Fr8dog

Confirmed cancelations oath Ceremony so far.

173 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, yellow2 said:

The statement makes me hopeful that my wife and I will get our ceremony done but as already said, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. As we're all seeing, this virus situation is day to day, minute to minute even. 

I think as much as possible they will try to continue with oath ceremonies adopting the strategies mentioned above. I was so fearful of cancellation in the week leading up to my ceremony as I knew many had been cancelled. So I was super grateful that it went ahead :)

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Statement was needed and was given at the right time as there were multiple questions whether or not oaths will be cancelled/postponed .Even though i am still in line for the ceremony,  fully prepared that there is a chance it will push back at least couple months.

Edited by lucardo3

1 hour ago, lucardo3 said:

Statement was needed and was given at the right time as there were multiple questions whether or not oaths will be cancelled/postponed .Even though i am still in line for the ceremony,  fully prepared that there is a chance it will push back at least couple months.

Agreed - needed to happen! I’m glad they posted this clarification. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

6 minutes ago, Wooderz said:

Administrative? It was at a community/education center. 

The ones not in courts are "administrative" oath ceremonies. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

REPORTED OATH CEREMONY CANCELLATIONS (per various sources)
* applicants should confirm with USCIS directly and/or review their my.uscis.gov account notifications

City State Ceremony Date Notes
Alexandria (court-based) VA Through to March 31st Per VJ member
Atlanta (court-based) GA April 10th Per VJ member
Boston MA March 11th  Per Twitter; reddit
Bowling Green KY March 13th  Per Twitter
Columbus OH March 17th & 26th   
Harrisonburg VA March 18th Per VJ member
Houston TX March 18th & April 1st Per other online forum; per VJ member
Kansas City KS March 18th Per VJ member
Las Vegas NV March 14th & 20th Per other online forum; per VJ member
Los Angeles CA March 19th  Various sources
Manhattan (court-based) NY Suspended after 3/13 Per NY Post
Nashville (court-based) TN Suspended through 4/30 Per court notification
Norfolk (court-based) VA Through to March 31st Per VJ member
Oakland/San Franciso CA March 18th Various sources
Peoria IL March 20th Per news report
Portland OR March 13th Per call to USCIS
Richmond (court-based) VA Through to March 31st Per VJ member
San Antonio (court-based) TX March 16th through May 1st Per court notification
San Jose CA March (TBD) Per other online forum
Seattle WA March 3rd & 13th Per VJ member; reddit
South Bend IN April 3rd  Per VJ member
Westchester (court-based) NY March 19th & April 3rd Per Twitter
Whole state (court-based) NH March 13 to April 30th  Per media report

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

51 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

The ones not in courts are "administrative" oath ceremonies. 

Not necessarily, "court" oaths are administered by a federal  judge. They do also hold those outside of court rooms. Unfortunately almost all of Virginia are "court" ceremonies.

2 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

Not necessarily, "court" oaths are administered by a federal  judge. They do also hold those outside of court rooms. Unfortunately almost all of Virginia are "court" ceremonies.

OK. What I had read is this:

https://www.fileright.com/blog/what-to-expect-at-the-citizenship-ceremony/

There are two types of citizenship ceremonies: judicial and administrative. Which type you’ll go to depends on the USCIS district you live in. In a judicial ceremony, the court administers the Oath of Allegiance. In an administrative ceremony, the USCIS administers the oath. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

2 minutes ago, kkalan2 said:

One thing I do want to point out that earlier MY N400 interview was cancelled and USCIS called me 2 days before I had an interview. If anyone has any interview or oath ceremony you should have received a call today, If not just go to ceremony according to your schedule.

Same thing happened to me!!! Or call today if u have an Oath ceremony this week. 

Already noted above, but here is District Court notification of Kansas (maybe some Missourians too?)  Johnson County Community College cancellation March 18 http://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/2020/03/13/jccc-naturalization-ceremony-on-318-canceled/

Seems like a good decision, and probably no other option--think 7 of 8 confirmed cases in KS in Johnson County, including one connected with the college. Wonder when they will reschedule? 

Edited by northusa44

32 minutes ago, northusa44 said:

Already noted above, but here is District Court notification of Kansas (maybe some Missourians too?)  Johnson County Community College cancellation March 18 http://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/2020/03/13/jccc-naturalization-ceremony-on-318-canceled/

Seems like a good decision, and probably no other option--think 7 of 8 confirmed cases in KS in Johnson County, including one connected with the college. Wonder when they will reschedule? 

Mine was scheduled on 3/18 at the Johnson County Community College too. My online account has a de-scheduled notice now, with no re-schedule date as they continue to assess the status of COVID 19 in our area.

USCIS has cancelled the oath ceremony on 3/18 at the Plano Event Center (Dallas Field Office). The Event Center has confirmed the cancellation this morning.

Also, per the TX court website, "All Naturalization Ceremonies have been canceled through May 1, 2020."

www.txnd.uscourts.gov/naturalization-ceremony-schedule

Thanks,

Edited by SilverLake
adding link

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.