BoostFreak12

K1 visa runs out in 2 months. :-(

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello so my fiance got her visa Feb 15th... 1 month later booked her flight and they cancelled her flight the day Davao City Philippines.   :-(.

Only 2 months left on the visa and really don't want to go threw the process to do her medical again to get a new visa..

So we are very stressed.....

I see the last sweeper flight is this month which we are to late to sign up....

.so it being the last sweeper flight maybe that means davaos airport will open back up ...

Is their anyone here that knows any info on when Davao City airport is opening back up? Really need to get my fiance here!

Any input and help much appreciated thanks in advance to all you who help with reliable information!  😁

Trying to remain positive.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BoostFreak12 said:

Hello so my fiance got her visa Feb 15th... 1 month later booked her flight and they cancelled her flight the day Davao City Philippines.   :-(.

Only 2 months left on the visa and really don't want to go threw the process to do her medical again to get a new visa..

So we are very stressed.....

I see the last sweeper flight is this month which we are to late to sign up....

.so it being the last sweeper flight maybe that means davaos airport will open back up ...

Is their anyone here that knows any info on when Davao City airport is opening back up? Really need to get my fiance here!

Any input and help much appreciated thanks in advance to all you who help with reliable information!  😁

Trying to remain positive.

This really belongs in the Philippines regional forum 

YMMV

1 hour ago, BoostFreak12 said:

so it being the last sweeper flight maybe that means davaos airport will open back up

Sweeper, specifically repatriation, flights in this case are not good indications that the airport will reopen. These flights are run because there is no change in the situation or it is not projected to get better. If the airport and international travel was going to restart then there is no need to run the charter flights.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Sweeper, specifically repatriation, flights in this case are not good indications that the airport will reopen. These flights are run because there is no change in the situation or it is not projected to get better. If the airport and international travel was going to restart then there is no need to run the charter flights.

Like i was saying tho after the 26th theirs no more sweeper flights 

Timeline

Unfortunately nobody knows what is going on inside Duterte's mind.  Guesstimates run from a couple months to next year

YMMV

Timeline
20 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately nobody knows what is going on inside Duterte's mind.  Guesstimates run from a couple moni lths to next year

I sure hope not

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kris&me said:

At this time K1 visas are not on the exempt group for travel to the US

have to wait for the EO to be lifted and a new medical and visa if past the expiration date

Really,  we have seen k1s entering during this entire period of time.   Care to share your source?

YMMV

K-1s are not exempt from the EO banning travel to the US if you have been in certain countries within the past 14 days.

K-1s are assumed exempt for the EO covering the immigrant visa ban. I have seen emergency ones issued while the consulates have suspended visa services, but can't confirm normal ones as no normal visas are being issued anywhere right now.

OP is in PH, so the EO in the first sentence does not apply unless they transit through an impacted country.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
16 minutes ago, geowrian said:

K-1s are not exempt from the EO banning travel to the US if you have been in certain countries within the past 14 days.

K-1s are assumed exempt for the EO covering the immigrant visa ban. I have seen emergency ones issued while the consulates have suspended visa services, but can't confirm normal ones as no normal visas are being issued anywhere right now.

OP is in PH, so the EO in the first sentence does not apply unless they transit through an impacted country.

Dont understand what ur saying her visa was issued before all this....

We are looking at sweeper flights just prefer the darn airport ope...

Honestly not sure how your comment has anything to do with my situation...

What am I missing

Timeline

We know about 8 girls who have taken sweeper flights in last 2 months getting here just fine ... So I have no clue what u are saying or if it's even relevant

35 minutes ago, kris&me said:

At this time K1 visas are not on the exempt group for travel to the US

Plenty have some in via land crossings and by air.  @Ela S. just came from Europe a having a 14 day vacation in Mexico!

Sometimes lack of creativity is a real curse.  We got here in 100 days on a spousal visa.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 minutes ago, BoostFreak12 said:

Dont understand what ur saying her visa was issued before all this....

We are looking at sweeper flights just prefer the darn airport ope...

Honestly not sure how your comment has anything to do with my situation...

What am I missing

It was in reference to the comment by kris&me above that said K-1s are not exempt, which was inaccurate.

K-1s are still valid. Just don't travel through a country impacted by the 14 day ban (mostly Schengen area countries, which likely aren't an issue coming from PH).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

14 hours ago, BoostFreak12 said:

Like i was saying tho after the 26th theirs no more sweeper flights 

That doesn't mean that the regular flights are opening back up, it simply means that the government has decided "enough is enough, anyone who hasn't managed to get back by now can make do for themselves" and ceased subsidising and/or allowing repatriation flights to land. 

If other airports in the Phillipines are operating, then perhaps it's worth looking into seeing if there's an overland way of getting there and getting a flight if they're operating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.