PollyC

I-751 May 2020 Filers

794 posts in this topic

Sent the package on Monday and it was delivered this morning. Here we go again!

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

16 minutes ago, Stark44 said:

Has anyone who filed in May received the paper NOA? I was reading the April 2020 filers thread and it seems that quite a few who filed at the end of April have not received this either.

Hi, something it’s happening 😟 they received my package on 5/5 I got text msg on 5/8 it’s now 10 days since they receive my package and no NOA just check what’s coming on my mail today and nothing... if the april filers didn’t receive maybe is a delay on NOAs

1 minute ago, Orlandofl1 said:

Hi, something it’s happening 😟 they received my package on 5/5 I got text msg on 5/8 it’s now 10 days since they receive my package and no NOA just check what’s coming on my mail today and nothing... if the april filers didn’t receive maybe is a delay on NOAs

Hopefully they fix it , we will need that NOA soon 

10 minutes ago, Nico Botero said:

Hopefully they fix it , we will need that NOA soon 

Hopefully, I think they already know  this . I didn’t email at lockbox yet. I read that they are taken fingerprints for the past hopefully this process isn’t taken too long 🤞🏻

Edited by Orlandofl1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Stark44 said:

Has anyone who filed in May received the paper NOA? I was reading the April 2020 filers thread and it seems that quite a few who filed at the end of April have not received this either.

Nope, haven't received NOA yet.

Just patiently waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone here,

I am in the process of gathering docs and shooting to mail my package before June 1st. We used an attorney in the past but won't be using this time because of the cost.

I have few questions, to those who have already filed there I-751:

1. Did you have to print and send all pages for the tax return ? Mine is joint with my USC husband and 2018 tax return is about 102 pages and the 2017 was about 80 pages but the 2019 is only 6 pages. I am not sure if I just have to submit the 1040 form for 2017 and 2018.

2. Also On the check, does it have to be the total fee or it would be two different checks ( 1 for $595 and another one for $85 ?)

Also about me, my husband already owned the house many years ago before we go married, so my name is not on it. As well as the utility bills (water, electric and cable ) we did not change it, the only bill where you can see my name as a user is our Phone bill - but I am not the account holder there. Also we do not have properties together - My credit was pretty new so when we got our family vehicle it was only loaned through his name. Also we have different health insurance through our different employers as well. 

What I have are the following.

1. Joint Tax return since we got married 2017-2019---  Although I am not sure if I have to print everything. SO far what I have is the 1040

2. Bank statements from 2018- Present, Credit union statements since January 2020

3. Birth certificate and baptismal certificate of our daughter

4. Screen shot of my Company profile stating He is my emergency contact.

5. Statement of Benefits showing beneficiary names for Life insurance and 401k- both him and myself.

6. AAA Membership, Gym Membership Contracts, Theme Parks Passes

7. Church Annual statement of Donation addressed to me and Him.

8. Vehicle Insurance from 2018- Present

9. Pictures of Cruise cards, Trips booked, flight reservations etc.

10. Wedding certificate - Do I need to submit Original or just a copy ?

11. Some Junk Mails addressed to either one showing same address - 3 each.

We are also expecting Affidavit from 2 relatives of him and 2 friends by end of next week.

What else do I need to add ?

Appreciate your help.

Filer from Orlando,FL

1 hour ago, cami2020 said:

Hello Everyone here,

I am in the process of gathering docs and shooting to mail my package before June 1st. We used an attorney in the past but won't be using this time because of the cost.

I have few questions, to those who have already filed there I-751:

1. Did you have to print and send all pages for the tax return ? Mine is joint with my USC husband and 2018 tax return is about 102 pages and the 2017 was about 80 pages but the 2019 is only 6 pages. I am not sure if I just have to submit the 1040 form for 2017 and 2018.

2. Also On the check, does it have to be the total fee or it would be two different checks ( 1 for $595 and another one for $85 ?)

Also about me, my husband already owned the house many years ago before we go married, so my name is not on it. As well as the utility bills (water, electric and cable ) we did not change it, the only bill where you can see my name as a user is our Phone bill - but I am not the account holder there. Also we do not have properties together - My credit was pretty new so when we got our family vehicle it was only loaned through his name. Also we have different health insurance through our different employers as well. 

What I have are the following.

1. Joint Tax return since we got married 2017-2019---  Although I am not sure if I have to print everything. SO far what I have is the 1040

2. Bank statements from 2018- Present, Credit union statements since January 2020

3. Birth certificate and baptismal certificate of our daughter

4. Screen shot of my Company profile stating He is my emergency contact.

5. Statement of Benefits showing beneficiary names for Life insurance and 401k- both him and myself.

6. AAA Membership, Gym Membership Contracts, Theme Parks Passes

7. Church Annual statement of Donation addressed to me and Him.

8. Vehicle Insurance from 2018- Present

9. Pictures of Cruise cards, Trips booked, flight reservations etc.

10. Wedding certificate - Do I need to submit Original or just a copy ?

11. Some Junk Mails addressed to either one showing same address - 3 each.

We are also expecting Affidavit from 2 relatives of him and 2 friends by end of next week.

What else do I need to add ?

Appreciate your help.

Filer from Orlando,FL

Hi, you will fine without attorney

1. You can request IRS trancrypt tax return by phone or on their website just need open an account and you can plenty print out from your computer. Remember Uscis only want one side copies.. if IRS send to you transcripts double side page you should take a copy one single side..  transcripts usually are just a few pages not too much of tax return. If you request by phone take a week get in your mail... the only question they ask is the reason what your need and you said immigration proposes it’s pretty simple request it.

2. One check is fine payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security total $680 on said memo write I-751 application and Biometric fee don’t forget sign the check and put the correct date on it.

3. Birth certificate of child is a strong evidence. (Only copy they not accept original) You can add copy of marriage certificate. Don’t forget copy of your conditional residence card (front and back).

Well you did a mistake not include your name on at least one bill it doesn’t matter if the house was under your husband name.. now you can do it’s go ahead with other strongs evidence.. put phone statements during your marriage.. if is the only bill that you have you can show that you live there since the beginning... 

Financial: put every single statement month by mont, during your marriage 

Transcript Tax return, any receipt under both name if you bought any electrodomestic or something.. 

Costco  or Sam’s membership 

You need include any letter or bill under your name with your address for proof that you guys live together like:

Copy of driver license with the same address..

Put at least water or power bill under your husband name..

Strong affidavit from his family and your family, friends and neighbors if is posible.. but you need put at least 4... for the reason that you don’t have lease or warranty deed of the house.

Any insurances auto, life, homeowners, copy of that.

Any tickets under yours names like Disney parks, airlines tickets, movies tickets, hotel reservations, restaurant reservation, sunpass screenshot showing address and plate of your vehicle etc..

put social media screenshots showing date of the publication.. like birthdays wishes, anniversary.

If you have text msgs, emails put any screenshots 

A lot pictures together with your child and with the family and friends.

Church and other statements helps too.

Put a strong cover letter using exhibits on the bottom of your package.

Good luck 

Edited by Orlandofl1

Hi everybody,

I have a question, help. I tried to get Tax Return Transcript from the IRS online but I don't have enough information for them to verify my identity and the other way of getting them was by mail but in their website it says they "stopped processing transcript requests by mail until further notice". What should I do? I have copies of all the W-2's and the Tax Return files from Turbo Tax (we filed our taxes online). Should that be enough? I tried re reading the instructions but I'm a little worn out from all the paperwork 😕 This is an excerpt from the instructions. Thank you for your help!

''Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years. You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable. Do not submit copies of your state income tax returns. Do not submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreign government unless you claim that you were not required to file a Federal individual income tax return with the United States Government and you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establish the amount of your income that is not subject to tax in the United States. If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.''

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, Orlandofl1 said:
  16 hours ago, Stark44 said:

Nope.  Sent everything to Dallas 5/2.  Accepted 5/5 and assigned to MSC.  Check cashed 5/11.  Waiting for extension letter.  

8 hours ago, itscarly said:

Hi everybody,

I have a question, help. I tried to get Tax Return Transcript from the IRS online but I don't have enough information for them to verify my identity and the other way of getting them was by mail but in their website it says they "stopped processing transcript requests by mail until further notice". What should I do? I have copies of all the W-2's and the Tax Return files from Turbo Tax (we filed our taxes online). Should that be enough? I tried re reading the instructions but I'm a little worn out from all the paperwork 😕 This is an excerpt from the instructions. Thank you for your help!

''Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years. You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable. Do not submit copies of your state income tax returns. Do not submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreign government unless you claim that you were not required to file a Federal individual income tax return with the United States Government and you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establish the amount of your income that is not subject to tax in the United States. If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.''

Hi, Same happened to.. and told my husband to open an account because he had more info eith IRS and that worked for me.. because we did joint tax return so he printed all transcripts tax return for the past 4 years 😃

just try open an account with your spouse information they have more information for the Us spouse.. if you did joint tax return tell your spouse to do that 🤞🏻

Edited by Orlandofl1

9 hours ago, Orlandofl1 said:

Hi, Same happened to.. and told my husband to open an account because he had more info eith IRS and that worked for me.. because we did joint tax return so he printed all transcripts tax return for the past 4 years 😃

just try open an account with your spouse information they have more information for the Us spouse.. if you did joint tax return tell your spouse to do that 🤞🏻

Sadly it didn't work either. He doesn't have enough information to verify his identity. I don't know what to do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.