38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Danova said:

Please what documents did you submit for the AOS? I’ve a co-sponsor as well, what should they submit ? Apart from tax returns 

We submitted i864 and tax transcripts for the AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 hours ago, David G said:

Maybe depends on each case. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Our the category of the visa.  

we got DQ on April 21... and we submitted all documents and IV application on April 16. 

According to NVC (I spoke with them yesterday) they told me that they review documents in oder they receive them and it is impossible for anyone to jump ahead of others. According to testimonials on Visa Journey NVC is lying. 

Very very frustrating to see ppl get DQ in very short period of time way ahead of you. (I'm not knocking anyone that got DQ fast. I am very happy for you, but very mad and frustrated at NVC for not processing fairly) 

31 minutes ago, HKS said:

According to NVC (I spoke with them yesterday) they told me that they review documents in oder they receive them and it is impossible for anyone to jump ahead of others. According to testimonials on Visa Journey NVC is lying. 

Very very frustrating to see ppl get DQ in very short period of time way ahead of you. (I'm not knocking anyone that got DQ fast. I am very happy for you, but very mad and frustrated at NVC for not processing fairly) 

They will never tell you if something is not according what the manual says.

We saw cases getting approved in USCIS and they were filed after ours. We waited over a year to receive our NOA2, and in the beginning they, even lawyers told us that it would take 6 to 8 months. It was 12 months. 

I’m sorry that you feel frustrated...  But processing times with this agencies are very vague. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Danova said:

That’s all no other documents? 

And what about who don’t have tax transcripts like retirees or self employed will they have to submit statements of account?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
12 hours ago, David G said:

They will never tell you if something is not according what the manual says.

We saw cases getting approved in USCIS and they were filed after ours. We waited over a year to receive our NOA2, and in the beginning they, even lawyers told us that it would take 6 to 8 months. It was 12 months. 

I’m sorry that you feel frustrated...  But processing times with this agencies are very vague. 

Yeah, I talked to my lawyer about it and even they say that ppl lie about getting through each step faster than others. Why would they? To watch others complain and be hurt by it? Idk

And yes my lawyer in the beginning told me it would take 6 to 8 months as well. I reminded them of this and they denied ever saying that of course. 

The lawyers say the same as the government.... It's all in order of receipt. 

I see some people, And they have posted their documents on forums, that get through the entire process in 4 months and I'm at 1 year and 3 months. No end in sight, especially with all the embassies closed due to Corona and no interviews taking place. Then when they reopen how long is it going to take to get through the back log? 

I'm getting so frustrated with others jumping way ahead of my case that it's becoming unbearable. My husband is in an extremely dangerous area, his life is in danger and USgovt says it isn't a reason to expedite. 

And I can't help think that would if in the end they deny him a VISA. 

Does anyone have any idea if certain countries are taking longer? Are certain countries being scrutinized more than others? I guess no one can prove that either. 

The land formed by immigrants is denying immigrants and making it harder to immigrate. Sad. Very sad. 

Timeline
On 5/5/2020 at 11:47 PM, Danova said:

Please what documents did you submit for the AOS? I’ve a co-sponsor as well, what should they submit ? Apart from tax returns 

I used a co-sponsor as well. For co-sponsor, we submitted his AOS, passport photo page (for proof of status), poof of domicile/evidence of residence in US (we used his driver's license for that) and tax return. It's advisable to submit a Tax Transcript instead of tax return cos we got an Rfe to submit his W2 as well. 

If tax transcripts is not available, then submit tax return and W2 at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Enie said:

I used a co-sponsor as well. For co-sponsor, we submitted his AOS, passport photo page (for proof of status), poof of domicile/evidence of residence in US (we used his driver's license for that) and tax return. It's advisable to submit a Tax Transcript instead of tax return cos we got an Rfe to submit his W2 as well. 

If tax transcripts is not available, then submit tax return and W2 at the same time. 

Thank you so much for the full details. What is w2? Though he left his formal job for the current new job, he has not been paid yet, so please elaborate on it. And how can he go about the w2? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Danova said:

Thank you so much for the full details. What is w2? Though he left his formal job for the current new job, he has not been paid yet, so please elaborate on it. And how can he go about the w2? 

From what I understand, W2 is being issued by the place of work for Tax filing. You can't file Tax without it. Since he has his tax return, your co-sponsor will definitely have the W2. Ask the person about it, he will understand. Tell him it's compulsory you upload it with the tax return. Better still, if he can request for tax transcript asap, he should. 

7 hours ago, Enie said:

From what I understand, W2 is being issued by the place of work for Tax filing. You can't file Tax without it. Since he has his tax return, your co-sponsor will definitely have the W2. Ask the person about it, he will understand. Tell him it's compulsory you upload it with the tax return. Better still, if he can request for tax transcript asap, he should. 

Ok thanks again. In some of the tax return pages, I saw w2 summary and w2 spreadsheet, does it mean they added it inside the tax returns? Or what I saw is different from the main w2? Getting tax transcript is kinda hard now 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Danova said:

Ok thanks again. In some of the tax return pages, I saw w2 summary and w2 spreadsheet, does it mean they added it inside the tax returns? Or what I saw is different from the main w2? Getting tax transcript is kinda hard now 

Yes, tax return and W2 forms are totally different. That's why there are separate 'boxes' for uploading both. You can Google W2 to have an idea of how it looks like. 

Yes I heard getting tax transcript is hard now. Just trying to make sure you don't get Rfe like I did cos it causes delay in approving. But make sure you upload both forms (tax return and W2) simultaneously. 

A tax return INCLUDES a w2 for non-contract employees. For some odd reason the NVC has you upload them separately. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

54 minutes ago, Enie said:

Yes, tax return and W2 forms are totally different. That's why there are separate 'boxes' for uploading both. You can Google W2 to have an idea of how it looks like. 

Yes I heard getting tax transcript is hard now. Just trying to make sure you don't get Rfe like I did cos it causes delay in approving. But make sure you upload both forms (tax return and W2) simultaneously. 

Ok can he use the w2 of previous job? Cause he just got a new job about a week ago. And the new job is what he stated in AOS form 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.