2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

Did you figure out what your RFE was for?

I got my letter today.

I need to submit the most recent years tax documents which I assume is 2019s because we submitted 2018s.

I also need to get a co-sponser which I was expecting might have been the case as my husbands only been earning over the requirement since August last year!

3 hours ago, Murphy1994 said:

I got my letter today.

I need to submit the most recent years tax documents which I assume is 2019s because we submitted 2018s.

I also need to get a co-sponser which I was expecting might have been the case as my husbands only been earning over the requirement since August last year!

Thanks for sharing your experience. They are issuing RFE's quite promptly it seems. 

4 hours ago, Viking said:

Advance parole 

you may not leave the US whilst your AOS processing is pending- doing so will render the process abandoned.

Advance Parole - allows you to travel for emergencies without abandoning your AOS process.

Can you travel for non-emergency reasons with  an approved Advance Parole?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
3 hours ago, YvetteS said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. They are issuing RFE's quite promptly it seems. 

It does seem that way. I am in a group on facebook and someone got and RFE asking for passport pics although they swore they sent them in. Guess they didn't send the correct number of photos.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, ecuatorianos2018 said:

No one has made an April post yet. We’re planning on filing next week. Good luck to everyone here. Double check the dates on all forms and make sure you follow the new requirements since they changed as of February 24, 2020.

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Form I-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency) (required as of February 24, 2020)
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate (if needed)
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process)

Hello Guys! 

I think i really need your help Guys please!

I have submitted my AOS files included i131,i765 the whole package were rejected due to I-994 and I-864 EZ were required. Package received back from uscis on March 27th 2020

And i reorganized everything and filed the i-944 and I-864EZ as they required and resubmitted them on March 29,2020 due to the usps tracking number package Has received on May 1st and signed by Brown. Still now i have not received any notice of action from USCIS I called them USCIS the asked for my birth date my name and said the don’t see anything in the system. I am so curious and do not know to do somebody there have experienced anything like this ???

Edited by Cool161
Ortograph

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cool161 said:

Hello Guys! 

I have submitted my AOS files included i131,i765 the whole package were rejected due to I-994 and I-864 EZ were required. Package received back from uscis on March 27th 2020

And i reorganized everything and filed the i-944 and I-864EZ as they required and resubmitted them on March 29,2020 due to the usps tracking number package Has received on April 1st and signed by Brown. Still now i have not received any notice of action from USCIS I called them USCIS the asked for my birth date my name and said the don’t see anything in the system. I am so curious and do not know to do somebody there have experienced anything like this ???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cool161 said:

Hello Guys! 

And i reorganized everything and filed the i-944 and I-864EZ as they required and resubmitted them on March 29,2020 due to the usps tracking number package Has received on May 1st and signed by Brown. Still now i have not received any notice of action from USCIS I called them USCIS the asked for my birth date my name and said the don’t see anything in the system. I am so curious and do not know to do somebody there have experienced anything like this ???

Just so I am reading this right, your package was received after a month? Your timelines doesn't seem to add up. You mailed on March 29th and delivered on May 1st!?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rambava said:

Just so I am reading this right, your package was received after a month? Your timelines doesn't seem to add up. You mailed on March 29th and delivered on May 1st!?

No I am sorry it was April 1st not May

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cool161 said:

No I am sorry it was April 1st not May

Oh okay! How did you pay? Did you see a credit card transaction or checks cashed? If yes then that's a good sign and chat with USCIS one more time!

Timeline

Hello Guys! 

And i reorganized everything and filed the i-944 and I-864EZ as they required and resubmitted them on March 29,2020 due to the usps tracking number package Has received on April 1st and signed by Brown. Still now i have not received any notice of action from USCIS I called them USCIS the asked for my birth date my name and said the don’t see anything in the system. I am so curious and do not know to do somebody there have experienced anything like this ???

1 minute ago, Rambava said:

Oh okay! How did you pay? Did you see a credit card transaction or checks cashed? If yes then that's a good sign and chat with USCIS one more time!

I was money order via Western union 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Cool161 said:

Hello Guys! 

And i reorganized everything and filed the i-944 and I-864EZ as they required and resubmitted them on March 29,2020 due to the usps tracking number package Has received on April 1st and signed by Brown. Still now i have not received any notice of action from USCIS I called them USCIS the asked for my birth date my name and said the don’t see anything in the system. I am so curious and do not know to do somebody there have experienced anything like this ???

Hmm. I don't think so then you can explore that part. Maybe you can email to the Chicago lockbox email if that's where you send the package letting them know that you haven't heard back for more than 30 days. They should probs have an answer for you then. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Hmm. I don't think so then you can explore that part. Maybe you can email to the Chicago lockbox email if that's where you send the package letting them know that you haven't heard back for more than 30 days. They should probs have an answer for you then. 

Ok thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cool161 said:

My experience is similar to yours. I refiled because I used wrong i485 form. I redid the whole packet because I needed i944 forms for my wife and stepdaughter. It's taking forever, but not quite as long as yours yet. Accepted April 15, no word yet. I'm afraid to open the mailbox because I'm worried they'll reject again. Shouldn't be any problem though. Maybe they weren't completely ready for the numerous forms and evidence they are requiring now. I'm interested if anyone got a quick response with two of each form for K1 and K2. All my papers are in order and we meet all the requirements. The packet was quite large with all of that. The end of this week I'll reach the 30 day mark and start emailing if I don't hear anything. We really wanted the travel document soon, but I'm not hopeful at this point. I also need the EAD for social security numbers for my tax return. Hope I can extend it long enough. Hang in there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hello Guys! 

When you call the lockbox if they cant find it using ur name and address give them ur SSN. That was the only way they were able to pull mine up

Timeline
2 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

My experience is similar to yours. I refiled because I used wrong i485 form. I redid the whole packet because I needed i944 forms for my wife and stepdaughter. It's taking forever, but not quite as long as yours yet. Accepted April 15, no word yet. I'm afraid to open the mailbox because I'm worried they'll reject again. Shouldn't be any problem though. Maybe they weren't completely ready for the numerous forms and evidence they are requiring now. I'm interested if anyone got a quick response with two of each form for K1 and K2. All my papers are in order and we meet all the requirements. The packet was quite large with all of that. The end of this week I'll reach the 30 day mark and start emailing if I don't hear anything. We really wanted the travel document soon, but I'm not hopeful at this point. I also need the EAD for social security numbers for my tax return. Hope I can extend it long enough. Hang in there.

I reached 30 days already they had my package since April 1st it is 40 days already 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.