dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ncornejo7 said:

You are right it used to take that long. My wife I130 petition was approved on October 4th 2019 and we didn't get out case # until January 3rd 2020. So it took almost 3 months in our case.

Yes it’s the normal processing time for paper filers. With the recent switch to online filing, where a case gets created automatically at NVC shortly after NOA2, of course folks become more impatient even though this system only applies to a selected number of cases at the moment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

NVC actually seems to be more organized and structured with their status updates - at least from what I have seen. If they gave you this message, then you can assume that USCIS made a clerical/administrative error that they need to resolve before NVC accepts your case

Right, they pretty much confirmed USCIS made an error. It's just matter of fixing it and when, hopefully soon. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 minutes ago, hscoots said:

ya it sucks, but can't do much but wait. USCIS messed up our nvc transfer too, got the generic message from nvcresearch that there was some error in the case and they are working with uscis to fix it(I doubt they are actually trying to fix it but just buying more time for themselves), but we shall see. 

My husband talk to a tier2 yesterday he said he ll send a request to send our documents to nvc and we should hear from them in 15 days. Now i hope he said nvc not nbc cause my husband said he had an accent. My husband told him about our wrong notice of action but he didnt comment on that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

My husband talk to a tier2 yesterday he said he ll send a request to send our documents to nvc and we should hear from them in 15 days. Now i hope he said nvc not nbc cause my husband said he had an accent. My husband told him about our wrong notice of action but he didnt comment on that

Ya I wouldn't worry too much, you should get sth quick from NVC based on that Tier 2 talk. Good luck. 

Hello guys, if my brother is the joint sponsor for my husband's sponsorship and his income alone is more than enough for meeting the requirement, then does his wife need to complete a I864a form? Or my I864 and my brother's I864 would be enough for the submission? Thanks in advance for any help!

1 minute ago, Fariya said:

Hello guys, if my brother is the joint sponsor for my husband's sponsorship and his income alone is more than enough for meeting the requirement, then does his wife need to complete a I864a form? Or my I864 and my brother's I864 would be enough for the submission? Thanks in advance for any help!

Well it all depends. Do they file jointly?

Just now, Ncornejo7 said:

Well it all depends. Do they file jointly?

Yes! That's why I was confused and thought she may need to submit the I864a. But also my brother's income alone meets the criteria so I didn't know if adding her would be necessary. 

Just now, Fariya said:

Yes! That's why I was confused and thought she may need to submit the I864a. But also my brother's income alone meets the criteria so I didn't know if adding her would be necessary. 

Go ahead and have his wife complete and submit the I864a along with his I864. This would eliminate any possibilities of an RFE.

1 minute ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Go ahead and have his wife complete and submit the I864a along with his I864. This would eliminate any possibilities of an RFE.

Okay I will ^_^ thank you very much! 

7 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

No problem! Just make sure you count the household size accordingly. Many people seem to get that part incorrect.

Oh yes! I believe it should be 2 in mine (me and my husband) and 4 in my brother's (him, his wife, his son and my husband). Does it look right to you? 

1 hour ago, Fariya said:

Oh yes! I believe it should be 2 in mine (me and my husband) and 4 in my brother's (him, his wife, his son and my husband). Does it look right to you? 

Yes, that seems to be correct with the information you disclosed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.