Ricca711

Additional Evidence on I-130 Form Petition for Alien Relative

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi!

I am completing the form I-130 for my Ghanaian spouse.  Did anyone send in the Religious, school and census records that are requested on the last page?  Or did you merely complete an affidavit? 

Those are just examples of things you can send and are not really necessary for a spousal visa petition. For Ghana you have a tough road ahead of you. Please tell me you are sending more evidence than just an affidavit? You need lots of evidence in various forms to show a bona fide relationship to the embassy. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Your strongest evidence is going to be the evidence of time spent together in person.  Second, is examples of how and how frequently you communicate.  Affidavits from third parties can make you look desperate.  You may want to consider writing an evolution of relationship letter as well.  Accra is tough when it comes to relationship evidence.  What else do you have?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Good morning, 

Thanks for all your answers.  Oh yes, I have lots of evidence.  Marriage certificate, registrars certificate, marriage invoices, flight receipts, visa stamps at entry points for multiple trips even the flight postponed for May 2020 due to COVID-19.  Co-mingling of finances, pics of text messages on our UAB bank account, a letter from the bank with both our names on it and direct deposits,  receipts for purchased for supplies on our home, lots of pics with family and friends.  I was going to include a print out of our chat log beginning July 2015 to present.  However, its a LENGTHY LOG and includes very private messages.  Additionally, it would be a large file to send.  Any thoughts?  

I will research and example of an Evolution of Relationship.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

I was mainly concerned about that last page in the form.  I was going to order my census record, but that is another $65.00.  I just hate to waste money on information I don't feel is necessary.  It would seem that my original attached birth certificate would be enough.  The instructions say that if none of these items are available include a letter that says why.  Did anyone include that letter?

Timeline
10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Your strongest evidence is going to be the evidence of time spent together in person.  Second, is examples of how and how frequently you communicate.  Affidavits from third parties can make you look desperate.  You may want to consider writing an evolution of relationship letter as well.  Accra is tough when it comes to relationship evidence.  What else do you have?

Hi boss, can I make my parents and my wife’s parent swear an affidavit of support? Does that make me look desperate too?

Timeline

OK, my name is Erika.  I think Boss is reserved for men in Ghana, LOL!.  Post your question in the Ghana portal and im sure someone will answer.  For our petition I used 1 affidavit from our Pastor that performed the traditional and court wedding.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ricca711 said:

OK, my name is Erika.  I think Boss is reserved for men in Ghana, LOL!.  Post your question in the Ghana portal and im sure someone will answer.  For our petition I used 1 affidavit from our Pastor that performed the traditional and court wedding.  

Thanks Ricca. My question was for Pushrk.At least av learnt from you. Are you a Ghanaian? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ricca711 said:

Oh, sorry.  LOL!  I am the American citizen.  My husband is from Ghana.  

Nice meeting you. My wife is a citizen too. I’m waiting for interview schedule from the embassy. Its been a long journey but it’s cool.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Agba1 said:

Hi boss, can I make my parents and my wife’s parent swear an affidavit of support? Does that make me look desperate too?

Yes, absolutely.  The issue is not whether parents or friends like your decisions.  It's about whether the relationship itself is bona fide.  How much time have you spent together in person?  How many visits to see each other?  How did you meet?  What are your relative ages?  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, absolutely.  The issue is not whether parents or friends like your decisions.  It's about whether the relationship itself is bona fide.  How much time have you spent together in person?  How many visits to see each other?  How did you meet?  What are your relative ages?  

Thanks so much...but kindly go through the documents I have currently and help me with an advice if necessary.

1.DS260

2. Marriage certificate 

3. police report

4. Medicals

5. Old Moneygram receipts

6. Joint bank statements

7. Wedding cards from her friends 

8. Photo album showing pictures from all her 3 visits

9. Affidavit of support from both parents

10. Affidavit of support from my church and hers

11. Facebook post evidence

12. WhatsApp chats(from 2017) and call logs

13.Facebook messenger chats
14. Email chats

15. Birth certificate

Edited by Agba1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I think there's some confusion about the amount of evidence that is required for each step/stage and what is recommended.

First, for the I-130 petition,  include the marriage certificate, proof of citizenship (US citizen petitioner) and all divorce decrees for previous marriages.  These are required.  What is recommended, is things like joint lease/mortgage, joint bank statements, adding the spouse on any family plans such as healthcare and wills.  Also examples of ongoing chats; photos of the wedding, being together,and with each other's families; travel receipts and visa stamps to show you have visited each other.

I do not know if census, religious or school data is required at all, unless that somehow shows evidence of the relationship.

For the NVC stage, IV application (DS-260) and evidence will be required, which is different for each embassy.  Some of the basics are marriage certificate, birth certificate of the beneficiary, the bio page of their passport, and police clearance certificate.  Also at the NVC stage, the Affidavit of Support has to be submitted by the US citizen petitioner, with tax return evidence of previous year's or years' income.

At the embassy interview stage, the medical exam has to be done, and the originals of the copies submitted at the NVC stage has to be presented.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ricca711 said:

Thanks Pushbrk.  So, will i get a RFE if I dont include the census, birth and religious records they ask for at the end of the form?

They are not asking for that. You don;t need that. That's for other types of I-130 filings.So just leave it. This is a spouse filing which means like @Pushbrk said proving a bonafide relationship. A census has nothign to do with that he isn't in the US.

Those examples would be for those who don;t have a passport or Birth certificate to identify them.

Also you going to have to figure out how to get your communications (Chats submitted).  2 to 3 conversations a month is good. No one is expecting to read through years of chats But you must show you communicate and how the various ways you do. Phones logs, social media, etc.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Ok, so that the confusion is cleared I uploaded a snippet of the last page on the I-130.  I am the American, petitioning for my Ghanaian husband.  This last page below confused me and I was wondering if its OK to submit without this information.  

Annotation 2020-06-01 221402.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.