zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

Just now, Eisa said:

I haven’t read this. Do you have a link for those news?

thank you

It was announced about half an hour ago by Dan Andrews at the press conference. If you go to the abc news live covid blog they have all the info for ll the state restrictions there

On 11/1/2020 at 3:04 PM, ErinB said:

Hi again everyone!

Continued update, as promised. 

We received our interview invite emailed from the consulate on 30/10/20, so, about 3 days after we received notice that our expedite request was approved. 

It gave us the three options, along with the spiel everyone's talking about regarding getting a permit to travel. 

We responded requesting option 2, which basically says that COVID won't let me travel and I'll contact you when I can travel. 

Does anyone know what the protocol would be for contacting them at that time? Just respond to the interview invite email? I'm making sure I have all my ducks in a row, because it's looking like the stars will align in a way that possibly gives us only a small window of time: if Trump gets re-elected, I don't want to wait to have an interview for any longer than I have to, because I have a feeling that one of the first things he'll do is get that Public Charge proclamation reinstated, and push through as many anti-immigrant legislations as he can, and it looks like the borders will potentially open within the next few weeks. 

If things start looking positive for the border opening, I'll be booking in my medical, and I'm just about to look into that now. 

My other question is a bit of a stupid one, but I've just read too many things from forums and application guides and process documents over the past 2 years, and I think I've confused myself:

Now that we have our case with the consulate, are they supposed to send us some sort of list of everything we need to bring to the interview? I've heard this referred to as "packet 3" I think?

Hi!

Another update:

We had our interview this morning. I am now stuck in Sydney, because as the border restrictions were announced on Sunday afternoon, we weren't able to reschedule. 

And we were APPROVED PENDING MEDICAL!

The CO addressed all of my concerns and let me know none of them were things to be worried about and once they get the medical report they'll happily issue the visa. They kept my passport. 

HOORAY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ErinB said:

Hi!

Another update:

We had our interview this morning. I am now stuck in Sydney, because as the border restrictions were announced on Sunday afternoon, we weren't able to reschedule. 

And we were APPROVED PENDING MEDICAL!

The CO addressed all of my concerns and let me know none of them were things to be worried about and once they get the medical report they'll happily issue the visa. They kept my passport. 

HOORAY

Congratulations!!! Isn’t it the best feeling! Sorry you are stuck in Sydney. Hopefully the smile of the approved visa makes the situation more bearable. I got my visa approved on the 8th Dec. Still can’t believe it! 😊

On 12/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, tdrysdale said:

That's amazing! Ours is 11 a.m. I think...would love to say hi to you if you are still there!

I didnt get a notification of your reply sorry!

Yes for sure! Have you ended up having your medical yet, or will you have it after the interview?

People,

The situation in NSW is getting worse. If you at all can, consider rescheduling your interview.

It takes around 5 business days for a reschedule to happen. Considering there are holidays coming up, keep this in mind. 

States are considering shutting their borders to NSW total. I know the idea of rescheduling an interview sucks, but seriously consider the ramifications of not doing so. Hotel quarantine is thousands of dollars, and it's not always an option depending on the state you're returning to and whether you travel by land or air. Airlines are being instructed to check border passes before people get on the plane and if you don't have one, they just won't let you board, and you'll be stuck in NSW indefinitely. People have been caught and charged for lying on border pass applications, and if you do and you are caught, that's a fraud charge - which is a CIMT, and your visa hopes will be dashed in an instant.

I know for some people it's worth the risk, or they have somewhere they can stay in NSW so it's not a problem etc. If that's the case, great. But if not, look very closely at all of your options and reschedule your interview early. Don't just wait to see if things get better, that time has passed, they're not getting better. 

Good luck everyone! ❤️

Edited by ErinB

Maybe a silly question... I'm gathering our civil docs for our interview on Monday and I'm wondering if I have to print out the photo that we needed to upload? Or just bring the

US passport photos? 

12 hours ago, tdrysdale said:

Maybe a silly question... I'm gathering our civil docs for our interview on Monday and I'm wondering if I have to print out the photo that we needed to upload? Or just bring the

US passport photos? 

You just need your two US passport photos with your full name written on the back of both 

Friends! 

I’m wondering, for those of you who have already had the medical, what vaccines any of you required? 
I’ve got mine coming up and I’m terrified of needles 🙃🙃

Timeline
5 hours ago, HRQX said:

I don't know how it's done in Australia, but in UK it's up to 4 shots:

13 hours ago, ErinB said:

Friends! 

I’m wondering, for those of you who have already had the medical, what vaccines any of you required? 
I’ve got mine coming up and I’m terrified of needles 🙃🙃

Hey I’ve already been approved fly out in 2 weeks this is the official vaccination report they give you and the shots you need.

I recommend take it in to your local GP and get them to check your records.

Use Medicare otherwise you have to pay per shot at the medical.

Hope that helps please excuse my dates. 
For Hep B your GP can organise a blood test for antibodies in your system so you don’t get it twice.

😊

7318E021-7A3E-4B0B-A08F-937600CEF5BE.jpeg

41B6AB31-7BF8-4D4E-A29D-F60AAFFC52A2.jpeg

8 minutes ago, AussieAmy said:

Hey I’ve already been approved fly out in 2 weeks this is the official vaccination report they give you and the shots you need.

I recommend take it in to your local GP and get them to check your records.

Use Medicare otherwise you have to pay per shot at the medical.

Hope that helps please excuse my dates. 
For Hep B your GP can organise a blood test for antibodies in your system so you don’t get it twice.

😊

7318E021-7A3E-4B0B-A08F-937600CEF5BE.jpeg

41B6AB31-7BF8-4D4E-A29D-F60AAFFC52A2.jpeg

well this is mildly terrifying, I didn't think there were that many. 

Had you had any/a lot of these as a child/through school? Which ones did you have to get in preparation for your medical?

Timeline

Hey there,

I was in the military so I had most done through work already. However I did go to the GP and he sorted it all out for me like what I had and what I needed the blood test everything. 
I ended up only needing a booster and blood test.

Some immunisations are one needle and cover  multiple diseases.

Do not stress the medical is easy peasy they can give you whatever you need on the spot as long as your happy to pay for it.
It’s like a medical for when your going in to have surgery standard questions... do you drink? How often? Do you smoke? How many? Do you have asthma? Diabetes? Mental health questions Ect ect they read a preset list off the screen they make you duck walk in your underwear, touch your toes, reflexes, check your joint movements, your blood pressure your lungs and your out of there.
I stressed out really really bad prior and it was just a waste of emotions because it was honest to God just a chat with a doctor. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.