2,967 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone, I had posted here before about the I485 RFE I got for my birth record. I’m about to mail a package to USCIS regarding this RFE and I wanted to double check with you guys...It’s ok if I send copy of the documents, right? 

Obviously I can’t send them my original diploma or national Id card but I’m Wondering about the Documents that I got from the consulate.

I got a criminal record and birth certificate record from the consulate

I got another birth certificate record from my country and my parents mailed it to me.

I got my Diploma translated

I got my driving license from my country translated

I got my National ID card translated

thank you so much!!!!

@Shroy123 @Stillwinning!!!😊

If they asked for birth certificate and you can easily provide it to them, then only birth certificate. Make sure to attach a translation report if it is in a different language then english 

30 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Thank you @sandranj and i wanna apologize for the stupid question ( that doesn't affect VAWA Applicants is that what you mean )  

Yes

1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

If they asked for birth certificate and you can easily provide it to them, then only birth certificate. Make sure to attach a translation report if it is in a different language then english 

Yes

They say my proof of birth record that I submitted before is insufficient and asking me for more evidence. That’s why I put together everything I could. They didn’t name a specific document but they wanna see my parents’ names, my place of birth, my date of birth, official records indicating a country and a record of birth. 

I know this RFE is gonna cause some delay that’s why I wanted to submit everything I can. 

Hopefully they will be satisfied so that I can get in line for an interview.

I can’t wait for all this to be over 🙈

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi @balo101 ,

How is everything going so far?. One question, my i765 -c09 was approved 11 days ago but the status in my case has not changed, is still "case was approved".

When you case was approved, did your case change in any momment to "card was mailed" showing the usps tracking number?. 

I´m not sure if because I applied for vawa the case do not show the tracking number.

Regards,

Dany

4 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

Hi @balo101 ,

How is everything going so far?. One question, my i765 -c09 was approved 11 days ago but the status in my case has not changed, is still "case was approved".

When you case was approved, did your case change in any momment to "card was mailed" showing the usps tracking number?. 

I´m not sure if because I applied for vawa the case do not show the tracking number.

Regards,

Dany

i have VAWA as well.

first it was We ordered new card, then we approved your case, then we sent you a new card with the tracking number. The whole process took around 7 days. On may 7th i received first notification then by 14 i had my card. 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

i have VAWA as well.

first it was We ordered new card, then we approved your case, then we sent you a new card with the tracking number. The whole process took around 7 days. On may 7th i received first notification then by 14 i had my card. 

mmmm thanks.. 

God! This is insane... 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
1 hour ago, DanyT. said:

Hi @balo101 ,

Regards,

Dany

Hi, sometimes you don’t get update , you will just receive your card in the mail. good luck 👍 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Irynalucky said:

Dear guys, 

My I-485 got approved and card production is in place for me and my daughter without an interview.😂

I believe Corona virus played in my favor. It seems like they are cleaning their desks to reduce a backlog.

I've filed I-485 on November 20,  2019 with medicals, hoping that it will speed up the process.

My VAWA was approved February 14, 2019 after 2 years of waiting. Before that my first I-485 was denied and I've never even had an interview in a first place.

That is a blessing, that I wish for all of you awaiting your VAWA approval and Green cards.

Let's hope we will see more approvals coming our way! 

God is good!

WOW congratulations! 

32 minutes ago, Irynalucky said:

Dear guys, 

My I-485 got approved and card production is in place for me and my daughter without an interview.😂

I believe Corona virus played in my favor. It seems like they are cleaning their desks to reduce a backlog.

I've filed I-485 on November 20,  2019 with medicals, hoping that it will speed up the process.

My VAWA was approved February 14, 2019 after 2 years of waiting. Before that my first I-485 was denied and I've never even had an interview in a first place.

That is a blessing, that I wish for all of you awaiting your VAWA approval and Green cards.

God is good!

Congratulations 👏 👏 

31 minutes ago, Irynalucky said:

Dear guys, 

God is good!

Wow!!! Just reading this! Congratulations dear..what can I say? God is a miracle worker! Promise keeper!🙏🙏🙏 pop something dear...🍸 🍸😀😀

1 hour ago, Irynalucky said:

Dear guys, 

God is good!

Congratulations. 

Dear guys, 

God is good!

Congratulations.. 🙂 

Dear guys, 

God is good!

@Irynalucky Hello darling, BIG Congratulations!!!!🥳🥰🙌 Yes, our Lord has answered, HE NEVER fails HIS own, mighty God in battle, HE always meets us at the point of our needs💪. Please treat yourself and your baby to your heart's desires. Be sure to praise the name of God always as HE alone did this, ALL glory to God in the highest. Again, big congratulations, and more speedy approvals to come for us all in Jesus Mighty name🙏. Be blessed love 😍

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can offer some insight with a current situation I'm in.

I moved to be with my partner (I'm a Canadian citizen) to the US (he is a US citizen) over two years ago and we have been married since then.  It'll be three years in November, and we have been together four.  During this time, he never began filing for my visa, even though he said he was.  I eventually took the matter into my own hands and submitted the necessary paperwork to get my AoS started, which was submitted last week.  Hurrah!  

However, during this time, things have been rough.  He is suffering from depression, and has been borderline abusive. There has been name calling, emotional and mental abuse as well.  As well, he has had the cops called on domestic abuse (which wasn't me), but someone living with us.  I have been talking to my therapist about this as well.  I know there is the option of VAWA, but I'm not sure how long that process will take.  

I was had a few questions about my situation that I'm hoping someone could answer.

- How long will the VAWA take? I've read it can be upwards of two - three years.

- My partner said he is willing to see my visa through until the end, if I no longer want to be with him.  However, from what I read when we go for an interview together, we need to be in good standing, such as living together.  I have plenty of proof that we entered this relationship with good intentions (Credit cards in our name, health insurance, my name is on the lease, plane tickets in our names), but things went south.  Is it possible for me to live separately from him while I wait for my AoS?

- Would it perhaps be wiser to wait for my AoS to clear before I file for a divorce/separate? I've been told this can take up towards a year, which seems like a bloody long time for my mental health. 

Or does any one have any other options which I can consider during this difficult time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.