the interview due to this and were told no.  You can check here- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ for the 485 processing times at your local office. You can also search the forums or google to see if anyone has posted info about your local office wait times. You most likely will also have to get a new medical done but you should wait until you get the notice for the interview because if you have a long wait for an interview the medical will expire again causing you to have to do it a 3rd time. 

@Villanelle my case is similar. Been sitting in NBC since June 12th 2019. I just contacted my congressman based on advice on this platform. My local office is in Baltimore MD. I'm hopeful I'll get a positive response.

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, ponak98 said:

I agree with Stillwiining. Its a shame your attny is not being supportive and encouraging but is instead causing you more anxiety. 

8 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I agree with Stillwiining. Its a shame your attny is not being supportive and encouraging but is instead causing you more anxiety. 

Right?

How he can tell something like this to person who is surviving and trying to get back on the track...heeling?

This is not professional!

Especial when you are applying for VAWA

Its like if I will apply for the medical insurance and and the end agent will tell me “Oh and btw you will anyway die!”

Gosh!

Hope everything will be fine🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.