Greenbaum

MAY 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

174 posts in this topic

Just now, Spencer_Kyle said:

CONGRATS, how did you get approved so fast ?? Did you do an expedited request or ? 

No.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

There's a couple of things that I think MAY have worked in my favor...or maybe not... but this was my guess at a possibility.

1. I have a semi recent history with USCIS.  I've had 3 previously approved visas, never overstayed, always payed my taxes, lived and worked in the USA for nearly 5 years... So I've been through the EAD process and the visa process before... so I'm already on 'the system'...so things might have been easy for the officer looking at our case

2. We filed a very complete and well presented application.  I made sure we supplied as much clear information as we could.  She and I have both been previously married, so both divorce certificates, she has kids, so photos of me with her girls on my own (showing trust with her daughters), we had been setting ourselves up to have joint items already... bank accounts, credit card, address, power bill (I have a SSN already so it was very easy to set this up) and this will save me having to do it all later when I get there anyway...  We made sure to present it cleanly, and with 

3. I am Australian.... not to be a jerk or any of that - and this is NOT pointed at any particular individual or country, but Australia and America have a good relationship, it's a low fraud country, and a non conflict country.

4. We were lucky!

It COULD be so many things.... but this is all speculation I guess.  I just hope that the next step is just as quick!!

7 hours ago, Entheos said:

No.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

There's a couple of things that I think MAY have worked in my favor...or maybe not... but this was my guess at a possibility.

1. I have a semi recent history with USCIS.  I've had 3 previously approved visas, never overstayed, always payed my taxes, lived and worked in the USA for nearly 5 years... So I've been through the EAD process and the visa process before... so I'm already on 'the system'...so things might have been easy for the officer looking at our case

2. We filed a very complete and well presented application.  I made sure we supplied as much clear information as we could.  She and I have both been previously married, so both divorce certificates, she has kids, so photos of me with her girls on my own (showing trust with her daughters), we had been setting ourselves up to have joint items already... bank accounts, credit card, address, power bill (I have a SSN already so it was very easy to set this up) and this will save me having to do it all later when I get there anyway...  We made sure to present it cleanly, and with 

3. I am Australian.... not to be a jerk or any of that - and this is NOT pointed at any particular individual or country, but Australia and America have a good relationship, it's a low fraud country, and a non conflict country.

4. We were lucky!

It COULD be so many things.... but this is all speculation I guess.  I just hope that the next step is just as quick!!

Yeah that’s very true, having already been there and living an Visas in the past would make it easier too for getting accepted faster, as you said you’re already in the system. 

we had a very clear case presented as well, I am Australian too so that’s a good favour on my end like you said it’s a very no conflict country .

i think mine could be delayed because I was in the army so maybe it’s more of a background check ? Plus his in the military over in the USA so fingers crossed our expedite gets approved. We submitted ours in December 2019. 

Yes let’s hope your next step does go fast. Did they send a list of everything you need for the NOA2 ? As I have tried to google seeing what documents both my partner and myself need, so that we are ready . 

Many have requested "what's next" list of items to do and in what order.
•    Begin calling NVC after five weeks from N0A2 approval (2)
•    Once you have your case number, you can complete the DS-160 (14 & 15)
•    Contact Greenbaum to see if he has a copy of your Embassy's P3
•    Some of you can pay for your interview and schedule, BUT you must be sure that your Embassy allows this. Some do, and some don't.
•    Check your case on CEAC (8)
•    Check the shipping scheduling for your case file to be shipped. (9)
•    Use the DHL hack to watch your case heading to your Embassy (9)
•    Once your case arrives at the Embassy, and your case is set to the "ready" condition, you can schedule your medical and interview.
•    It's time to move over to your country/regional forum here on VJ to ask more specific questions concerning the steps needed to take once your case is at the Embassy. (17)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Many have requested "what's next" list of items to do and in what order.
•    Begin calling NVC after five weeks from N0A2 approval (2)
•    Once you have your case number, you can complete the DS-160 (14 & 15)
•    Contact Greenbaum to see if he has a copy of your Embassy's P3
•    Some of you can pay for your interview and schedule, BUT you must be sure that your Embassy allows this. Some do, and some don't.
•    Check your case on CEAC (8)
•    Check the shipping scheduling for your case file to be shipped. (9)
•    Use the DHL hack to watch your case heading to your Embassy (9)
•    Once your case arrives at the Embassy, and your case is set to the "ready" condition, you can schedule your medical and interview.
•    It's time to move over to your country/regional forum here on VJ to ask more specific questions concerning the steps needed to take once your case is at the Embassy. (17)

Please can I have the link for Nigeria forum?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I called the NVC and we've finally gotten our case number. Now I can start filling out the DS-160 form, correct? And somewhere in this forum it says to contact @Greenbaum for a copy of our Embassy's P3 packet? Ours is London, England. This is such a process haha. Thank you all for your replies and help so far.

12 hours ago, Fumero said:

Please can I have the link for Nigeria forum?

Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Britbrit said:

So I called the NVC and we've finally gotten our case number. Now I can start filling out the DS-160 form, correct? And somewhere in this forum it says to contact @Greenbaum for a copy of our Embassy's P3 packet? Ours is London, England. This is such a process haha. Thank you all for your replies and help so far.

I cover that in the PDF file from the first page first posting of this thread. Everything you need at this stage is listed along with the answer to your question.

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

London sub-forum on VJ

There are experts over in the sub-forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  This is where others from your country who are processing or those who have completed their interview and they can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

A fellow VJ'r who just completed their visa interview

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/690372-my-whole-k1-experience/

Medical prices including vaccination pricing

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

Medical questionnaire

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/05/USA-MEDICAL-QUESTIONNAIRE_IV.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located. 

Thanks. You’ve been so helpful

11 minutes ago, Daniiela11 said:

I belong here now🥳

NOA2: 05/15/2020

Welcome to the club. Be sure to tip the wait and bar staff. Go to the first page of this thread and download the PDF file in the first post. It has tips, tricks, and hacks to help you along the way and will answer most of your questions, so you don't have repeat the same question that others ask at this stage. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Called the NVC today.  They confirmed to me that the case was received 5/25 - which is somewhat surprising because it was Memorial Day....but I digress.  Approx 3.5 weeks from NOA2 to NVC receive.  Previous calls they were unable to locate the receipt number so that was good to hear him say, yep, we've got it... but if you could give us some more time we will be able to provide the information to you once it's processed.... I mentioned I'l probably call back next week then.  He said that would probably be good.

So I guess I can now 'email NVC' and update the email addresses yes?

Good to know that things ARE definitely still moving.  Next tick off the list.

7 hours ago, Entheos said:

Called the NVC today.  They confirmed to me that the case was received 5/25 - which is somewhat surprising because it was Memorial Day....but I digress.  Approx 3.5 weeks from NOA2 to NVC receive.  Previous calls they were unable to locate the receipt number so that was good to hear him say, yep, we've got it... but if you could give us some more time we will be able to provide the information to you once it's processed.... I mentioned I'l probably call back next week then.  He said that would probably be good.

So I guess I can now 'email NVC' and update the email addresses yes?

Good to know that things ARE definitely still moving.  Next tick off the list.

"So I guess I can now 'email NVC' and update the email addresses yes?" Yes, according to the PDF that would be your next item on your checklist as well as completing the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

"So I guess I can now 'email NVC' and update the email addresses yes?" Yes, according to the PDF that would be your next item on your checklist as well as completing the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Called back today on a chance at 11:50pm their time... the guy I spoke to was GREAT!!  Got my case and invoice number.... NOW I can fill out forms and pay the fees.  They of course game me the same answer they have given most that they won't be shipping out till the embassies are 'open for business'... He did say that if I contacted the Embassy/Consulate, they MAY be able to request the case to be forwarded to them but otherwise it will wait till they are 'open'.  I've started the DS-160 but it's going to take me a little while to get ALL my US visits into the form.... I have QUITE a few dating back over the last 20+ years.... one would assume they are probably not after EVERY visit.... but I'll at least provide all my KNOWN dates back to 2013 when I arrived there on an E3 Visa.

UGH.... Went through and did the DS-160 form, and paid the fees on ustraveldocs - all done... when I paid the fees for the visa I double checked everything and all was ok, evidently either I missed something or the system had an issue, but my passport where there should be a 0 has a 9.  This is ONLY on the US Travel Docs site, and on the confirmation page so I'm HOPING that will be an easy 'update' on their system as I certainly had a look and the passport number cannot be changed... I would hope that as long as it's right everywhere else, and the fee is paid, all will be ok.

I've hit the 'provide feedback' button and also emailed the Australian support email address so hope that I'll hear back in the first few days of next week.

Here's to hoping I can get them to request the paperwork out of the NVC and onto the DHL shipping and get myself an appointment... we will see!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.