SandyD

U.S. suspending visa services worldwide due to coronavirus - State Department

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey @scudderb56 - where did you read about international offices? I have heard about USCIS offices, however - at least in Germany - the embassy and consulates have so far not strayed from saying they don't know when they'll be reopening yet :(

"One day, the plane ticket will be one way."

• Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany
  • Wedding: 07/13/2018
  • I-130 NOA1: 09/14/2018
  • I-130 approval date according to online update: 09/05/2019
  • I-130 NOA2 received in the mail: 09/09/2019
  • I-130 approval as per NOA2: 09/04/2019
  • Sent to DOS: 09/13/2019
  • NVC Case Number received: 10/15/2019
  • Documents Submitted to NVC: 12/25/2019
  • DQ: 02/26/2020
  • IL: 03/11/2020
  • Medical: 03/19/2020
  • ID: 04/07/2020 <- cancelled by Corona
  • ID: 05/27/2020 —> approved 

11 hours ago, scudderb56 said:

The last update I received USCIS field offices and international offices are preparing to go to full operations June 4. I am assuming that also means the Embassies as well.

Embassies / Consulates are part of the Deparement of State.  USCIS is part of Department of Homeland Secutiry.  They do not need to open together.

Most USCIS International offices are permanently closed.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Similiar case here,mine "In transit" fro 3 weeks + and back and forward called also email with NVC and my embassy in Jakarta- Indonesia.

NVC first claimed that they already ship my petition on April 14, my petitioner also got email that they ship our petition, after waiting more then 2 weeks and status never change we decide to email my embassy and they say never received.

my fiance call NVC ask to talk with supervisor and turns out she said "Sorry sir, we dont ship any petition out due to corona virus and embassies closed around the world" but that non sense,because my friend status change to ready on April 15th (her shipment date march 30th same embassy with me), that's proof that my embassy still accept any petition come in mail.

Seriouslu for now, don't know what to do. Feels like NVC playing around with so many reasons

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/30/2020 at 7:56 AM, Paul & Mary said:

Embassies / Consulates are part of the Deparement of State.  USCIS is part of Department of Homeland Secutiry.  They do not need to open together.

Most USCIS International offices are permanently closed.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-immigration-offices

Fortunately the Guangzhou, China office is only temporarily closed and I think Embassies are preparing to open June 4.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 11:56 PM, ghostfoxgoddess said:

Hey @scudderb56 - where did you read about international offices? I have heard about USCIS offices, however - at least in Germany - the embassy and consulates have so far not strayed from saying they don't know when they'll be reopening yet :(

I get email updates from the US Embassy in Guangzhou, China and it stated they were preparing to open for full operations June 4.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:03 AM, scudderb56 said:

The last update I received USCIS field offices and international offices are preparing to go to full operations June 4. I am assuming that also means the Embassies as well.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:03 AM, scudderb56 said:

Unfortunately that USCIS office is permanently closed.  USCIS International Offices are not the same as an Embassy. 

Their (USCIS) website isn't updated (link above) but within the Guangzhou section is says:

ALERT: USCIS issued guidance (PDF, 316 KB), effective Feb 1, 2020, delegating authority to the Department of State (DOS) to accept and adjudicate a Form I-130 filed by a U.S. citizen petitioner for an immediate relative if the petitioner establishes exceptional circumstances or falls under blanket authorization criteria defined by USCIS. This guidance, which applies even in countries with a USCIS presence, can be found in the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B Chapter 3

As of Feb. 1, 2020, USCIS will no longer accept and adjudicate routine Form I-130 petitions at its remaining international field offices. Petitioners residing overseas who are unable to file with DOS must file Form I-130 by mail with the USCIS lockbox facility in Dallas or online using the USCIS website.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

14 minutes ago, Mask said:

April and May visa appointments in London were cancelled. Can anyone let me know if the June ones were also cancelled? 

Not cancelled - but if they were to look for it to be announced between the 15th and 25th.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:59 AM, CGs_Mother said:

Embassies and Consulates are subject to two sets of laws - the country of the embassy, and the municipal laws where the buildings are located. The buildings have to meet things like fire codes, occupancy permits, etc. So if the head country is suspending services, then they can't open. But if the head country is still operating but the city in which the building is located is under emergency orders, the building would still not be able to open and operate. That's why they can't post definitive dates of when consular processing will continue. Since the US lockdown is continuing until April 30, 2020, the embassy might reopen that date provided that it's located in an area that will reopen on that date. If you're in Canada,  for example, I can tell you right now that Montreal will not reopen until maybe June at the earliest. So you have to watch for both the US reopen date and the local, municipal reopen date. Sorry. 

Hello, I know I was not initially part of this discussion, but I have a similar concern and so I have been browsing these forums looking for answers. This clears a lot up! My boyfriend is a medical student who is planning to come this July for rotations in the States. We are concerned the consulate won’t open in time for him to get his visa. If I’m understanding correctly from your comment, does it mean that when his country reopens, the consulate there will reopen too? He’s from a European country that was not part of the initial 30 day ban. We feel so hopeless and confused though...not sure what the criteria is for the consulates to reopen. 

I can't seem to find other threads on this discussion, hence I'm posting here. Have your June visa appointments been cancelled today? Or just mine? I wonder what the reason is, third time now. The lockdown rules have eased off. It doesn't make sense. Extremely aggravating. 

11 minutes ago, Mask said:

I can't seem to find other threads on this discussion, hence I'm posting here. Have your June visa appointments been cancelled today? Or just mine? I wonder what the reason is, third time now. The lockdown rules have eased off. It doesn't make sense. Extremely aggravating. 

I have heard of a few cancelled in Mexico for the first two weeks of June.  Consulates are still unmanned.

6 minutes ago, HKS said:

I came across this.... 

IMG-20200515-WA0017.jpg

As mentioned previously in this thread, USCIS is totally separate from DOS.  This notice does not refer to consular/embassy interviews.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

As mentioned previously in this thread, USCIS is totally separate from DOS.  This notice does not refer to consular/embassy interviews.

Yeah, I know, but we can always hope. 

I just thought I'd post the official post from USCIS so ppl would see what the talk was about. Guess I should have said that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.