2,976 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

I see. If USCIS needs anything from you, they'll reach out. Just be composed, go with the necessary documents, answer the officer politely and truthfully...you should be okay! Your GC petition will NOT be denied..believe that!๐Ÿ‘โ˜บ

I hope so it has been stresfulleย and hard time for meย 

hello everyone!

I've been reading all pages of this and previous topics, you guys are amazing, and your stories gave me hope through the past 1.5 years

ย 

about 2 weeks ago I checked my case status online, and found out that it says "We mailed you a new card to the address you provided".

BTW, my timeline: Filed - Feb 2019; 1st Prima facie - March 2019; 2nd Prima Facie - March 2020; New EAD card mailed - May 22nd 2020

I rushed to ask my lawyer if they got anything yet. They said it looks like it's my EAD card based on VAWA case, but that since the offices are closed, they go to the City once a week to pick up the mail. I waited couple of days. Then this message comes from the lawyer: Looks like USCIS mailed your card to our previous address, let's see if we can retrieve it from there.

And here I got really anxious, like who does that? They now are causing me unnecessary delay.

And what if they lost my EAD?

ย 

What can be done in this case? Could you guys tell me, if anyone knows, if I can myself switch my address with USCIS to my home address, where I live now? Or I am obligated to have all mail be sent to my lawyer's office?

ย 

thank you in advance

42 minutes ago, neimovirna said:

hello everyone!

I've been reading all pages of this and previous topics, you guys are amazing, and your stories gave me hope through the past 1.5 years

ย 

about 2 weeks ago I checked my case status online, and found out that it says "We mailed you a new card to the address you provided".

BTW, my timeline: Filed - Feb 2019; 1st Prima facie - March 2019; 2nd Prima Facie - March 2020; New EAD card mailed - May 22nd 2020

I rushed to ask my lawyer if they got anything yet. They said it looks like it's my EAD card based on VAWA case, but that since the offices are closed, they go to the City once a week to pick up the mail. I waited couple of days. Then this message comes from the lawyer: Looks like USCIS mailed your card to our previous address, let's see if we can retrieve it from there.

And here I got really anxious, like who does that? They now are causing me unnecessary delay.

ย 

What can be done in this case? Could you guys tell me, if anyone knows, if I can myself switch my address with USCIS to my home address, where I live now? Or I am obligated to have all mail be sent to my lawyer's office?

ย 

thank you in advance

congratulations on your approval.ย 

sorry to hear that you did not get your card yet.

You can change your address. you have to write to vermont center.ย 

did you provide you a tracking number for the card?ย 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, neimovirna said:

hello everyone!

ย 

ย 

ย 

thank you in advance

Question, what did you submit as evidence? Any police report? Congratulations on your approval. ย Uscis is all over the place with priority dates and approvals.

17 hours ago, GreenB said:

Itโ€™s in myย language withย certified English translation from the consulate. Iโ€™ll call the consulate tomorrow and ask about it. Iโ€™m also considering to send a criminal record and graduation document since these documents also have my mom and dadโ€™s name, my birth date etc.ย 

ย 

4618CDB8-A56D-4D15-8292-EABD651F8D29.jpeg
ย 

ย 

33D1CFF2-847A-47BC-9653-3E1C3CCF6960.jpeg

ย 

Hi everyone, so Regarding this RFE for I485 Iโ€™ll send a new birth certificate, a criminal record from my country, my diploma and my driving license from my country. They are saying they need more proof for my birth record... as far as Inunderstand.

Iโ€™ll get a newย birth certificate and criminal record from the consulate. The consulate gives a translation for these.

ย 

I have my original diploma and driving license from my country. Iโ€™ll get these translated with a certified translation agency. My question is...do Iย need to notarize my diploma and driving license (If yes, how?)? Or certified translations would be enough?

ย 

or any other suggestions? Iโ€™ll greatly appreciate.

ย 

@sandranjย  ย @Shroy123ย @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย ย ย @Pinkrlion

Edited by GreenB

3 hours ago, balo101 said:

congratulations on your approval.ย 

sorry to hear that you did not get your card yet.

You can change your address. you have to write to vermont center.ย 

did you provide you a tracking number for the card?ย 

thank you! I still can't believe it until I see an approval notice, so I am not celebrating yet!

yes, they gave a tracking number which says card was delivered to the zip code of my lawyer's previous office (the newย officeย isย close to the previous one, so I really hope they will be able to get my card from the previous one

18 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Question, what did you submit as evidence? Any police report? Congratulations on your approval. ย Uscis is all over the place with priority dates and approvals.

thank you!

I did have a police report, and an Order of protection, and joint bank account, 2 years of joint taxes, postcards to our names from my parents, pictures (a little), bills, psychiatric counseling report, letters from relatives and friends

14 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone, so Regarding this RFE for I485 Iโ€™ll send a new birth certificate, a criminal record from my country, my diploma and my driving license from my country. They are saying they need more proof for my birth record... as far as Inunderstand.

Iโ€™ll get a newย birth certificate and criminal record from the consulate. The consulate gives a translation for these.

ย 

I have my original diploma and driving license from my country. Iโ€™ll get these translated with a certified translation agency. My question is...do Iย need to notarize my diploma and driving license (If yes, how?)? Or certified translations would be enough?

ย 

ย 

Those documents have signatures already attesting to the issuing authority! But since it's going to be translated, not so sure if it's required...can't say categorically..so let's hear others out. From here I'm wishing you all the best! I didn't have to go through all that.๐Ÿ‘

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, GreenB said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I am not sure what Country are you from, but I sawย this problem before on theย birth certificates from ย India. You did not satisfy USCIS with your birth certificate, then make sure your birth certificate has a LEGIBLE SEAL or a LEGIBLE STAMP or a SIGNATURE containing the word registrar of birth or secretary, and of course your parent's name, and you will be fine.

ย 

You can't notarize a diploma or DL, you can have a certified copy of your diploma, and/or DL.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
22 hours ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family; hope everyone had a fantastic weekend?

I have an odd question, but then again i always have those and speciali now when i have so much time on my hands, and my mind is going insane.

My question is since my VAWA petition was approved in 2019, and im just waiting on my AOS interview. I continuously think that when i go to my interview for my I-485 will be denied and i will be deported, can someone that has gone true the interview share how did it go, and if the wors happen what can i do what my options are.

The reason why im asking is that the inactivity, and total mishandling on my case by my lawyer and idk i have been waiting for a long time, and i always assume the worst and want to be prepared.

Once again thank you guys, you are amazing.

Apolo the AOS will be denied just if you got married before VAWA approval, or have a felony or misrepresented factsย ย to obtain your visa to come to the U.S.

Timeline
On 6/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, AhmedEid said:

ย I got the denial on I 485 because she withdrew her I130 so i can i file another I 485 again and apply for work permit under C09 or i have to wait till get I 130 approval and apply for C31

You can refile form I-485, and submit the I-765 category C9 along with the AOS package.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, sandranj said:

You can refile form I-485, and submit the I-765 category C9 along with the AOS package.

I sent the I 130 package already without I 485 the lawyer told me is not a good idea to send the I 485 with the I 360 because i could lose the fee if they need more evidences

Timeline
On 6/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, bRANKLATA said:

@sandranjย just provided me with some valuable info.ย 

I just checked the visa bulletin websiteย https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-june-2020.html
and i want to make sure in which category i belong.ย 
There is a screenshot.ย 

I was married to Lawful permanent resident. Do i belong in F2A?ย 

Your are highly appreciated.ย 

Thank You and God Bless

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.32.55 PM.png

Yes your category is F2A, and it's current.

20 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hi, my I360 was approved January 2020, got my approval letter in March 2020. And this week I got RFE ย with my I485 for birth certificate. From NBC. Iโ€™m inย CA too.

ย 

I had sent them a birth certificate document with my original application package but they are saying itโ€™s insufficient. Iโ€™ll see what I can do... I hope this wonโ€™t cause a long delay for my future interview date...

Thank you for your response, Looks like I should wait for a few more weeks because you was approved a little bit earlier then me so it's gonna happen soon...ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย  hopefully

Edited by Boris Britva

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.