Danova

Three Year Tax Return: Too Many Pages larger than 2mb

18 posts in this topic

I just got 2017, 2018 and 2019 tax return from both my sponsor(dad) and my co-sponsor. But each year tax return has many pages and it’s more  than 2mb in size. 

Question 1. Am I going to upload each year tax return separately, or I’m going to combine the three years tax return in one pdf file ? 

Question 2. Each year tax return has so many pages in it, some has 56 pages and some lesser, in some I saw w2 spreadsheet and w2 summary. Am I to remove some of the pages or I will just upload it just like that? 

Edited by Danova

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had the same issue and decided to remove most of the pages. You just need the summary/signed pages - just make sure the AGI is shown. I put all of mine into one pdf. They don't need all the itemization stuff. If prepared by a CPA, he/she will know what to give you.

This is why tax transcripts are preferred.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

5 hours ago, WandY said:

I had the same issue and decided to remove most of the pages. You just need the summary/signed pages - just make sure the AGI is shown. I put all of mine into one pdf. They don't need all the itemization stuff. If prepared by a CPA, he/she will know what to give you.

5 hours ago, WandY said:

You just need the summary/signed pages - just make sure the AGI is shown.

Please how can I go about this? And yes it was filed by someone, I guess that’s what you mean by CPA right? 

33 minutes ago, Danova said:

It’s really hard to get the transcript now, because of the pandemic. Most people tried to get it online, no luck. 

It’s hard to get now 

How would the pandemic affect an online process? I don’t understand that, I can understand it would be hard to get them mailed if IRS offices aren’t staffed. It took me maybe 5 minutes to go through the online process when I did mine (pre pandemic but again I don’t understand how the pandemic would affect you entering information online and then downloading the transcripts?)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Danova said:

Please how can I go about this? And yes it was filed by someone, I guess that’s what you mean by CPA right? 

Have you asked the tax preparer if they can get you the transcript ? I know our CPA seemed to have access to it through a different channel than the public channel 

1 hour ago, Danova said:

It’s really hard to get the transcript now, because of the pandemic. Most people tried to get it online, no luck. 

It’s hard to get now 

Just got one tuesday.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

How would the pandemic affect an online process? I don’t understand that, I can understand it would be hard to get them mailed if IRS offices aren’t staffed. It took me maybe 5 minutes to go through the online process when I did mine (pre pandemic but again I don’t understand how the pandemic would affect you entering information online and then downloading the transcripts?)

I just tested the IRS on line system, no problem getting my transcript. 11/12/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The problem a lot of people have with the IRS online verification system is that it uses your credit history to ask you questions to verify your identity. If you have been in the US a while, say over 2 years and have credit cards, loans, a car payment, or mortgage, it usually isn't too bad ( Granted it asked me what type of car I had a loan on back in 1991 as a question, had to think about that one) but if you don't have a established credit history you will not be able to self-verify in the system. I think that is why so many new immigrants have issues. If they filed with their spouse, usually not an issue as their spouse has plenty of verification options, and once you create an account, your good, I have never had a problem logging in and getting what I need. That is the main problem I believe people face.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

20 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It was filed by a preparer, and anytime he tried to login or obtain the transcript, it always come out with an error of no match or something. So was thinking probably because the irs office has close. I don’t know still trying to look for a way to get it 

20 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Have you asked the tax preparer if they can get you the transcript ? I know our CPA seemed to have access to it through a different channel than the public channel 

We’ve not, i will ask him to do that right away, 

20 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just got one tuesday.

Oh really, how do we go about it? we don’t have a username or login details, we just tried to input card. 

4 hours ago, Loren Y said:

The problem a lot of people have with the IRS online verification system is that it uses your credit history to ask you questions to verify your identity. If you have been in the US a while, say over 2 years and have credit cards, loans, a car payment, or mortgage, it usually isn't too bad ( Granted it asked me what type of car I had a loan on back in 1991 as a question, had to think about that one) but if you don't have a established credit history you will not be able to self-verify in the system. I think that is why so many new immigrants have issues. If they filed with their spouse, usually not an issue as their spouse has plenty of verification options, and once you create an account, your good, I have never had a problem logging in and getting what I need. That is the main problem I believe people face.

Do we need to create account first on the site or what ? 

3 minutes ago, Danova said:

Oh really, how do we go about it? we don’t have a username or login details, we just tried to input card. 

Do we need to create account first on the site or what ? 

Yes, you need to go through a verification process.  
It’s on the website

To register and use this service, you need:

• your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
  • access to your email account,
  • your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
  • a mobile phone with your name on the account.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.