Loren Y

Las Vegas weddings will be avalible starting next week. Details below.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Below are the requirements for obtaining and getting your marriage license in Las Vegas, NV. I know a lot of people were worried about getting married and getting their certificate in hand soon as possible, and it looks like we are on track to begin weddings again really soon. I am waiting for final clarification that I will be able to record the marriage, and certificates will be available right away, but from the information below, it definitely seems possible. I know I had a bunch of couples that were worried about getting their certificate in time, and it looks like that should not be an issue if you can get here. I will notify everyone who has contacted me directly also, but this is to give any couple that is running out of time a way to get married and certificate in hand the same day. As always I will do the ceremony for FREE for VJ members, and I hope this can provide some help to those on a K1 needing to file AOS as soon as they can. 

The Clark County Marriage License Bureau is reopening April 27, 2020 with special Covid-19 safety protocols:

The Clark County Marriage License Bureau will resume issuing marriage licenses beginning April 27, 2020, seven days per week from 8 a.m. to midnight PST. Couples must fill out the online marriage license application ahead of time at MLIC.Vegas to reduce time in the lobby.  The online marriage license application is good for one year.

COVID-19 safety protocols:

• Only three couples in the lobby at one time
  • No children, relatives or guests
  • Couples will stand 6-feet apart while waiting
  • Anyone with a temperature over 99.9 degrees will be turned away at the door
  • Couples must wear a facial covering/mask (homemade or purchased)
  • Counters will be sanitized between couples
  • Disposable pens will be issued to each couple
  • Only one online marriage license kiosk will be available in the lobby

Bring your patience, as safety will be the priority.

BEFORE YOU GO:

• Go to MLIC.Vegas and complete the marriage license application matching the names on your government IDs that you will be bringing with you
  • Both people must be in attendance
  • Both people must have government ID ready and available
  • Couple must have a credit or debit card available to pay for the license. No cash or checks will be accepted. The marriage license is good for one year. No refunds will be issued.

The Marriage License Bureau will also be open for marriage certificate filing, notary bond filing and Fictitious Firm Name filing. All other office locations, including our satellite branches in Henderson and Laughlin and the Office of Civil Marriages, will remain closed to the public until further notice.

For any questions please email clerkem@clarkcountynv.gov.

Lynn Marie Goya
Clark County Clerk

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I received the email back from the county, it is all available to be done for sure. I may have to pick up your copies of the certificate as I file, or I am sure 1 person of the couple can accompany me to the window and get their copies as soon as I file. I have attached part of the email below, and it looks like the ATM style certificate printer is not being used.

Loren,

The certified marriage certificate kiosk will be closed as we cannot ensure that it can be kept sanitized.  However, marriage certificates can be filed and certified copies obtained at a window in the MLB. We have created a special line for officiants for that window, only. Those officiants that need an immediate copy of the certified marriage certificate may wait at that window.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, Thank you for this information. I'm surprised not many other members made any posting thanking you. My fiancee is coming next month assuming the Philippines lift their lock down. In San Francisco Bay Area, no one can get marry until the lock down is lifted. That does not look like it's happening until July or August. Even if they do open up, there will be a mass backlog as they are only open 8:00AM to 3:30 and 2 appointments only per hour.

However, in Las Vegas, it's  8AM to Midnight, Seven Days a week??? Wow, that means I can fly in early and get marry on the same day.

Questions:

Do I need to make an appointment?

After getting the license, how do I find someone to marry us?

How soon will we be able to have the certified marriage certificate mail to us?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

Wow, Thank you for this information. I'm surprised not many other members made any posting thanking you. My fiancee is coming next month assuming the Philippines lift their lock down. In San Francisco Bay Area, no one can get marry until the lock down is lifted. That does not look like it's happening until July or August. Even if they do open up, there will be a mass backlog as they are only open 8:00AM to 3:30 and 2 appointments only per hour.

It's legal right now in CA to grant marriage licenses and do civil weddings for CA residents by videoconference. Not sure if any Bay Area counties are doing this right now, though.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

San Francisco is not doing it right now, video conference. Not sure how that would work. Still need to get a license and someone to marry us. There must be a backlog on marriages in the Bay Area. I read in the news that New York has a 4 month waiting period now due to the backlog.

I wonder how far I have to go in California to get marry. I think it is easier to go to Las Vegas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Prisonmate said:

San Francisco is not doing it right now, video conference. Not sure how that would work. Still need to get a license and someone to marry us. There must be a backlog on marriages in the Bay Area. I read in the news that New York has a 4 month waiting period now due to the backlog.

I wonder how far I have to go in California to get marry. I think it is easier to go to Las Vegas.

Come to Minnesota and I will do it 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

San Diego is, but only for San Diego county residents, so that wouldn't help you.

At least in some CA counties, some notaries can issue confidential marriage licenses (don't know if any near you are like this), and you can get married with no officiant and no witnesses with that. You'll need to poke around on county clerk/recorder web sites to see what options are available.

4 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

Considering you're in the Bay Area, it's probably worth checking if Reno would work if you have to go out of state (I have no idea, but it'd still be in Nevada so presumably the same rules at a state level, and a lot shorter drive for you).

But it's probably also worth checking the more rural counties around you.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

Thanks but I checked Sonoma County and Monterey County and on the website it says its for county resident only though the license can be use anywhere in California.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your NEw Life, from K1 P&P~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.