stech786

IV Emergency Appointment Criteria

34 posts in this topic

I am trying to see if I could request for an emergency interview which was cancelled last week. I do have an emergency, but don't if I even meet the criteria below. Can some explain that in simple English

IV Emergency Appointment Criteria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ir4 are orphans adopted by USC's

People who have lost their Green Cards and need a boarding foil to get back to the US

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Ir4 are orphans adopted by USC's

People who have lost their Green Cards and need a boarding foil to get back to the US

so other than that, no emergency is considered? 

a member of my family who works at hospital treating Covid-19 patient had their Nanny just quit. No one is home to watch kids. and hard to find Nanny as soon they find out parents work at hospital. my parents had their Kidney transplant 6 months ago. Since I am the sole income provider at home & if anything happens to me (hope not!). it would be a loss. I was hoping maybe my wife can help us with support. Will that consider an emergency?

my parents are not going outside for anything. I have help them out for any emergency needs (grocery for 1 wk). they are 75+ yrs. Need full care at times

thanks 

Edited by stech786

Timeline

I would not have thought so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Free to try.

I wouldn't have thought so. Consular services at all embassies are closed.  Embassy emergency services are for US citizens traveling overseas.

Someone's nanny quitting is not an emergency.

No harm in asking, but I would not be hopeful as the reason stated does not match the emergency criteria right now.

Also note that extended AP is possible and cannot be expedited.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Just now, Jorgedig said:

I wouldn't have thought so. Consular services at all embassies are closed.  Embassy emergency services are for US citizens traveling overseas.

Someone's nanny quitting is not an emergency.

It’s not the only Nanny replacement I was looking for. But to provide me a mental support so I can financially provide support to family. I have to run errands for both family. Fearful that anything can happen to my parents if they come in contact with someone. Keeping eyes on kids, my working, errands, scares me

1 minute ago, stech786 said:

It’s not the only Nanny replacement I was looking for. But to provide me a mental support so I can financially provide support to family. I have to run errands for both family. Fearful that anything can happen to my parents if they come in contact with someone. Keeping eyes on kids, my working, errands, scares me

Again, it is free to try.  But I would say none of that counts towards grounds for expedite.

Just now, stech786 said:

why would I go in AP? It’s for wife 

Women end up in AP also.  Plus:  isn't it for Pakistan?

Just now, stech786 said:

I get that. And I understand the difficulties.

That said, the vast majority of spousal cases probably fall into that set of circumstances right now. Most people (immigrant or not) with living parents still are having to watch for them and run errands....while still working, taking care of kids (if any), etc. It's an unusual and hard time right now.

1 minute ago, stech786 said:

why would I go in AP? It’s for wife 

AP can apply to anyone. Background checks? Missing document? Need to verify documents? There's a whole bunch of possible reasons.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

AP can apply to anyone. Background checks? Missing document? Need to verify documents? There's a whole bunch of possible reasons.

I think this is Pakistan.

Just now, Boiler said:

I think this is Pakistan.

Yup, I understood from the OP's link. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, stech786 said:

is it worth to try it? I'm here in the states, this issue isn't going away for months. 😞 

Why are you looking at immigrant visa emergency criteria if you are in the US?

What are you trying to expedite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.