Greenbaum

MAY 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

149 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well and everything is still in proper order. My fiance and I are still in the processing time waiting on our NOA2, currently 78 days. I have questions concerning the K2-Visa "Follow to Join" option that allows the child/children of the fiance to arrive in the US at a later date. Is there a forum out there related to this topic that is more popular than the rest? If the one year grace period in which the child/children can arrive passes is the next option available only the I-130 form? To be more clear I am familiar with the age stipulations related to the option mentioned above. The child in question is currently six years old, but the real concern is the processing time related to the I-130 form if acted upon. Thanks for the support and good luck out there.       

5 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well and everything is still in proper order. My fiance and I are still in the processing time waiting on our NOA2, currently 78 days. I have questions concerning the K2-Visa "Follow to Join" option that allows the child/children of the fiance to arrive in the US at a later date. Is there a forum out there related to this topic that is more popular than the rest? If the one year grace period in which the child/children can arrive passes is the next option available only the I-130 form? To be more clear I am familiar with the age stipulations related to the option mentioned above. The child in question is currently six years old, but the real concern is the processing time related to the I-130 form if acted upon. Thanks for the support and good luck out there.       

Q1 - You could ask your question in the Visa and Process and Procedure thread. Here is the link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Q2 - Yes, your next option is the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. The I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for a child is about the same as a K-1. You're at the mercy of USCIS, USEM and NVC.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of the conversation. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will better prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Check in with @Hank_ who is up to speed on the ins and outs of USEM.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Greenbaum,

I will check into the links you provided and keep researching more, thank you. I do want to mention that my fiance is Filipino, however she works and resides in the country of Kuwait. We are hoping that she will have her interview at the US Embassy of Kuwait and not in Manila. I have heard that the NVC may still send her paperwork to Manila, but we did request in the I-129F petition for the interview to take place in Kuwait. Thanks again for all your help. 

Edited by ClosingtheGap

24 minutes ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Greenbaum,

I will check into the links you provided and keep researching more, thank you. I do want to mention that my fiance is Filipino, however she works and resides in the country of Kuwait. We are hoping that she will have her interview at the US Embassy of Kuwait and not in Manila. I have heard that the NVC may still send her paperwork to Manila, but we did request in the I-129F petition for the interview to take place in Kuwait. Thanks again for all your help. 

If your beneficiary's address on the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is Kuwait and not Manila, then your case file will go to Kuwait for final interviewing. If it is Manila, then she will interview at USEM. If USEM is where the file is going and you want to send it to Kuwait, then you should contact NVC and ask it to be forwarded to Kuwait.

Also, the country flag is the flag where the embassy is that she will be interviewing at. Not her home country. We use the flag to determine the answer to your questions as each embassy is different for the interview process. Once you sort out where you will be interviewing then update your country/flag in your profile.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If your beneficiary's address on the I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is Kuwait and not Manila, then your case file will go to Kuwait for final interviewing. If it is Manila, then she will interview at USEM. If USEM is where the file is going and you want to send it to Kuwait, then you should contact NVC and ask it to be forwarded to Kuwait.

Also, the country flag is the flag where the embassy is that she will be interviewing at. Not her home country. We use the flag to determine the answer to your questions as each embassy is different for the interview process. Once you sort out where you will be interviewing then update your country/flag in your profile.

Understood, I have updated the flag for the correct Embassy.

• 1 month later...

Greetings Everybody,

Wishing you all fast responses and an abundance of patience. My fiance and I are still in the processing time waiting on our NOA2, currently 141 days. The trials of this pandemic have proven to be difficult and the job situation in Kuwait is still unknown. This is pushing us to think about whether or not she should stay in Kuwait or go back home to the Philippines. One dilemma we are facing is which Embassy would be the best choice. In Kuwait the Embassy is fifteen minutes away and is already cited as the Embassy of choice in our I-129F petition. The Embassy in Manila is a days travel plus a hotel stay for my fiance and we would have to contact the NVC to request our paperwork to be sent there in Manila. I imagine the medical exam would have to be done in Manila as well, which is more travel fees. Is that reasonably true? The possibility that her company will not return to normal operating status by the end of the year is growing more and more each week. Personally, I want to make sure that we can direct the NVC to change the designated Embassy without much delay. Additionally, I believe the Embassy in the Philippines would be a better choice as they are more accustomed to this process than say the Embassy in Kuwait. This is a major decision for us, but if she continues to not be paid and other companies are suffering all the same then she could use the time spent with her family. In closing, we are wondering if changing our Embassy for the interview, not to mention her permanent address is a good decision. I appreciate all the help in advance and look forward to the approvals ahead.           

2 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

Greetings Everybody,

Wishing you all fast responses and an abundance of patience. My fiance and I are still in the processing time waiting on our NOA2, currently 141 days. The trials of this pandemic have proven to be difficult and the job situation in Kuwait is still unknown. This is pushing us to think about whether or not she should stay in Kuwait or go back home to the Philippines. One dilemma we are facing is which Embassy would be the best choice. In Kuwait the Embassy is fifteen minutes away and is already cited as the Embassy of choice in our I-129F petition. The Embassy in Manila is a days travel plus a hotel stay for my fiance and we would have to contact the NVC to request our paperwork to be sent there in Manila. I imagine the medical exam would have to be done in Manila as well, which is more travel fees. Is that reasonably true? The possibility that her company will not return to normal operating status by the end of the year is growing more and more each week. Personally, I want to make sure that we can direct the NVC to change the designated Embassy without much delay. Additionally, I believe the Embassy in the Philippines would be a better choice as they are more accustomed to this process than say the Embassy in Kuwait. This is a major decision for us, but if she continues to not be paid and other companies are suffering all the same then she could use the time spent with her family. In closing, we are wondering if changing our Embassy for the interview, not to mention her permanent address is a good decision. I appreciate all the help in advance and look forward to the approvals ahead.           

To change embassies can cause a delay. Can't say that is true for your case as we are in different circumstances caused by the large pool of cases being delayed. When we did our visa in the PI we went on Monday to do the medical and Friday we had scheduled and completed the interview. So, only one week stay and one trip. This also, gave time for the results be completed as we had a K2 that the skin TB test takes three days to incubate. I was extremely impressed with how smooth everything ran for the visa at USEM. It is one of the easiest embassies to process through.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of the conversation. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will better prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

The resident expert there is Hank and he has a website that talks about everything that needs to be completed prior to the interview.  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html 

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello to all fellow May fillers. I've been wainting 157 days for our NOA2. Trying to be patient and lower our expectations. The embassy in Colombia is still closed due COVID so that adds a little bit more of stress to the process. Is there anything we could be doing while we wait? 

40 minutes ago, Jennrag said:

Hello to all fellow May fillers. I've been wainting 157 days for our NOA2. Trying to be patient and lower our expectations. The embassy in Colombia is still closed due COVID so that adds a little bit more of stress to the process. Is there anything we could be doing while we wait? 

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Oeg4xYRja1hqUSzF-uEaj1QiyoFnv9X/view?usp=sharing as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where  your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Very important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Jeremiahr615 said:

Has any May filers received the NAO2 yet? (Notice of action 2). 

They are adjudicating March and then onto April.  My guess about another 4 to 6 month wait till your turn. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, M & T said:

Waiting for our NOA2, I think we will get in January or February. Does anyone know if interviews in Montreal are be booked for K-1?

Yes, Canada is booking interviews. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello everyone. 

I am trying to plan what we need to do in the next few months. 

Can someone tell me if the embassy in El Salvador is taking K1 visa appointments yet?

I am reading no even though other lating american countries have US embassies operating already. 

https://sv.usembassy.gov/visas/

Thank you

3 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Hello everyone. I am trying to plan what we need to do in the next few months. Can someone tell me if the embassy in El Salvador is taking K1 visa appointments yet? I am reading no even though other Latin American countries have US embassies operating already. 

https://sv.usembassy.gov/visas/

Thank you

There are three places to check.

1. Your Embassy's website 

2. USICS visa appointment wait times U.S. Visas (state.gov) if it returns 999 then they are not processing visas

3. There is a sub-forum section for your region here on VJ where others from your area are talking about topics you would be interested in. Become a part of those conversations: Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about three-fourths of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.