2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
18 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Friends - if anyone has had a vawa immigration lawyer - how much is a reasonable cost? 

mine offered me $4000. Another one was $7000. I assume this concludes whole cost for i360 i485 but ead renewals will be $500 each. Hope for your advice

My dear, @sandranj is a certified immigration  attorney with an ever-green track record of successful VAWA cases. You should hire her if you can pay. 
Sandra was kind enough to take up my case free via this forum and advise me step by step. I got approved last year(VAWA + GC). I often wished I had the money to pay her for her excellent services at that time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Ylx said:

I did it by Jewish Family & Community Services  and I only paid uscis fee. The lawyer didnt charge anything.

Also Catholic Charities offer also low cost or no payment at all. Worth to check on your local area. Good luck!

Yes for catholic services but you gotta be proactive regarding the way they handle your cases. I had a very poorly drafted psychological evaluation done and the pro bono lawyer at catholic charities wanted me to send it with my application right away. I consulted Sandra who told me USCIS will reject my application with that kind evaluation. I requested the psychologist to re-do the evaluation n she refused and catholic charity lawyer dropped me as a client because I argued with psychologist about poor evaluation. Eventually I got another psychologist who did a great job and sent my application via help from Sandra and this forum. 

Hello everybody

So, I was writing in the previous topic, that my VAWA EAD card was sent to the wrong address (from where my lawyer's office moved and didn't update the change of address for the USCIS). I read on the Internet that now if I file Lost card it might take another 90 days to get it resent to me...

I am so upset right now, and don't understand what to do.

My lawyer emailed me that we should wait until the card goes back to the USCIS, and then call them. But the online status of the card still says "Your card was delivered on May 22nd to the address you provided", so I don't think it's getting sent back.

I think it's being destroyed or lost.

8 hours ago, vawa2020 said:

mine was $4000. I trust my lawyer and she has been very helpful, but i doubt I would have paid more than $4000..

Lol. 4k is okay..not all cases require an attorney..some cases are really straightforward...I will only advice an attorney for complex cases. Some folks here did everything themselves and were absolutely successful! Some of them are more of a burden than help!👍

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys. Thank you everyone of you who answered me here and pm me. It really helps emotionally, when in real life you just have to go and keep everything inside of you. No one knows how many tears inside of your smiling eyes. For know I dont remember exactly, but I think my I485 was denied in 2018 cause I didnt go to interview and I believe they cancel my EAD and advance parol. My I485 not in hold definitely. I had previosly filled asylum case in 2016 so my EAD is from there and I pay and renew it every two years. My husband was forcing me to close asylum case, thank God I didn't do it. So, now I have EAD from asylum which will end this year October. Probably I have to apply again to EAD through asylum cause as Sandra mentioned I can't travel with asylim case. Anyway ,Thanks for hopes, You are here all amazing.

9 hours ago, Apolo said:

mine charged me almost 7000$ and i'm so disappointed and mad of how they are handling my case. I will never ever recommend them and after my case is done i will write a review regarding my experience with them 

That was quite a paltry sum for a terrible job! Thank God your VAWA is approved..hopefully you get scheduled any day now...🙏

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 11:24 AM, Shroy123 said:

Yes I read it too.. great news! Also asylum, U and T Visa's are exempted 

Does this also apply to people waiting for interviews too or still no face to face contact 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Ylx said:

I did it by Jewish Family & Community Services  and I only paid uscis fee. The lawyer didnt charge anything.

Also Catholic Charities offer also low cost or no payment at all. Worth to check on your local area. Good luck!

Yea Thats true.

But i dont regret at all that I have a competent lawyer handling it :)) 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That was quite a paltry sum for a terrible job! Thank God your VAWA is approved..hopefully you get scheduled any day now...🙏

I know, especially after my last contact with her. I was concerned about why there were so many discrepancies regarding my case and why again i have to contact them regarding my document, work permit, and why it is taking so long to respond on other issues that i had, and the response i got was. That this is not an emergency, and if it's not an emergency, don't need to speak with her since she is way to busy, and she is working on my case, so only if its an emergency then i can contact her. Then again i see her on youtube posting videos every day, i mean idk I'm disappointed and regret having her as a lawyer 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@Chei-360 Yes you can use a P.O box address! Wishing everyone nothing but LOVE!❤ No negative energies in this thread please!!! Let the approvals come through!😊🙌

Thank you for your response, I will get one ASAP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chibizen said:

I was abuse too by my ex husband, but my lawyer decided to filed it As divorced enter in good faith marriage. At first I get mad at him because I thought he would file my case as VAWA, but when he explained it to me why he didn't file it as VAWA he said, either way, we need to prove to them that I enter in a good faith marriage. 

Either before divorce or after divorce, one has to file VAWA, if abused. Clock starts ticking after divorce as time period to file VAWA confined to 2 years. Besides there r some other requirements ,over and above too. Try to get advice from Sandranj or any other attorney as a second opinion.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

Either before divorce or after divorce, one has to file VAWA, if abused. Clock starts ticking after divorce as time period to file VAWA confined to 2 years. Besides there r some other requirements ,over and above too. Try to get advice from Sandranj or any other attorney as a second opinion.

I mean to say before getting green card you can file VAWA.

Hi guys! 
Im very happy for all of you who received a good news.🙏🏻❤️

So here I am. Again with the same issue...

In still waiting for my EAD renewal.

So. I’ll try to be short.

Nowember 25 2019 my work authorization has expired. For work I was using 180 days extension.

Of course I was hoping that till that time I will have my EAD.

May 25 2020 180 days has expired...

So almost for 1 month Im unemployed.

This is my own disaster. Like all of us here I don’t have a family and lot of friends. But I have a child. Who want eat...

On March I sent to USCIS expedition request and 0 answer.
Somewhere about 2,5 months ago I sent them online inquiry. USCIS answered me that they can’t provide information online because of  VAWA. Ok. My bet

I sent letter to USCIS ( inquiry). Again 0 answer. 
About 6 weeks ago I sent inquiry one more time. Nothing back.

Meanwhile the time to applying for EAD renewal for  my child has come.   May 25 I sent new package to USCIS.

UPS lost it and couldn’t find. In a week they find it. Ok. So tomorrow is 3 weeks after I sent the last package.

There wasn’t 0 respond on any of those request and inquiries. My PF has expired June 7 2020. So basically all my paperwork has expired.

I called to USCIS and wanted to ask about infopass but they told me that I’m not eligible. It’s just for emergency cases.

Well. It’s kind of emergency. If not my tax return (which I was waiting for 4 months) in a 1/2 months we will end up in a street I guess. All my savings would be gone:

Guys. I don’t know what to do.

I was contacting governor, senator, ombudsman (he didn’t answer) and there no movements.

I feel like was  just throwing those applications in a wall. I spent so much money for faster deliveries but it doesn’t help. It seems like those letters are invisible.

I’m loosing my patience. 
I have to work. 
I need to provide everything for my child. I’m afraid of what could be happen.

My another friends are getting EAD for week-month. And I’m waiting for whole 1 year. And I didn’t even get at least some answer from them. 
Like...seriously?🥺

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.