Greenbaum

MAY 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Your timeline shows something different.  Have you received your NOA1 and since posting your question updated your timeline?

My bad, I think I entered that date on accident when setting up my timeline. I just fixed it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

1 minute ago, nharvey4151 said:

My bad, I think I entered that date on accident when setting up my timeline. I just fixed it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

The window for NOA1 issuance is typically 2 to 4 weeks. Just a little more patience. ^_^

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiiii! We filed our paperwork May 15th and got our NOA1 June 1st! 

I'm really hoping it only take 4-6 months to get the NOA2 but with COVID some lawyers are saying 6-8 months :( 

6 hours ago, M & T said:

Hiiii! We filed our paperwork May 15th and got our NOA1 June 1st! 

I'm really hoping it only take 4-6 months to get the NOA2 but with COVID some lawyers are saying 6-8 months :( 

Congratulations on taking the first steps in an exceedingly lengthy process. No one with any certainty can tell you when your NOA2 will be issued. They are working on December filers and just starting February. They are all over the board with their approvals. Don't count on ANYTHING to be exact.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

QUESTION/HELP! 

My American Fiance' is about to be moving to a new address how do we let USCIS know? I thought we needed to fill out I-865, Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address form but apparently that's not correct. What do I do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
52 minutes ago, M & T said:

QUESTION/HELP! 

My American Fiance' is about to be moving to a new address how do we let USCIS know? I thought we needed to fill out I-865, Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address form but apparently that's not correct. What do I do?

@M & T, here's the information provided on the site.  https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange 

Expand, "How to Change Your address"

Edited by Ama🖤Kwaku

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ama🖤Kwaku said:

@M & T, here's the information provided on the site.  https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange 

Expand, "How to Change Your address"

Hi there, 

I tried that but it doesn't make sense for US citizens. My fiance' didn't file online so we can't do it through USCIS online services and then the AR-11is for Alien residents... so I'm super confused on what form or how I got about how he should change his address. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, M & T said:

Hi there, 

I tried that but it doesn't make sense for US citizens. My fiance' didn't file online so we can't do it through USCIS online services and then the AR-11is for Alien residents... so I'm super confused on what form or how I got about how he should change his address. 

Oh okay. Maybe someone else has been through it can share. I often times ask Emma, the virtual assistant. Good luck. 

10 hours ago, M & T said:

Hi there, 

Change of address for a USC: U.S. citizens are not required to file a Form AR-11 and can make a change of address on pending cases via our Online Change of Address page or by calling 1-800-375-5283. For TTY (deaf or hard of hearing) call: 1-800-767-1833. U.S.

Change of address for a beneficiary: DS-160 and interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Hello everyone, my fiance and I filed our k1-visa petition on May 1st, 2020 and this forum has been very helpful. We are hoping she will be able to interview at the US Embassy in Kuwait(if approved), as that is where she has worked for over five years. Our backstory is an ongoing relationship for just over two years, we have met four times in person, and we got engaged in February. What a relief it is to share these uncertain times with so many other people. 

I-129F Filed: May 1st

NOA1: May 6th

NOA2: TBA   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for this! Getting the I-129f together now. Did you all include facebook and WhatsApp conversations, along with plane tickets, photos etc, with your fiance in the proof of relationship part of the packet?

Edited by AshleyM

8 hours ago, AshleyM said:

Thanks for this! Getting the I-129f together now. Did you all include facebook and WhatsApp conversations, along with plane tickets, photos etc, with your fiance in the proof of relationship part of the packet?

There isn't a need to go crazy with evidence for a bonified relationship. Keep it simple and not one hundred pages any supporting documents to the relationship is deemed overkill. It's like less is more but the less has to be the best evidence of the relationship. I sent 4 pieces of paper with four pictures per sheet of us in her hometown with family when we went out to eat, in front of historical settings which prove that the petitioner was in the beneficiary's country. I sent copies of the airline tickets, the boarding passes, passport stamps and hotel and some restaurant receipts. Add to that the intent to marry letter. Done. Less than 30 pages total.

Use the "guides" here on VJ. https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

21 hours ago, AshleyM said:

We worked on our "Evidence of In Person Meeting" and "Evidence of On-Going Relationship" using Microsoft Word and importing pictures of the required documents. Attached are some examples of the categories you mentioned above in the format that we used. Search [90 Day Fiance Visa Packet] on Youtube for a video about combining all the documents. That really helped us gather everything necessary in one place. I would like to point out that we are still waiting to be approved, so these are only suggested ideas and not exactly sound advice.

zMsgImage-1z.JPG.4e7ea342b33bb416dde2c3dbca9b29ee.JPGzMsgImage-2z.JPG.e5c062044afb5d019285223590452467.JPGzMsgImage-3z.thumb.JPG.cfd019b186f67a06fa511302fd4ee1a7.JPGzMsgImagez.thumb.JPG.b5e17b777c38c470c40f3d26939c7c65.JPG

Edited by ClosingtheGap

Additionally,

As you can see above we were able to use the Likes and Comments people made on our Status Update, which was displaying our engagement. Pictures of us and our passport stamps were easily captioned and presented clearly. The Chat Log messages have all the needed information plus they are in Messenger which links all the correspondence and Facebook Post together. Dates are provided on every sheet and we took the time to add our pictures in the different backgrounds to utilize the space. After finishing the evidence pages we had them all printed out in color on 28lb letter paper then we assembled the notebook. We did forget to sign our names to the "Passport Style Photos" lightly in pencil as described in the [I-129F Instructions], so please don't forget to do that. I do hope this helps..

Edited by ClosingtheGap

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.