thongho2910

Virtual Ceremony is now coming?

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Davadell said:

It's easy to play devil's advocate when you have been approved.....right???

Huh? I legitimately don't even get what point you are trying to make. My remark was not even in support of or against anything relating to my own case or any particular member's case.

Edit: Also, i do not have a conceal carry permit. So I was not "approved" for anything there, I'm guessing?

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

New update from Uscis:

• In certain limited situations, USCIS may be able to perform small naturalization ceremonies for limited numbers of applicants, when it is feasible and all appropriate precautions can be taken.
  • Applicants who are requesting a name change must wait for a judicial ceremony.

55 minutes ago, Hamido said:

New update from Uscis:

• In certain limited situations, USCIS may be able to perform small naturalization ceremonies for limited numbers of applicants, when it is feasible and all appropriate precautions can be taken.
  • Applicants who are requesting a name change must wait for a judicial ceremony.

Can you please share the source???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I see this as good news, at least they are considering alternatives.  Also as they specifically differentiate judicial ceremonies, that suggests the small ceremonies may be less formal and so more flexible.

I don’t want to sound negative, but this update of USCIS is dated back to March 18th...And yet there is no progress on their arrangements. I have a family member waiting for oath too..Seems like USCIS is absolutely in no hurry for Oath ceremonies...

20 hours ago, Hamido said:

New update from Uscis:

1 hour ago, Yajhsar said:

I don’t want to sound negative, but this update of USCIS is dated back to March 18th...And yet there is no progress on their arrangements. I have a family member waiting for oath too..Seems like USCIS is absolutely in no hurry for Oath ceremonies...

No this new update from 2 days ago, 

1 hour ago, Yajhsar said:

true USCIS is in absolutely no hurry to do anything. The deadline for the USCIS to respond to the Senators' letter was last Friday

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/c/e/ce055f79-ee32-4f1e-b8cc-45bae739650b/1EEFC3BA853B2B707B6F37F0199FDEE7.427finaluscis.pdf

It would be interesting to see the USCIS response as it will shed more light on how they are going to deal with naturalization applications in the next few months. If there is no pressure from Senate or Congress I assure you USCIS will not do anything at least until 2021. This coronavirus situation is going to take longer than most people think it take.

There's more to it than just being a hurry or not. USCIS moves like molasses. They have to put into place policies that go through review processes. They have to go through trainings. It's a long drawn out thing. So I would not expect to hear anything meaningful until they make a decision to do it or not, or actually implement it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

11 minutes ago, H&T said:

Virtual ceremony will never happen because USCIS will need to spend extra money for IT to implement it. Smaller ceremony is the way to go.

Then that will take forever because the normal ceremony has between 1000-5000 people in my state if they decide to implement a smaller ceremony with gathering restrictions of 10 people only, I guess it will take between 5 to 7 years, the virtual ceremony is the solution.

4 minutes ago, Hamido said:

Then that will take forever because the normal ceremony has between 1000-5000 people in my state if they decide to implement a smaller ceremony with gathering restrictions of 10 people only, I guess it will take between 5 to 7 years, the virtual ceremony is the solution.

I'm waiting for my oath to be be scheduled in Minnesota as well. Thing is, all oath ceremonies have to be administered by a federal judge in Minnesota and so I imagine the ensuing backlog of thousands people waiting on the Minnesota district court to conduct the oaths would be insane. Maybe USCIS can try asking the Minnesota District court to grant them permission to administer the oaths for those applicants who aren't changing their names and they can try and conduct small administrative ceremonies of about 20 people a day and chip away at the backlog that way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.