Captain Ewok

CoronaVirus Information - Helpful Links

22 posts in this topic

Here is another potentially helpful link (my alma mater)

Personal Note -

The President, and his wife, of Harvard University has announced that they both just tested positive and are now under care.

The school has already canceled in-person Commencement and will do it virtually, and has already sent students home.

I was scheduled to be there this weekend. SMH

------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center?utm_source=hc-sig&utm_medium=web

Harvard Health Publishing Logo

Coronavirus Resource Center

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Here is what I see when we're signing up for the Coronavirus financial fund. From here [This is a Tennessee link!!!]: https://tdhs.service-now.com/relief?id=relief_registration&fbclid=IwAR29ALVn7IyP20uFFh9Kd_oHPCPVfMCVzlWbZlNtd817qYZoNqkHp3GFa48

"I understand that I am applying for Emergency Cash Assistance. This application is a result of a temporary loss in income or hours by at least 50% due to COVID-19. I understand that in order to apply for this assistance, I must have been employed as of March 11, 2020, and must have experienced at least a 50% reduction of hours or loss of employment. I understand I must provide verification of available resources (checking and/or savings accounts), temporary reduction in employment hours, or temporary loss of employment. Verification of income includes check stubs, statement from employer, and unemployment compensation approval notice. Check stubs and/or statement from employer must be for 4 weeks with at least two weeks showing income prior to loss or reduction. Self-Employment income must be verified by providing self-employment license (or any other proof of being self-employed) and most recent tax return filed or other documentation of reduction or loss of income. Verification of resources include but not limited to bank statements (checking/savings account). I understand that this application will be denied if I do not submit valid verification's with application. All verification's must attach by using the paper clip at the bottom of the application."

Wow. Copy and paste without the remove format got me screwed up here.

However this does not apply to me. This also does not apply to my Husband as he never worked yet. I still work and I'm proud of it.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
0?e=1594252800&v=beta&t=DQzZ697KzfyXqRok

Daily Rundown:

Special Report: Coronavirus News by LinkedIn Editors
Here’s what professionals are talking about now

https://www.linkedin.com/news/daily-rundown/special-edition

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

• 2 weeks later...

Great COVID-19 Worldmap Statistics Graphic

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

https://coronavirusstatistics.org/

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/revealed-coronavirus-attacks-veins-heart-brain-blood-lungs/

I like this article showcasing how the virus attacks, and easy to read. It's very much the scene portrayed in ICUs and the complexity of its treatments once someone is admitted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.