1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RayCal said:

Forms were received at NBC on June 5th. Bios were done 8/6. Requested expedite 10/22 based on job offer. Submitted beyond processing time inquiry on 12/22. Contacted Congressman on 12/29. Job offer expired on 1/11/21. Submitted another case inquiry last week. STILL NO EAD/AP!!!!!

How come they never approved the expedite? Did you inquire about it?

36 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

For anyone who's service center is the NBC, have you received your EAD/AP yet?  My PD is June 18 and had my bios done on Aug 20th.  I'm still waiting for any word about some forward progression with my case. 

How can I know where's my case? Or when it is transferred? Thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

How come they never approved the expedite? Did you inquire about it?

I did. I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer and she kept on saying they cannot guarantee a timeline, it was really a heartless conversation. I followed up again and still waiting for another Tier 2 officer call.

Just now, Woodpecker07 said:

I can be wrong on this, so if I am, so if I am, someone correct me.

My GC is through an AoS and all AoS are processed at NBC.

This maybe of help to you, though:

The main service centers are as follows:

MSC – National Benefits Center;
NBC – National Benefits Center;
EAC – Vermont Service Center (formerly known as Eastern Adjudication Center);
VSC – Vermont Service Center;
WAC – California Service Center (formerly known as Western Adjudication Center);
CSC – California Service Center;
LIN – Nebraska Service Center;
NSC – Nebraska Service Center;
SRC – Texas Service Center (formerly known as Southern Regional Center);
TSC – Texas Service Center;
YSC – Potomac Service Center.
You will know which center is processing your case by looking at the first three letters of your receipt number on your receipt notice. If you are waiting for your case to be sent to your local office for an interview you must review the processing times for your local office by city and state.

Source: https://www.visalawyerblog.com/uscis-update-very-long-processing-times-whats-happening/#:~:text=You will know which center,number on your receipt notice.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Woodpecker07 said:

You can ask from tier 1 officer where your case is? If is transferred, where? When?They will let you know.

18 hours ago, CanadianTank said:

For anyone who's service center is the NBC, have you received your EAD/AP yet?  My PD is June 18 and had my bios done on Aug 20th.  I'm still waiting for any word about some forward progression with my case. 

Yes, my husband received his - He's already working, and we just used the AP.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The status on my I-485 updated last night to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". Not sure if that really means much, but status changes have been so rare any change is exciting lol. Hoping that means I might see some movement on my I-765 soon...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, ashleyjan07 said:

My husband and I had our interview on January 11. Finally yesterday Jan. 13 the case's online status changed to: 'Card being produced'

We are beyond ecstatic, as it was a fortunately a very speedy process for us (7 months!) 

I wish everyone a speedy process as well!

Congratulations!!!!

1 hour ago, ashleyjan07 said:

My husband and I had our interview on January 11. Finally yesterday Jan. 13 the case's online status changed to: 'Card being produced'

We are beyond ecstatic, as it was a fortunately a very speedy process for us (7 months!) 

Congrats !! what questions did they ask ? any suggestions ?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
18 minutes ago, GCJACK said:

Hey GC Jack are there any updates on your case? Has it got transferred to a FO?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, GCJACK said:

Honestly, the officer didnt ask us that many questions. None related to our relationship, except for us to confirm the date in which we got married. Then, it was mostly as to why did my husband stayed past his visa and why did I file my taxes as single (I explained that because at the time (2019) my husband was not living in the US and my tax advisor explained that it wouldnt be appropriate to file as married). He was ok with our responses. I would say just be honest and straightforward, try to be concise in your answers, limiting them to what the officer is asking, if he requires more info he will tell you, otherwise you may be saying too much and giving the officer more to question you about).

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Shan181 said:

Hey GC Jack are there any updates on your case? Has it got transferred to a FO?

No updates on EAD or AP yet but AoS changed to "Ready to schedule an interview". I guess it's a generic message. How about yours ?

37 minutes ago, ashleyjan07 said:

Honestly, the officer didnt ask us that many questions. None related to our relationship, except for us to confirm the date in which we got married. Then, it was mostly as to why did my husband stayed past his visa and why did I file my taxes as single (I explained that because at the time (2019) my husband was not living in the US and my tax advisor explained that it wouldnt be appropriate to file as married). He was ok with our responses. I would say just be honest and straightforward, try to be concise in your answers, limiting them to what the officer is asking, if he requires more info he will tell you, otherwise you may be saying too much and giving the officer more to question you about).

Good luck!

Thank You.

37 minutes ago, ashleyjan07 said:

Good luck!

thank you

4 hours ago, ashleyjan07 said:

Congrats.  Was your service center NBC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.