Jump to content
ELLENH

reply from USCIS regarding inquiry for RFE

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm still waiting for P2 for I-129F case. I filed application in July of 2019. My RFE was sent in Feb. which is over a month ago. I sent an online inquiry to USCIS and asked the status.

 

And i got the answer on the next day which was very quick than usual. I was told the case was delayed because they still didn't get the result of a security check.

 

Is it possible this is an automatic reply generated in USCIS system? Does anybody have same experience as me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not an automatic response AFAIK, but it is a common response. Many cases that take longer than normal get hung up in security checks.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent

12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's not an automatic response AFAIK, but it is a common response. Many cases that take longer than normal get hung up in security checks.

The security check was supposed to be finished before RFE requirement was sent, no? Application was sent on July of 2019 which is 8 months before. What kind of security check they are doing? Territory? 

 

security check is on the applicant, no? because the case is still in california center and we are still waiting for P2.

 

very confused and worried 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

It's not an automatic response AFAIK, but it is a common response. Many cases that take longer than normal get hung up in security checks.

by the way, what is AFAIK? sorry, i'm new for the case. Can you explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

by the way, what is AFAIK? sorry, i'm new for the case. Can you explain?

AFAIK - As Far As I Know


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

The security check was supposed to be finished before RFE requirement was sent, no? Application was sent on July of 2019 which is 8 months before. What kind of security check they are doing? Territory? 

 

security check is on the applicant, no? because the case is still in california center and we are still waiting for P2.

 

very confused and worried 

No, they do security checks before, after, and/or alongside reviewing the petition.

Security checks are run through various agencies. One of the most common ones to get held up are criminal background checks and/or FBI checks. These checks are essentially a black box - USCIS requests them and then awaits for a response from the appropriate agencies.

Normally this is instant or minutes, but all sorts of factors can cause it to take longer. Even people with high security clearance levels get caught in them sometimes (not just with USCIS).

It could be as simple as somebody with the same or similar name with a criminal history, so they have to manually investigate to verify it's not the same individual as the petitioner. Or if the petitioner did have a criminal history, to ensure it matches what was on the petition and/or retrieve and review the details of those cases to ensure eligibility.

It could be national security checks as well, but absolutely no way for anybody here to know that (or for him/her really). I only say because that's possible...criminal checks tend to be more often the delay.

 

The checks at this stage are with the petitioner to ensure they are eligible.

 

Just now, ELLENH said:

by the way, what is AFAIK? sorry, i'm new for the case. Can you explain?

As Far As I Know :)

(Dang - others beat it to me by the time I posted this)


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent

12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, geowrian said:

No, they do security checks before, after, and/or alongside reviewing the petition.

Security checks are run through various agencies. One of the most common ones to get held up are criminal background checks and/or FBI checks. These checks are essentially a black box - USCIS requests them and then awaits for a response from the appropriate agencies.

Normally this is instant or minutes, but all sorts of factors can cause it to take longer. Even people with high security clearance levels get caught in them sometimes (not just with USCIS).

It could be as simple as somebody with the same or similar name with a criminal history, so they have to manually investigate to verify it's not the same individual as the petitioner. Or if the petitioner did have a criminal history, to ensure it matches what was on the petition and/or retrieve and review the details of those cases to ensure eligibility.

It could be national security checks as well, but absolutely no way for anybody here to know that (or for him/her really). I only say because that's possible...criminal checks tend to be more often the delay.

 

The checks at this stage are with the petitioner to ensure they are eligible.

 

As Far As I Know :)

(Dang - others beat it to me by the time I posted this)

thanks for your reply. so can i say that my RFE documents look fine with USCIS. And USCIS is only waiting to get result from security check, correct? Once they get the result, most likely the case can be approved. No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, ELLENH said:

thanks for your reply. so can i say that my RFE documents look fine with USCIS. And USCIS is only waiting to get result from security check, correct? Once they get the result, most likely the case can be approved. No?

It’s possible they haven’t even picked up your RFE petition documents, anything is possible especially these days. Not trying to be negative But I believe since your case hasn’t been transferred to Vermont, that is a good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
44 minutes ago, In4theJourney said:

It’s possible they haven’t even picked up your RFE petition documents, anything is possible especially these days. Not trying to be negative But I believe since your case hasn’t been transferred to Vermont, that is a good sign. 

transferred to Vermont? What do you mean? Can you explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ELLENH said:

transferred to Vermont? What do you mean? Can you explain?

Vermont handles certain types of complex cases...namely those involving certain types of criminal offenses.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent

12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Vermont handles certain types of complex cases...namely those involving certain types of criminal offenses.

i don't think my case will be transferred there as both of us background is very clean. That's why i was confused why USCIS is still doing security check. some of my friends got approved 3-4 weeks after RFE was received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is USCIS default answer to get you to stop asking questions)))


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, boris64 said:

That is USCIS default answer to get you to stop asking questions)))

that is what i guessed from the beginnig. But it seems it might mean other things as per advice from other experience people here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Often those 2 cases are not mutually exclusive.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent

12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...