taximan683

RFE for I-864 and K2 questions

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Bluee said:

Hi,

Any updates on your K1 & K2 applications?

Yeah! The i-485 for the RFE was received in Missouri at the NBC and we got the biometrics appointment in the mail on Friday 7/24. We go in for the fingerprints on 8/3. There were two letters, one for K-1 and one for K-2, with the same time and place for the biometrics appointment.

Have you heard anything? It looks like a lot of people are getting their biometrics letter in the last few days, since the offices are opening up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, taximan683 said:

Yeah! The i-485 for the RFE was received in Missouri at the NBC and we got the biometrics appointment in the mail on Friday 7/24. We go in for the fingerprints on 8/3. There were two letters, one for K-1 and one for K-2, with the same time and place for the biometrics appointment.

Have you heard anything? It looks like a lot of people are getting their biometrics letter in the last few days, since the offices are opening up.

Nope, nothing :(

I'm curious what did Case Status Online tell you when you got your appointment?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bluee said:

Case status online doesn't say anything about the biometrics. It only says they received my RFE response for the k-2 and for the k-1 it just says "Fingerprint fee was received". The biometrics came in the mail with no updates to anything.

Timeline

Went to biometrics appointment today. Very fast, about 30 min total with a short wait. Luckily, I brought the marriage certificate with us, and they asked for it. Make sure you bring it to your appointment. They don't tell you in the instructions. 

Timeline

We received e-mails today for K-1 and K-2 that we are being scheduled for the adjustment of status interview already. We just did the biometrics on August 3. I'll keep checking the mail for the letter. I checked case status and it has updated. It says they are ready to schedule the interview. I wonder how long it takes to schedule the interview, or does that mean the letter is on its way very soon. We are in California, Orange County. Do the interviews take place at the Application Support Centers? I hope so, its only 5 minutes from our home here.

Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 11:40 AM, Bluee said:

Anything yet? I'm seeing others waiting in Washington. Seems like they are slower there, or farther behind. Sorry...

On 6/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, Bluee said:

Hold on, let make it clear:

1. For K1:

- I-485: K1 as Principal Applicant and K2 as Dependent.

- I-864: K1 as Principal Applicant and K2 as Family Member

- I-944: K1 as Principal Applicant and K2 as Household Member

2. For K2:

- I-485: K2 as Derivative Applicant and K1 as Principal Applicant

- I-864: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Family Member

- I-944: K2 as Principal Applicant and K1 as Household Member

Base on my experience with 2 rejections and taximan683's experience, this could be the correct thing to do currently.

Hi! I kept this tab open before I started my applications to make sure I am doing it right and I know I am probably silly but I was hoping for some clarification. I have done my application only so far (I-485) and listed myself as principal applicant. Plus my WAC number and priority date etc. I am just not sure where to list my K2 as a dependent. She is written under my children and I have ticket that she is applying at the same time as me? Is that all I need to do? I don't need to fill out the Derivative applicant bit with her details on mine, right? That is what I do on her own I-485, only? 

I hope this makes sense. Basically I just want to make sure I have listed her correctly in my I-485 everywhere I need to but not sure where to list her as Dependent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, taximan683 said:

Anything yet? I'm seeing others waiting in Washington. Seems like they are slower there, or farther behind. Sorry...

VJ averages lack recent data for COVID reasons, but Seattle and SF show up as the slowest field offices for AOS by a very large margin right now.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Hi! I kept this tab open before I started my applications to make sure I am doing it right and I know I am probably silly but I was hoping for some clarification. I have done my application only so far (I-485) and listed myself as principal applicant. Plus my WAC number and priority date etc. I am just not sure where to list my K2 as a dependent. She is written under my children and I have ticket that she is applying at the same time as me? Is that all I need to do? I don't need to fill out the Derivative applicant bit with her details on mine, right? That is what I do on her own I-485, only? 

I hope this makes sense. Basically I just want to make sure I have listed her correctly in my I-485 everywhere I need to but not sure where to list her as Dependent.

Hi,

For I-485 for K1: Part 1 (Question 1a,b,c; page 1 of 20): List your name and your information; Part 2 (Question 1; page 3 of 20): select Principal applicant and 2c; and Part 6, Information about your Children (page 6 of 20): List your child's information, and question 6: Is this child applying with you?, make sure select Yes.

Hope this help!

Timeline
8 hours ago, taximan683 said:

Update! Just got the mails (no updates online so far yet).
Quick question: Just me (K1) and K2 should go, no need my hub (sponsor) to go to biometric appointment, right?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bluee said:

Update! Just got the mails (no updates online so far yet).
Quick question: Just me (K1) and K2 should go, no need my hub (sponsor) to go to biometric appointment, right?

Yeah, no need for sponsor. I was there just to watch our toddler. They only took a pic and one finger print of toddler. Funny though, she became frightened of the clock on the wall and in her pic she is crying. I guess  her green card will have pic of her crying.

Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, taximan683 said:

Yeah, no need for sponsor. I was there just to watch our toddler. They only took a pic and one finger print of toddler. Funny though, she became frightened of the clock on the wall and in her pic she is crying. I guess  her green card will have pic of her crying.

UPDATE:
I got an email from USCIS for my K2 just now saying Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. Just for K2, K1 is still Fingerprint Fee Was Received.
USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

Timeline
On 7/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, taximan683 said:

Yeah, we are at their mercy. At least you've made progress. We can only wait now for the appointment. They will probably update your k1 soon to "ready to schedule..."

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bluee said:

UPDATE: My case changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" today, 1 week after the bio.

Thanks for the update, and I'm happy that we have both made progress. Now I guess we are waiting again. Visa Journey is sending me updates that estimate the advance parole and employment authorization will take until November. I guess the interview doesn't happen for maybe a year? I'll look at the timelines. At least, I heard that USCIS has not furloughed employees.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.