43 posts in this topic

TOS violations in most of these posts.

I agree John. Please guys, there are ways of expressing your disagreement without rudeness and completely ignoring the legitimate immigration questions asked.

Does anyone have any helpful information as far as the interview result possibilities or petitioning in the future?

I agree John. Please guys, there are ways of expressing your disagreement without rudeness and completely ignoring the legitimate immigration questions asked.

Does anyone have any helpful information as far as the interview result possibilities or petitioning in the future?

Can she not petition on her own, as long as she has proof that it was not a fradulent marriage? Someone please correct me if im wrong.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Can she not petition on her own, as long as she has proof that it was not a fradulent marriage? Someone please correct me if im wrong.

She can petition on her own once the divorce is final. I would also think that he can provide a great deal of assistance in obtaining a successful outcome by helping to provide bonafides of the marriage and even an affidavit explaining the reasons for the failure of the marriage.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline
if she get Divorce within 90days of filling removal of condition of green card(10yrs).she may probably have to deport from US.

she should have to get divorce to claim for abused spouce before 90 days.

Still confirm from attonrny....

This is just plain wrong! If you don't know, please don't respond!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow!! Be careful unless you had a prenup in place she could get more than you think. Especially after 10 years.

Suggestion keep your wife love and cherish her. If you truely love her you will find a way.

My wife and I will be divorcing. (...) she is unable to have children and this was a surprise to both of us. (...) Having children was my main purspose in going to Ukraine.

Did you two agree on this possible outcome of your marriage before your wedding? (Infertility is not that rare.)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many couples concieve AFTER the "pressure" of trying to concieve has passed, you hear quite often of couples that adopt a child and then SURPRIZE they are pregnant...

Stress can do crazy things to the human body.

Filed: Timeline

This debate interested me, so I defined 3 categories for myself and counted posts in each up to the point where john_and_marlene first made their observation.

I. Posts that addressed the issue without commenting on the poster - 1

II. Posts that commented on the poster without commenting on the issue - 14 (some benign, one or two quite vicious, all neutral to negative none positive)

III, Posts that commented on the issue and also on the poster - 2

I think the comment was justified even discounting the benign and neutral posts. A large majority of the posts have criticized the poster to some extent in one way or another because the posters didn't like his actions, his reasons, or him.

I'm glad to see that things have toned down a bit towards the end, but many posters are still addressing the non-immigration moral issues rather than the immigration issue that was asked about.

Yodrak

Most? I beg to differ...

A single post that does not violate the TOS is all it takes to not say ALL.

True, but use of the term "most" would indicate more than 50% (and maybe substantially more than 50%) and that is where I differ.. I do not see the word "most" as being appropriate... maybe "some" or "a few" but far from "most."

My point was made without making any personal attacks... which also detracted from the "most" term :whistle:

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
My wife and I will be divorcing. She is probably 2 months away from the interview to get her 10 year green card. Does anyone know what will happen when she shows up without me. Our marriage was legitimate, she is unable to have children and this was a surprise to both of us. We have spent over a year and a great deal of money on infertility to no success. She deserves to stay in the US without question.

Once you are divorced she can apply on her own. Sounds like she will have no issue substantiating that the marriage was not just for immigrant purposes.

Having children was my main purspose in going to Ukraine. I will probably want to go overseas again as soon as possible. I do not want to take any action that will hurt her obtaining a 10 year card, but also do not want to do anything to prejudice my being able to bring in a new lady, possibly late this year. Any feedback before I talk to an immigration attorney would be great (I have done all the paperwork myself up to now).

Most likely you will get quizzed, or a future spouse will anyway.

Probably the best route would be to make sure that she can conceve, and the children are healthy/of the right gender/DNA test whatever else your requirements are, before embarking on the immigration side.

The child(ren) can be registered as USC's with the local consulate so they will have no issue moving, you can then sponsor the spouse without any concerns of maybe having to go through this rigmarole again.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
:blink:

How can someone be so cruel to someone they have lived with for ten years?

I am certain your comment/opinion won't change but it has only been about two years.... (applying for the 10 year green card)

He wants kids, she can't. Thats why Brad and Jennifer Split......but truly, the writer seems to be looking for a breeder, but forgot to get a fertility test (didn't want to seem crass). No offense dude, I can understand the split but I think it speaks volumes (since you didn't tell the whole story). I also think you both are probably better off.

Good Luck

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife and I will be divorcing. She is probably 2 months away from the interview to get her 10 year green card. Does anyone know what will happen when she shows up without me.

She will need to have her divorce decree to be able to remove conditions on her own. If you've already filed a joint I-751 and you have an interview scheduled, she needs to go and be completely honest about the situation. You can go together too. If you have a divorce in progress, your joint I-751 won't be adjudicated, and your wife will need to reapply on her own as soon as she has a divorce decree. Since you are willing to support her application and will confirm that the marriage was bona fide, she should have no problem removing conditions.

but also do not want to do anything to prejudice my being able to bring in a new lady, possibly late this year.

There are issues with multiple K-1 petitions, I don't know what they exactly are, but I think the IMBRA regulations address that. I have no experience with that, nor do I have any interest researching the subject, so I'll just say - there are other experienced posters on this board who can help you :D

Wow!! Be careful unless you had a prenup in place she could get more than you think. Especially after 10 years.

Apllying for a 10-year green card doesn't mean they were married 10 years...

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yodrak

How can we not comment. Any one with a moral bone would. This post is what makes things so hard for the couples that really do want to be together.

If he was really nice he would wait the two months so she would get the card.

Edited by Nancy and Ramos

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
How can we not comment. Any one with a moral bone would. This post is what makes things so hard for the couples that really do want to be together.

If he was really nice he would wait the two months so she would get the card.

Totally and utterly agreed !!!

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.