Fr8dog

Confirmed cancelations oath Ceremony so far.

173 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2020 at 12:33 AM, SilverLake said:
49 minutes ago, SilverLake said:

USCIS has cancelled the oath ceremony on 3/18 at the Plano Event Center (Dallas Field Office). The Event Center has confirmed the cancellation this morning.

Also, per the TX court website, "All Naturalization Ceremonies have been canceled through May 1, 2020."

www.txnd.uscourts.gov/naturalization-ceremony-schedule

Thanks,

So the events center are the ones who actually cancelled it

As of right now- Plano  event center has not had any cancellation notice from USCIS- this is not in Dallas county- it is in Collin County! Let's keep praying for it to go ahead. 

36 minutes ago, TexasLaing2014 said:

As of right now- Plano  event center has not had any cancellation notice from USCIS- this is not in Dallas county- it is in Collin County! Let's keep praying for it to go ahead. 

Were you able to call USCIS directly? I have not had time this morning yet.... Let me know if you hear anything else.

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

An official de-scheduling notice will look like this:

uscis-oath-cancelled.thumb.png.b6293787004d91d2a0b71326ecb32d3f333.jpg.1060e2bc37c31091a7f5af1318e82185.jpg

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

6 minutes ago, kkalan2 said:

If you all keep calling USCIS they most likely going to cancel the ceremony=)

No news always a good news.

I was convinced mine was going to be cancelled....went along fully thinking it wasn't going to be on...and it was on!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jackson State University Naturalization Ceremony on March 19, 2020 is cancelled. 

I just called the Southern District Court in MS and they confirmed they just cancelled. Their number is 601-608-4000.

Please include this on the list.Thanks!

Hi, 

I have oath ceremony scheduled this Friday (20 March) at Las Vegas - Lloyd D. George federal court. Anyone knows it’s canceled or not? Because I didn’t receive any notice and i dunt have the contact of the officer... i tried to call the federal court and they told me all ceremony are canceled this week. But I am just worried it’s a mistake since no formal notice at all...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ame0713 said:

Hi, 

I have oath ceremony scheduled this Friday (20 March) at Las Vegas - Lloyd D. George federal court. Anyone knows it’s canceled or not? Because I didn’t receive any notice and i dunt have the contact of the officer... i tried to call the federal court and they told me all ceremony are canceled this week. But I am just worried it’s a mistake since no formal notice at all...

You need to contact the court / venue where the ceremony will be held and ask them to confirm. I asked mine the same info and the clerk said they are currently coordinating with USCIS atm. You can also call USCIS and have them confirm the cancellation as well for peace of mind.

Also, I have a question to anyone who's had their ceremonies cancelled? Was it re scheduled? I never got an official call or email from USCIS yet and my oath is on the 19th (this thursday), do i have to reschedule myself or will they reschedule it for me?

Edited by CerseiLan

Dear Stakeholder,

To ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of our workforce, and in order to comply with local policies regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may need to cancel and reschedule in-person appointments and oath ceremonies at field offices. If you are receiving this notice, it is because we have cancelled your appointment or ceremony.

USCIS will send a separate notice with information about rescheduling the appointment or ceremony. If you don’t receive a new appointment notice in the next 90 days, please reach out to the USCIS Contact Center. If you receive this notice and had an InfoPass appointment at the field office, please reach out to the USCIS Contact Center to be rescheduled. 

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please do not respond to this email but reach out to the USCIS Contact Center. To learn more about the Department of Homeland Security’s response to the coronavirus, visit their Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage

Its official now.

4 minutes ago, kkalan2 said:

Dear Stakeholder,

To ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of our workforce, and in order to comply with local policies regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may need to cancel and reschedule in-person appointments and oath ceremonies at field offices. If you are receiving this notice, it is because we have cancelled your appointment or ceremony.

USCIS will send a separate notice with information about rescheduling the appointment or ceremony. If you don’t receive a new appointment notice in the next 90 days, please reach out to the USCIS Contact Center. If you receive this notice and had an InfoPass appointment at the field office, please reach out to the USCIS Contact Center to be rescheduled. 

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please do not respond to this email but reach out to the USCIS Contact Center. To learn more about the Department of Homeland Security’s response to the coronavirus, visit their Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage

Its official now.

Did they send that notice to your https://my.uscis.gov account? I have not received any notice though....

N-400:

8 minutes ago, kkalan2 said:

Dear Stakeholder,

Its official now.

Nevermind, I just received the email from USCIS now. Thanks!

N-400:

Timeline
22 minutes ago, CerseiLan said:

Also, I have a question to anyone who's had their ceremonies cancelled? Was it re scheduled? I never got an official call or email from USCIS yet and my oath is on the 19th (this thursday), do i have to reschedule myself or will they reschedule it for me?

Nvm this.
I just got a call from the MS court saying USCIS will reschedule the ceremony.  

Still havent received USCIS's official email though.

Jacksonville Courthouse website shows March 19 ceremony as cancelled :( called USCIS to confirm, the lady there said that she doesn't see it as cancelled but if the building is closed it will be rescheduled. I wanted to get something more substantial than that, or maybe a timeline on when I should call them back, but she wasn't able to give me any good info. Per  N400NYC advice I kept pushing until she transferred me to a tier 2, which she refused to do several times. Now waiting for a tier 2 to call me back...

Edited by Anggva

11/24/2015 - Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765
11/26/2015 - Delivered

11/27/2015 - AOS Package accepted and routed to National Benefits Center
12/03/2015 - eNotices received

12/04/2015 - checks cashed

12/07/2015 - got NOAs in the mail

12/18/2015 - got biometrics appointment in the mail

12/29/2015 - biometrics done

02/09/2016 - EAD approved

02/17/2016 - got EAD in the mail

05/31/2016 - got a text and an email notification that the interview was scheduled for June 30.

06/30/2016 - interview; green card approved; case status moved to "new card is being produced"

07/07/2016 - got the green card in the mail

03/31/2018 - mailed I-751 to California Service Center

04/02/2018 - package delivered

04/09/2018 - check cashed and got NOA in the mail

05/11/2018 - got a letter saying that USCIS is going to use my old biometrics

08/16/2018 - got 18 month extension letter

03/04/2019 - case transferred to Nebraska Service Center

04/29/2019 - new card being produced notification

05/04/2019 - got 10-year green card in the mail

10/02/2019 - submitted N400 online

10/05/2019 - got biometrics notification

10/25/2019 - biometrics done

12/12/2019 - got interview letter in the mail; interview scheduled for January 16

01/16/2020 - interview; application approved

01/29/2020 - got oath ceremony notification 

03/18/2020 - oath ceremony descheduled due to COVID-19 closures

06/11/2020 - oath ceremony! Got my citizenship!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.