JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 10/31/2020 at 2:10 AM, TosyneATX said:

Journey so far:

Applied for N400 online on July 10th.

Received 10 years Green card from I751 on Aug 24th (filed ROC June 2019).

Biometric reuse letter on Sept 4th (last biometrics taken in Nov 2019 for ROC).

Interview scheduled on July 23rd for Dec 10th.

Before I got my interview scheduled, I called uscis on Monday 19th October and the officer told me that my case is in line for interview and waiting for an interview date. She mentioned that it was previously scheduled and canceled but it's now in line. So I should wait.

I waited till Thursday 22nd Oct and called back. I explained to the officer that I called earlier in the week and was told my interview was scheduled and canceled and none of it was updated on my case status so I would like to speak with Tier 2 officer. She told me I'll have to wait for a call back within 7 days. I asked her to schedule and then she asked me to wait that she'll transfer me. After putting me on hold for like a minute, she said hello and when I responded, she cut off the call.

I immediately called back and got another agent, told her my call got disconnected and explained what I told the previous officer that disconnected. She put me in line for a call back from a Tier 2 officer. 

Surprisingly, my case was updated the next day to interview scheduled. 

A Tier 2 officer actually called me back yesterday 30th Oct. and I told her my case has been updated. 

Preparing for interview. From Austin Texas

Wait ..Are you serious? Does you online account indicate that an interview has been scheduled?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Timona said:

Wait ..Are you serious? Does you online account indicate that an interview has been scheduled?

Yes, my online account was updated the next day after my call.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Newfiler said:

I just got an update on my application, they just scheduled my interview last Friday. It is schedule for December 16th. 

Congrats! Almost at the finish line 🙌!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, TosyneATX said:

Yes, my online account was updated the next day after my call.

Well, I'll surely call tomorrow. Nothing to loose.

So when did you do your biometrics? Or was that waived after your call? 

I haven't even got a biometrics appointment yet. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, Gorkhali said:

Magic Word is "technical support" and then "Technical Problem"

First i was disconnected but i called right back and No hold time. Spoke to them and they sent a request to field office. Gave me reference number and said i should hear something from them in 15 to 30 days. 

Call now before they figure out we figured out how to contact them and they change it :)

If I go trough myUSCIS and try to request an case status check online, the system tells me I’m within the processing time since the waiting time in California is like 13 months or more. Ugh  

Timeline
1 minute ago, jivp said:

If I go trough myUSCIS and try to request an case status check online, the system tells me I’m within the processing time since the waiting time in California is like 13 months or more. Ugh  

A lot of people are but they still call. Check @TosyneATX story. 

So I guess it's worth calling. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Timona said:

Well, I'll surely call tomorrow. Nothing to loose.

So when did you do your biometrics? Or was that waived after your call? 

I haven't even got a biometrics appointment yet. 

Biometrics was reused. I got the letter in September. 

I actually had biometrics done last November for I751 (ROC).

It's best to call them that your case status hasn't been updated since you filed and you need to talk to a Tier 2 officer. 

Best of luck!

Timeline
8 hours ago, TosyneATX said:

Biometrics was reused. I got the letter in September. 

I actually had biometrics done last November for I751 (ROC).

It's best to call them that your case status hasn't been updated since you filed and you need to talk to a Tier 2 officer. 

Best of luck!

My recent biometrics was done in November 2019 too. Lemme call now then update 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seems like we are seeing quite a few early Xmas presents with Interviews.. good luck everyone...

.. and yes.. CALL and ask for Tier 2 or Support

... and no, you don't get penalized or a demerit for calling...

and if you get a grumpy agent when you get through, call back the next day for someone else...

There is nothing to lose and something to gain by making some calls

Timeline

I called. Got connected under 5 mins with Tiffany and in line for a call back from Tier 2 officer. She gave me the number that will be calling me back. This is thoughtful of USCIS because I personally do not pick calls from unsaved contacts (leave a voicemail or I will not call back). I suspect there is an extension to it. That, they are smart not to give. Anyhow, you will not know which agent will pick your case. So extension does not matter at the end of the day.

Anyway, I pretty much told Tiffany that it has been 125 days and I have not received biometrics appointment yet. My last Bio for ROC was done in November of 2019. Hopefully, I can charm the Tier 2 officer into triggering its re-use so that I can proceed forward with my N400 application.

Anyway, I will update once a Tier 2 calls

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill timeline, People

Edited by Timona

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Is there a rule or guideline that states that you are supposed to get your biometrics appointment scheduled within 90 days of applying? Can someone please share a link with this information with me? My field office reopened in June after being closed for COVID.

For my I-751 application, I applied in April and didn't have my biometrics appointment until November.

Filed: Timeline

@RandB I do not know of any policy that says you get your biometrics appt within 90 days of applying. I believe what is being discussed here is the update from USCIS about COVID. Due to the pandemic various offices were closed and many people had their biometric appts canceled. For those people USCIS is saying with in 90 days of the ASC opening (thats the application support center-where you do biometrics) you would either get a reschedule notice or a notice they are using your old biometrics. And if you dont get either with in 90 days to contact them. But this is just for those who had appts canceled. Did you have an appt that was canceled? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

@RandB I do not know of any policy that says you get your biometrics appt within 90 days of applying. I believe what is being discussed here is the update from USCIS about COVID. Due to the pandemic various offices were closed and many people had their biometric appts canceled. For those people USCIS is saying with in 90 days of the ASC opening (thats the application support center-where you do biometrics) you would either get a reschedule notice or a notice they are using your old biometrics. And if you dont get either with in 90 days to contact them. But this is just for those who had appts canceled. Did you have an appt that was canceled? 

No, I did not have an appointment that was cancelled. I didn't realize all of these July filers in this thread had cancelled appointments.

Thank you for the clarification.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Became a US citizen 11/3/2020. Had my interview and was asked if I could come back for Friday oath ceremony. Problem is work is crazy and the USCIS office is 2.5 hours away from home so I asked if there was anyway we could oath same day. 30 minutes later, I was raising my right hand and saying the oath.

I ran to my car with a couple of tears, made it back in time to register and vote before polls closed. Perfect day.

I hope you all have a speedy adjudication of your cases and I'm glad my immigration journey has come to a close after living in the US since 2009.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

5 hours ago, beans said:

Became a US citizen 11/3/2020. Had my interview and was asked if I could come back for Friday oath ceremony. Problem is work is crazy and the USCIS office is 2.5 hours away from home so I asked if there was anyway we could oath same day. 30 minutes later, I was raising my right hand and saying the oath.

I ran to my car with a couple of tears, made it back in time to register and vote before polls closed. Perfect day.

I hope you all have a speedy adjudication of your cases and I'm glad my immigration journey has come to a close after living in the US since 2009.

Thank you for your post and congratulations. I have a question did you have to put your mask on all the time during the interview?

Edited by Newfiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.