taximan683

RFE for I-864 and K2 questions

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, taximan683 said:

Thanks for the update, and I'm happy that we have both made progress. Now I guess we are waiting again. Visa Journey is sending me updates that estimate the advance parole and employment authorization will take until November. I guess the interview doesn't happen for maybe a year? I'll look at the timelines. At least, I heard that USCIS has not furloughed employees.

Any updates on your case? I'm dying from waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bluee said:

Any updates on your case? I'm dying from waiting...

No updates. I expect it will be a long wait. I'm getting notifications from Visa Journey that say the EAD and Advance Parole will probably be processed in mid-November. The green card could take a year. I just keep checking the mail hoping I'll be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

In part  5 did y'all put 2 in part 5.1. Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit? I'm filling out the !-864 as well for my wife an her son. I've made two separate forms.

Timeline
On 9/15/2020 at 3:36 PM, Dean81 said:

In part  5 did y'all put 2 in part 5.1. Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit? I'm filling out the !-864 as well for my wife an her son. I've made two separate forms.

Yes, both forms, I put "2".

Quick update: I got both SSN card and EAD card! @taximan683

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bluee said:

Yes, both forms, I put "2".

Quick update: I got both SSN card and EAD card! @taximan683

That's quick! Congrats. We are waiting

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, Bluee said:

Still waiting over there? :( 

Today USPS says a package was mailed from USCIS in Missouri and we should receive it Friday. No update to case status yet. Hoping its combo card(s). What else could it be? Why one package and not two? I'll know Friday...

Timeline
20 hours ago, taximan683 said:

Today USPS says a package was mailed from USCIS in Missouri and we should receive it Friday. No update to case status yet. Hoping its combo card(s). What else could it be? Why one package and not two? I'll know Friday...

We received the I-767s approving my wife for EAD and AP, so its the combo card coming on Friday. Nothing about the K-2 yet. I hope that's coming next very soon. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, taximan683 said:

We received the I-767s approving my wife for EAD and AP, so its the combo card coming on Friday. Nothing about the K-2 yet. I hope that's coming next very soon. 

Don't keep your hope up on K2 like I do. Will be stressed because of that. Relax.

USCIS likes a box of chocolate...

Timeline

Received combo card for K-1, very happy....but no word on K-2 yet. USCIS sent case status updates after we received the notices and card already, and the case status on the website updated only on the AP so far, so keep checking your mail - you might receive something in the mail before your case updates online...

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, taximan683 said:

Received combo card for K-1, very happy....but no word on K-2 yet. USCIS sent case status updates after we received the notices and card already, and the case status on the website updated only on the AP so far, so keep checking your mail - you might receive something in the mail before your case updates online...

Still no word on K-2...

On 10/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, Bluee said:

Don't keep your hope up on K2 like I do. Will be stressed because of that. Relax.

USCIS likes a box of chocolate...

Any word on K-2 yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Bluee said:

Nope...

Still nothing... waiting on k2 AP and EAD. Can't travel yet anyway, but need social security for taxes in 2021...No interview scheduled yet...

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, taximan683 said:

Still nothing... waiting on k2 AP and EAD. Can't travel yet anyway, but need social security for taxes in 2021...No interview scheduled yet...

Still nothing.

I did call the SSA, and they told me that we have to wait until I-485 get approved so my daughter can have a SSN.

We need her SSN for taxes.

Pretty annoying...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.