Emmah1979

EB-1 visa

19 posts in this topic

We had employer-funded legal support and were, honestly, pretty disconnected from the green card process as the heavy lift on Information and document preparation was already done for the O1, except for some new/updated recommendations. Sorry not to be more helpful, but I did want to respond as O1/EB1 are such a small group on VJ. 

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, US-UK said:

We had employer-funded legal support and were, honestly, pretty disconnected from the green card process as the heavy lift on Information and document preparation was already done for the O1, except for some new/updated recommendations. Sorry not to be more helpful, but I did want to respond as O1/EB1 are such a small group on VJ. 

Were you successful? I'm going from o1a to niw, given how stringent the criteria fro eb1 are

My partner came to the US on 01 (which took 4 months from him starting to collect paperwork to arrival in US), with company funded legal support and expedite. I recall we were advised to wait 6 months after arrival before adjusting status but then delayed it further for personal/business reasons. We are, thankfully, a few years into our careers and my partner is in a field that lends itself to the publications and awards they are looking for, and doesn’t have any US specific training or licensing requirements, so he covered the EB1 criteria fairly comfortably.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

We were consulting with a lawyer (without company sponsorship) between filing an EB-1 or EB-2 NIW. Our lawyer suggested EB-2 NIW. Reason being that it is easier to get through than EB-1. My husband has a PhD (from a US University) and won some prizes but his amount of publications was not impressive (<15). The lawyer said we could go for it but it is a safer bet for EB-2 NIW. We took 3-5 months to prepare all the documents with the help of the lawyer and got all references. Started in late Oct 2018 and filed I-140 on Feb 2019. I-140 was approved in Sept 2019 and we proceed to file I-485 in Oct 2019. We just got our I-485 approved. No RFE and no interview for us. 

There are some lawyers who give you free consultations to tell you what they prefer. No obligation at all. We spoke to 2 before we decided on EB-2 NIW and who to use. I suggest you contact them for some ideas. If you need contact/recommendations, let me know. Our lawyer package for I-140 was "Approved or refund".

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, IJJ said:

We were consulting with a lawyer (without company sponsorship) between filing an EB-1 or EB-2 NIW. Our lawyer suggested EB-2 NIW. Reason being that it is easier to get through than EB-1. My husband has a PhD (from a US University) and won some prizes but his amount of publications was not impressive (<15). The lawyer said we could go for it but it is a safer bet for EB-2 NIW. We took 3-5 months to prepare all the documents with the help of the lawyer and got all references. Started in late Oct 2018 and filed I-140 on Feb 2019. I-140 was approved in Sept 2019 and we proceed to file I-485 in Oct 2019. We just got our I-485 approved. No RFE and no interview for us. 

There are some lawyers who give you free consultations to tell you what they prefer. No obligation at all. We spoke to 2 before we decided on EB-2 NIW and who to use. I suggest you contact them for some ideas. If you need contact/recommendations, let me know. Our lawyer package for I-140 was "Approved or refund".

Sounds great! I applied concurrently in February but everything is backlogged

On 5/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, Emmah1979 said:

Evening everyone 

I hope I’m posting in the correct area? I am new to this EB1 visa and I would like to know if anyone has filed by them selves? Just trying to keep the costs down. 

any tips or help regarding filling in the I-140 

many thanks

emma 

you dont need a law firm. you can file it yourselves by spending time reading through instructions and supporting documents. If you arent sure Eb1 qualifies, you can file in EB2- NIW 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.