2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, DmytriiD said:

Hi all,

Did anybody recently sent in EAD+AP application to Vermont ?
They received my mail 15 days ago and still I didn't get a notification from USCIS that they received my case. Last 2 times it happened in like 3-5 days after they received it, this time I am not sure if something is wrong or they just have too much incoming mail maybe ?

I received mine receipt notice within 21 days, but quite surprisingly received my  combo card on 7th of May----within 77 days lol!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, NewYork2020 said:

I am a bit confused here, am I supposed to send the application to Vermont or Chicago? Since my Vawa is still pending. Thanks everyone! This channel is so helpful. Also, have we considered creating an info document somewhere? 

If you have VAWA pending you send your EAD to Vermont. If you send to Chicago then it will sit there for 6 months and then will be transfered to Vermont which will delay your EAD approval. a document? I mean just follow instructions on USCIS web for EAD+AP application...

Edited by DmytriiD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Hritik Rohail said:

I received mine receipt notice within 21 days, but quite surprisingly received my  combo card on 7th of May----within 77 days lol!

Wow! That's fast! But good to know that it took 21 days because I am thinking that something is wrong if thet are not sending me a notification email that they received my case !? It's been 18 days now for me after they received it according to FEDEX

@Stillwinning!!!😊  and any other member Please advise.
my lawyer told me yesterday that he received a letter from USCIS saying that they are working on my AOS and I’ll need a new Med exam.

so do I need to do it now.?

how long does it take from the courtesy  letter to receiving the GC.?

also I heard that now they ask to send medical exam and approve without interview.. is that true.?

1 hour ago, NianAm said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊  and any other member Please advise.
my lawyer told me yesterday that he received a letter from USCIS saying that they are working on my AOS and I’ll need a new Med exam.

so do I need to do it now.?

how long does it take from the courtesy  letter to receiving the GC.?

also I heard that now they ask to send medical exam and approve without interview.. is that true.?

It's always advisable to get the medicals done when you have a date for interview..also there's no set time from receiving CL to getting GC..it all depends. There's always an interview except in rare cases and at the discretion of the officer in charge of your case. USCIS has no official declaration whatsoever scrapping interviews..like I said it's at the discretion of the officers. I received my CL in March of 2019 and my interview was set for March 2020 that's when I got my Greencard!👍

8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It's always advisable to get the medicals done when you have a date for interview..also there's no set time from receiving CL to getting GC..it all depends. There's always an interview except in rare cases and at the discretion of the officer in charge of your case. USCIS has no official declaration whatsoever scrapping interviews..like I said it's at the discretion of the officers. I received my CL in March of 2019 and my interview was set for March 2020 that's when I got my Greencard!👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 thank you for your response. Where do you live it took 1 year waouw. 
Me I live in Ohio.? Anybody had a experience there.?

Edited by NianAm

11 minutes ago, NianAm said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 thank you for your response. Where do you live it took 1 year waouw. 
Me I live in Ohio.? Anybody had a experience there.?

Edit: I got approved March 2019(VAWA), received the CL July 2019 then interview happened in March 2020. I'm in N.Y. hopefully someone from Ohio will share their experience.😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naguto7659 said:

Dear friends - any recent i-485 interview scheduling anyone has had and also any more approvals of green card without interview?

what one should expect from I-485 interview? What kind of questions and what do I need to bring with me besides medical exam.

I've only heard of 1 person here get recent gc approval without interview. They haven't started scheduling interviews yet.

At the interview they usually ask standard questions about your info, parents' names, "no" questions about terrorism etc, sometimes can ask if you're been divorced. I haven't read of anyone saying officer was asking any deeply personal questions about marriage/abuse.

Not sure about the list of what to bring, someone else may give advice on that. But I would bring all my passports, DL, birth certificate + translation.

6 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Been more than a month since “card produced” status for I-360. No news on actual I-360 status. Any one has had experience on this?

god bless all

Your case is approved, you may receive an approval letter within 1-3 months of the card status, but some people never do. That will not change anything, since the card produced date your case has been approved even if you don't have the approval letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some good news, my I-360 status just changed to "New Card is Being Produced". I wish everyone a speedy approval!

Please see my timeline and the documents I submitted below.

Timeline:

01/16/2019 - submitted I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

05/02/2019 - I-765, I-131 approved

01/07/2010 - sent in I-765, I-131 renewal

03/02/2020 - approved I-765 and I-131 renewals

05/15/2020 - I-360 approved

Documents submitted:

1. My notarized affidavit - 6 pages

2. My birth certificate and spouse's birth certificate

3. My I-94, copies of my passport and visa

4. Marriage certificate

5. Letter, cards and online orders addressed to both of us (28)

6. 4 affidavits from friends and family relating to marriage and abuse

7. Screenshot of messages and missed calls from abuser before and after the abuse started

8. Letter from my therapist (1.5 pages) and confirmation of my appointments with her (6 appointments at that time)

9. Letter from my domestic violence counselor (saying I receive services, not an affidavit, 1 page)

10. My medical records relating to abuse

11.My volunteer records, employment and education confirmation. Also included references from work and volunteering to show good moral character, incl photos.

12. Joint checking account statements (6 statements, I sent 1 statement for each quarter), copies of joint credit cards, copies of checks we sent together

13. Joint taxes (1 year)

14. Joint lease and copies of our IDs with the same address

15. Phone bills, internet, gas, heating bills - all joint

16. Domestic violence hotline records (I called them several times)

17. Joint insurance

18. Mine and spouse's pay stubs

19. Abuser's arrest, jail and criminal records, jail visitation records

20. Copies of photos with family and friends, traveling (26 pictures)

Wowwwww congratulations oh my God. Wait you’re a Jan 2019 filer? I filed a week before you, God I hope I get the same news soon. Many Blessings my dear. 

Edited by Godschild

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.