DHKim95

Would like to get checked by you guys before I get an RFE

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi!

I'm currently filing I-129F form with my fiance and since she is not so familiar with these government forms and technology stuff, I(Alien fiance) am preparing most of documents so I'd like to get checked if I'm doing everything right. No one wants to get RFE especially when it is already expected to be delayed a lot due to COVID-19, right?

So, below are the documents of what I'm filing in the packet.

-       1. G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions

-       2. Cover Letter

-       3. Form G-1145, Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition

-       4. Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé

-       5. Passport style photo (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

-       6. Copy of the Birth certificate (Petitioner)

-       7. Letter of intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

-       8. Evidence of In-Person Meeting

And for 8. Evidence of In-Person Meeting, I wrote circumstances of the in-person meeting within 2 years of the filing date, just like the one in I-129F form. And I put my passport page that shows the stamp, my boarding passes and screen capture of flight receipt with my name and date to support this statement. and I added 4 photos of just us on a trip and a photo of us and her mother at the airport when I was leaving. Total of 5 pages.

I'm so nervous and delay of me moving there is the last thing I want right now because we've been together for  8 years with long distance and it is finally time to close it. 

Please let me know if you have filed similarly or if you received an RFE before for having done same mistakes like I might have done here! Thank you!!

Edited by DHKim95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Seems alright to me,go back to the form I-129F make sure you answered all the questions especially Part 3 of the form Question 3a - 5d (ticking of box)  make sure you sign your form and the letters of intent are signed. label,date and sign the passport photos (behind) . Boarding passes and documents that have both your names are strong evidence...photos are considered secondary evidence. 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline

@Sparkle Sparkle Hi, Thanks for your input! I will definitely check the form again. Do I need to sign the passport photos myself?

I was thinking to send the photo file to my fiance and have her print it at pharmacy and write my name behind the photo herself.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

Hi!

I'm currently filing I-129F form with my fiance and since she is not so familiar with these government forms and technology stuff, I(Alien fiance) am preparing most of documents so I'd like to get checked if I'm doing everything right. No one wants to get RFE especially when it is already expected to be delayed a lot due to COVID-19, right?

-       2. Cover Letter

And for 8. Evidence of In-Person Meeting, I wrote circumstances of the in-person meeting within 2 years of the filing date, just like the one in I-129F form. And I put my passport page that shows the stamp, my boarding passes and screen capture of flight receipt with my name and date to support this statement. and I added 4 photos of just us on a trip and a photo of us and her mother at the airport when I was leaving. Total of 5 pages.

I'm so nervous and delay of me moving there is the last thing I want right now because we've been together for  8 years with long distance and it is finally time to close it. 

Please let me know if you have filed similarly or if you received an RFE before for having done same mistakes like I might have done here! Thank you!!

Question 4a (see attachment) is notorious for RFE ....ask your fiance to think well and deep before he answers and if its yes to find and include the necessaries documents 

yyy.JPG

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

@Sparkle Sparkle Hi, Thanks for your input! I will definitely check the form again. Do I need to sign the passport photos myself?

I was thinking to send the photo file to my fiance and have her print it at pharmacy and write my name behind the photo herself.

I guess that can work...I signed mine and dated them anyway...and I have my fiancee do the same ...might be an overkill 

Timeline

@Sparkle Sparkle I'll also have her check the very question too! Does she need to file the criminal record when she has none just to prove she has a clean record?? And also if there is anything that leads to easy RFE, I'd appreciate if you let me know or share a link to the thread. Thank you so much!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

Does she need to file the criminal record when she has none just to prove she has a clean record??

No

5 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

nd also if there is anything that leads to easy RFE, I'd appreciate if you let me know or share a link to the thread. Thank you so much!

*******I would also recommend you find time to go through all these topics concerning K1...you will be needing the wealth of knowledge (link below)

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

No

*******I would also recommend you find time to go through all these topics concerning K1...you will be needing the wealth of knowledge (link below)

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Thank you so much for sharing all this and your tips, I appreciate it :) May I send you messages when I have further questions?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

Thank you so much for sharing all this and your tips, I appreciate it :) May I send you messages when I have further questions?

Yeah messages concerning my personal K1 journey are great but concerning the process generally we usually just post them here so everyone can benefit and contribute too...I dont know much, but there are many other experienced folks here to answer your questions if you post them publicly .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Have you or your fiance ever been arrested?

Have either of you been married before?

Do either of you have children?

If you didn’t answer “yes” to any of those questions then the application is fairly straight forward. 

Fill out the paperwork, provide proof the petitioner is a USC,  and include proof of meeting in the last two years and you should be good to go. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, janet3 said:

Have you or your fiance ever been arrested?

Have either of you been married before?

Do either of you have children?

If you didn’t answer “yes” to any of those questions then the application is fairly straight forward. 

Fill out the paperwork, provide proof the petitioner is a USC,  and include proof of meeting in the last two years and you should be good to go. 

Even with a yes on the first one it’s fairly straightforward (at least from my experience) as long as you provide the right documents they ask for 🙂 we got an RFE for missing papers on this part but once they were submitted I had an interview about a month later 

Timeline

Thank you @janet3 and @jules98! my fiance has not been arrested, fined or married before so I think we are good! I'll definitely go over what you guys mentioned again though. I appreciate your answers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, DHKim95 said:

Hi!

-       2. Cover Letter

We are in the same situation. I am also the one prepping the docs and requirements.

You might want to add a photo copy of her passport and travel stamps from when she visited you. Also include some screenshots of Social media posts of you together, skype/viber call and text logs (if you have).

And also you might want to add more photos of you together. 

Just filed our application March 16, 2020 and we got the text from USCIS of our NOA1 March 25, 2020. Currently we're waiting for the NOA1 hard copy. 

Goodluck HTH. :)

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Timeline
22 minutes ago, 0NI said:

You might want to add a photo copy of her passport and travel stamps from when she visited you. Also include some screenshots of Social media posts of you together, skype/viber call and text logs (if you have).

And also you might want to add more photos of you together. 

First of all, Thank you for your comment! :D

When she visited me, it was 2016. So I felt like it was not necessary to put it in the packet since the instruction specifically says in-person meeting within 2 years of the filing date.

Unfortunately the last time we met was 2018 December to 2019 February.

How many photos did you attach to your file from your last meeting?

Good luck with your process as well! I would love to see your progress since we are basically on the same boat! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, DHKim95 said:

First of all, Thank you for your comment! :D

When she visited me, it was 2016. So I felt like it was not necessary to put it in the packet since the instruction specifically says in-person meeting within 2 years of the filing date.

Unfortunately the last time we met was 2018 December to 2019 February.

How many photos did you attach to your file from your last meeting?

Good luck with your process as well! I would love to see your progress since we are basically on the same boat! :D

I put alot, by alot I mean we put photos from the very first week we dated (2013) up to present. :D

Put everything that would show you we're together even if it's years ago. 

I think by the time we completed our packet it was already 100+ pages. :)

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.