16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all,

I came to the US with a k1 visa, got married and filed for the AOS on December 2019. I got my EAD/AP at the end of July 2019. I am guessing, especially considering the emergency, that my GC interview is not coming any time soon. So I was thinking about renewing EAD/AP. Is now a good moment to do it or should I wait closer to the expiration of my EAD/AP so I will get the extension?

Also, can i renew both EAD/AP? Do I have to pay any fee?

Thank you!

Stay safe and healthy!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hello all,

I came to the US with a k1 visa, got married and filed for the AOS on December 2019. I got my EAD/AP at the end of July 2019. I am guessing, especially considering the emergency, that my GC interview is not coming any time soon. So I was thinking about renewing EAD/AP. Is now a good moment to do it or should I wait closer to the expiration of my EAD/AP so I will get the extension?

Also, can i renew both EAD/AP? Do I have to pay any fee?

Thank you!

Stay safe and healthy!

Apply anytime within the application window.  No reason to wait

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Apply anytime within the application window.  No reason to wait

Thank you. Can i file both (EAD and AP) together? I saw that in the AP form there is not an option for a renewal. Do I apply like it is the first time? And no fee, right? Also, do I still have to send 2 photographs for each form?

No fee, include copy of I-485 receipt with them. 

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You don’t see renewal option in AP form because it’s non renewable. You will be filing for a new AP. Send both forms including any supporting documents.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, Gamisha said:

and filed for the AOS on December 2019.

I'm assuming you meant December 2018 based on your profile: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=310640

2 hours ago, Gamisha said:

I got my EAD/AP at the end of July 2019.

The EAD/AP renewal is also free. Send I-765 and I-131 to the Chicago Lockbox: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses "If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application" section

The EAD part will auto-extend to January 2021: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/42-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances The AP part will still end on July 2020.

For an example of the optional cover letters see the following post: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719609-march-2019-aos-filers-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=10099589

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
On 4/10/2020 at 1:38 PM, HRQX said:

I'm assuming you meant December 2018 based on your profile: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=310640

The EAD/AP renewal is also free. Send I-765 and I-131 to the Chicago Lockbox: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses "If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application" section

The EAD part will auto-extend to January 2021: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/42-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances The AP part will still end on July 2020.

For an example of the optional cover letters see the following post: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719609-march-2019-aos-filers-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=10099589

Great! Thank you so much! I did mean December 2018.

Do I send both forms in the same envelope? do I still need 2 photographs for each form?

17 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Do I send both forms in the same envelope?

Yes, in the same envelope.

24 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

do I still need 2 photographs for each form?

The instructions do state that 2 photographs must be included per form. But when I renewed my EAD/AP in 2019 I didn't submit the photographs and the card was still approved without RFE; they used the picture and biometrics that were already on file.

6 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Also, what would it be my immigration status now? "Pending AOS"?

"Pending adjustment of status under INA § 245"

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Pending adjustment of status under INA § 245"

So even on class of admission on the i-131 form (part 1, item 6) do I put this?

Many thanks :)

14 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

So even on class of admission on the i-131 form (part 1, item 6) do I put this?

For that question on the I-131 form and question #24 on Part 2 of the I-765 form put "K-1 fiance"

For question #25 on Part 2 of the I-765 form put "Pending adjustment of status under INA § 245"

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

29 minutes ago, HRQX said:

For that question on the I-131 form and question #24 on Part 2 of the I-765 form put "K-1 fiance"

For question #25 on Part 2 of the I-765 form put "Pending adjustment of status under INA § 245"

although, the last time I was admitted with the Advance parole. Should I still put K1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.