dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I had something similar to this happen to me. I accidentally added the household member of my joint sponsor as my household member. What I did was submit a duplicate of the i864a to the corresponding sponsor. I then wrote a letter to NVC on CEAC to please disregard the household member under my household member section. That the household member belongs to the Joint sponsor, to remove from my section if necessary.  They went ahead and deleted from my (primary sponsor) household member section. They accepted all documents, no delay. However , I went ahead and submitted a duplicate under the correct sponsor.

Did your lawyer resubmit under the corresponding section?

Hello

I had also same mistake and submitted on 26th March. I haven't get any review from them yet.

So is it better to write or leave that as it is? 

What did you write in that letter and where did you submit ? 

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I had something similar to this happen to me. I accidentally added the household member of my joint sponsor as my household member. What I did was submit a duplicate of the i864a to the corresponding sponsor. I then wrote a letter to NVC on CEAC to please disregard the household member under my household member section. That the household member belongs to the Joint sponsor, to remove from my section if necessary.  They went ahead and deleted from my (primary sponsor) household member section. They accepted all documents, no delay. However , I went ahead and submitted a duplicate under the correct sponsor.

I just read this and realized we made the same mistake. Can I ask, under what folder did you submit your letter explaining the mix up? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Heenadarji said:

Hello

I had also same mistake and submitted on 26th March. I haven't get any review from them yet.

So is it better to write or leave that as it is? 

What did you write in that letter and where did you submit ? 

Did you submmit a duplicate in the right section? If you already did I would go ahead and leave it as is. If not go ahead and submit documents where they belong and on the section where u uploaded the documents previously I would add a letter .

1 hour ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I just read this and realized we made the same mistake. Can I ask, under what folder did you submit your letter explaining the mix up? Thanks! 

What I did was write the letter in a word document and then saved it in a PDF file (no signture). I uploaded the letter in the "other" I just wrote on the comment section "letter explaining upload of documents I'm wrong section" . I wrote something along those lines.

Edited by Ncornejo7

3 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Thanks for your response Ncornejo7. I'm worried about it, though that this can delay the process :( My lawyer send the letter by email I think. Does it work submitting via CEAC?

And no they haven't submit the i864a to the correct section yet. You did it after they deleted the wrong one?

8 hours ago, GN&PM said:

Thanks for your response Ncornejo7. I'm worried about it, though that this can delay the process :( My lawyer send the letter by email I think. Does it work submitting via CEAC?

And no they haven't submit the i864a to the correct section yet. You did it after they deleted the wrong one?

I actually did it before they deleted the one I uploaded in the wrong section. I would go ahead and do that. When did ur lawyer submit email?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I had been unable to read my messages on NVC website but know that my documents had been DQ'd, however there was also a case FE review note on there that I just saw that said:

"Brianna does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

I am not sure why this note is on there because I was under the impression that based on my current salary I do meet the minimum requirements. I did include my 2019 taxes and I did not make enough in 2019 for the whole year, however, in August of 2019 I began working as an Intern School Psychologist (I was finishing up grad school but received a salary of 21,900, which is just above the minimum salary requirements). Then, in November of 2019, my salary was increased to 30,000 because the state teacher minimum salary increased. While my taxes do not indicate the I made enough money, I also provided an updated version of my contract indicating that I made 30,000 from November-this August 2020 (which is when my contract ends). I also provided proof of direct deposit to my account for the last sixth months, which should have indicated that I am currently making enough money. Just for good measure, we also decided to include proof of assets, both for the petitioner and beneficiary, which exceeded the amount necessary to support my husband. 

Furthermore, as if this wasn't enough, I have graduated from my program and internship, and have just signed a contract for my new job, where I will make 65,000 dollars (which is far far above the minimum income requirement I am sure). I know they don't really care about future employment, but I definitely will not need to have somebody else sign an affadavit of support on our behalf. My contract begins on 7/1/2020 and I will make 65,000 dollars a year, which is more than double my current salary as an intern school psychologist (which I was under the impression still qualified). 

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions for me? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bcoulter said:

Hi Everyone, 

I had been unable to read my messages on NVC website but know that my documents had been DQ'd, however there was also a case FE review note on there that I just saw that said:

"Brianna does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

I am not sure why this note is on there because I was under the impression that based on my current salary I do meet the minimum requirements. I did include my 2019 taxes and I did not make enough in 2019 for the whole year, however, in August of 2019 I began working as an Intern School Psychologist (I was finishing up grad school but received a salary of 21,900, which is just above the minimum salary requirements). Then, in November of 2019, my salary was increased to 30,000 because the state teacher minimum salary increased. While my taxes do not indicate the I made enough money, I also provided an updated version of my contract indicating that I made 30,000 from November-this August 2020 (which is when my contract ends). I also provided proof of direct deposit to my account for the last sixth months, which should have indicated that I am currently making enough money. Just for good measure, we also decided to include proof of assets, both for the petitioner and beneficiary, which exceeded the amount necessary to support my husband. 

Furthermore, as if this wasn't enough, I have graduated from my program and internship, and have just signed a contract for my new job, where I will make 65,000 dollars (which is far far above the minimum income requirement I am sure). I know they don't really care about future employment, but I definitely will not need to have somebody else sign an affadavit of support on our behalf. My contract begins on 7/1/2020 and I will make 65,000 dollars a year, which is more than double my current salary as an intern school psychologist (which I was under the impression still qualified). 

What did you note as current income on the I-864? I’d probably just produce an updated I-864 for the interview reflecting your current annual income (disregarding 2019 taxes for this line), and provide offer letter for new job along with acceptance letter, and provide 3 months of pay stubs (not bank statements) dating back 3 months from the interview date once you have it.

11 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Did you submmit a duplicate in the right section? If you already did I would go ahead and leave it as is. If not go ahead and submit documents where they belong and on the section where u uploaded the documents previously I would add a letter .

What I did was write the letter in a word document and then saved it in a PDF file (no signture). I uploaded the letter in the "other" I just wrote on the comment section "letter explaining upload of documents I'm wrong section" . I wrote something along those lines.

Yes,

I have uploaded same documents in house hold member section (in right section)And the same is also in joint sponsor section(that was by mistake).

Thank you for you reply. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Bcoulter said:

Hi Everyone, 

Bring everything with you to the interview.  I don't know how long the wait is in the UK....but for a lot of countries it can be 4-6 months after DQ, and that's without the pandemic.  You may have even more financial evidence by that time to back you up.  Bring your letters of offer (or letter from employer stating you currently work for them with an annual salary of _______) for any jobs where your salary is not yet fully reflected in your tax returns.  Bring your monthly pay stubs for those jobs.  Bring your school diplomas and any certificates that qualify you to work those jobs and a copy of them with you.  You can add assets to help as well.  If you have a parent or sibling willing to act as a co-sponsor, you can have them fill out the I-864A.  Bring the I-864A with you to the interview and keep it in your back pocket in the event that the issue of income arises.  I suspect that by the time your interview comes you will have ample evidence that you meet the income requirements and it probably won't be an issue.

2 hours ago, Heenadarji said:

Yes,

I have uploaded same documents in house hold member section (in right section)And the same is also in joint sponsor section(that was by mistake).

Thank you for you reply. 

No problem, I hope they dont tell u to submit letter. Usually they say that you go to back of the line when u submit more documents that was not the case for me though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bcoulter said:

Hi Everyone, 

I had the exact same message happen to me.

Myself and husband live abroad. I am the US citizen and I make >125% above poverty live for many consecutive years. We have assets here in Brazil. Our lawyer guaranteed us that this was all plenty of evidence and we would not need a joint sponsor.

We had the exact same message come up. I called NVC twice and spoke to 2 different officers. Both suggested we get a joint sponsor bc foreign assets are frowned upon and the office can indeed ask for further income or even a joint sponsor at the interview. We didn't want to take that chance - we've waited SO LONG! So we're scambling to get a joint sponsor right now.

I don't have any suggestions - just wanted to share what we're going through. Maybe that will help you somehow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anybody else been waiting on the NVC for over 4 weeks? I got approved May 8th and still haven't heard anything from the NVC. I Call them everyday and they say my case isn't there yet. It's a bit surprising as everybody seems to get it within a week now.

2 hours ago, USAUAinCZ said:

Anybody else been waiting on the NVC for over 4 weeks? I got approved May 8th and still haven't heard anything from the NVC. I Call them everyday and they say my case isn't there yet. It's a bit surprising as everybody seems to get it within a week now.

Just be patient.  Once NVC receives your case it will take around 10 days for them to create your case number and invoice number. In the meantime work on the files you will upload so when the time comes to uploading you have everything ready and everything is filled out right, and you have the correct civil documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.