mirchi

N 400 February 2020 Filers

763 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Soley said:

Hello everyone, I received my 10 year Green Card last month and for the last 3 days I have been working on the online N400 application. It says the site will save all information for 30 days so I thought to have a bit of time to finish it all.

However, just 3 days after I started, somehow all my evidence was gone. I had uploaded stuff all day, had to reduce file size on many files as it just took forever to upload something over 1 MB. The smaller files worked well. I was working on the additional evidence and signed out. Signed back in half an hour later and all my files were GONE!! I called the technical support. They had no idea and couldn't put me through with someone who knows more. I am livid! So much work, gone... and I had signed out and back in several times over the past few days, and could always continue where I left off.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I am thinking about sending in a paper application but that's also a lot of additional work. 😱

It happened to be too, all my files went away, so yesterday, I uploaded by taking images, and I didn’t sign out, I submitted my application right away. Which was successful. 

Because I have to send all originals to the interview again. So no need to send so many files on the go. 

i took advice from the January 2020 n400 fillers group.

2 hours ago, SparklePony said:

Maybe try a different browser? I used Firefox and had no issues. The website uploaded all my PDFs and JPEG files with no issues. I did the entire application in an hour or so.

I used Firefox as well. Uploading was no problem, it was just slow but that could be my internet connection. But them being gone was the problem :(

2 hours ago, KCMO said:

This happened to me. I realised that just before submitting application if i upload documents then it works. The uploaded documents don't stay if you close the application or even go to the previous pages while working on the application. Online app only saves data for 30 days , does not seem to save uploaded files. I made a folder in my computer and put in all the documents in either PDF or JPG format and on the day i was going to submit my app i reviewed all the data info and then uploaded my documents ( and after uploading i made sure i don't click on any previous page options) and submitted my application. That worked out well. Now after submitting i can login and check my uploaded document just fine and the advantage of online application is i can continue to upload documents even after submitting application. Its kind of interactive. After submitting the application with some documents, even after they received my application, i could upload two more documents. 

That makes sense, thank you. I will do that too. It did save my data but no files. At least now I have all my files ready to go...

Strange that when I called technical support they couldn't even tell me this!

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, Harbri1 said:

It happened to be too, all my files went away, so yesterday, I uploaded by taking images, and I didn’t sign out, I submitted my application right away. Which was successful. 

Because I have to send all originals to the interview again. So no need to send so many files on the go. 

i took advice from the January 2020 n400 fillers group.

Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

What do you mean about sending all the originals to the interview again?

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Soley said:

Hello everyone, I received my 10 year Green Card last month and for the last 3 days I have been working on the online N400 application. It says the site will save all information for 30 days so I thought to have a bit of time to finish it all.

However, just 3 days after I started, somehow all my evidence was gone. I had uploaded stuff all day, had to reduce file size on many files as it just took forever to upload something over 1 MB. The smaller files worked well. I was working on the additional evidence and signed out. Signed back in half an hour later and all my files were GONE!! I called the technical support. They had no idea and couldn't put me through with someone who knows more. I am livid! So much work, gone... and I had signed out and back in several times over the past few days, and could always continue where I left off.

I am thinking about sending in a paper application but that's also a lot of additional work. 😱

Here is a piece of advice.  Try to keep all your scanned/photoed documents on a flash drive.  Take the flash drive and go to a public library where the connection is so fast.  Upload all the documents at once. Finish up your application with a review, and then make a payment and submit your file.  This should work perfectly fine and it is not a lot of work (especially that you have already all the scanned files. Good luck...

1 hour ago, Soley said:

Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

What do you mean about sending all the originals to the interview again?

Am filled for 3 year marriage rule, and your normal interview letter, you may have to submit the evidence you sent, because definitely  can’t send all evidence like all your 3-4 years bank statement, utilities etc. 

for the 5 year rule it simply and you can send everything, but you will still send originals on interview day. 

Submitted n400 online 2/18/2020, completion date October 2020, 8 months,  field office  Newark NJ. Newark is normally 6 - 7 months. 

i heard in January n400 group that after biometric the months normally reduced by a month. 

God help us all. Amen 🙏🏽 

Edited by Harbri1

11 hours ago, Soley said:

Yes this happened to me when I first time I started the application.  Best thing you can do is go through the review process and make sure the list of documents are indeed all there.  I even logged out and logged back in through another browser the 2nd time just to make sure that the documents did attach properly the second time.

AOS: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131   ( 128 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 12/08/2016 [ Day -002 ] Medical Exam Done
  • 12/10/2016 [ Day 000 ] AOS package mailed out by USPS flat rate ( I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 )
  • 12/12/2016 [ Day 002 ] Delivered and signed by R. Mercardo
  • 12/22/2016 [ Day 012 ] Checks cashed by USCIS Chicago
  • 12/28/2016 [ Day 018 ] Received text & email e-Notices of acceptance
  • 01/03/2017 [ Day 024 ] Received hard copy NOA1 ( Received Date - Dec 13, Notice date - Dec 23 )
  • 01/07/2017 [ Day 028 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice date: Dec 31 2016 )
  • 01/17/2017 [ Day 038 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/09/2017 [ Day 089 ] Received letter of interview appointment scheduled Apr 6
  • 04/03/2017 [ Day 114 ] Received notice that EAD / AP card was being produced via text and email
  • 04/06/2017 [ Day 117 ] Went to Scheduled Interview. I-485 Approved same day
  • 04/07/2017 [ Day 118 ] Received hard copy notice that EAD / AP card was being produced
  • 04/15/2017 [ Day 128 ] Received EAD / AP and Greencard on the SAME DAY

ROC: I-751  ( 374 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 01/21/2019 [ Day 000 ] ROC package mailed out by UPS due to gov shutdown ( I-751, sent 20 days late )
  • 01/23/2019 [ Day 002 ] Delivered to Lewisville TX and signed by Edwards
  • 01/29/2019 [ Day 008 ] Check cashed by USCIS Dallas
  • 02/01/2019 [ Day 011 ] Received NOA I-797 receipt # EACxxxx ( Received Date - Jan 23, Notice Date - Jan 28 )
  • 02/25/2019 [ Day 035 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - Feb 15 2019 )
  • 03/04/2019 [ Day 042 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 01/23/2020 [ Day 367 ] I-751 Approved and card ordered. ( Mailed out Jan 27 2020 )
  • 01/30/2020 [ Day 374 ] New Greencard Delivered

Naturalization: N-400  ( 439 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 02/06/2020 [ Day 000 ] N-400 submitted online ( Eligible 1/5/2020 ). Fee paid by Credit Card.
  • 02/08/2020 [ Day 002 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - 2/7/2020 )
  • 02/27/2020 [ Day 021 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/16/2021 [ Day 404 ] Letter for Interview Appointment
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Interview at Mount Laurel, NJ ( Completed )
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Oath Ceremony ( Completed )

10 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Here is a piece of advice.  Try to keep all your scanned/photoed documents on a flash drive.  Take the flash drive and go to a public library where the connection is so fast.  Upload all the documents at once. Finish up your application with a review, and then make a payment and submit your file.  This should work perfectly fine and it is not a lot of work (especially that you have already all the scanned files. Good luck...

I was thinking about doing that. No idea if the internet connection at the public library is faster but I can give it a try. Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Harbri1 said:

Am filled for 3 year marriage rule, and your normal interview letter, you may have to submit the evidence you sent, because definitely  can’t send all evidence like all your 3-4 years bank statement, utilities etc. 

for the 5 year rule it simply and you can send everything, but you will still send originals on interview day. 

So not send all evidence at once? I thought sending more would probably show better that my marriage is legit. I am also filing for the 3 year marriage rule. 

3 hours ago, johhny5 said:

Yes this happened to me when I first time I started the application.  Best thing you can do is go through the review process and make sure the list of documents are indeed all there.  I even logged out and logged back in through another browser the 2nd time just to make sure that the documents did attach properly the second time.

I would be afraid now to log out... I think of just doing it in one session and submit. 

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Soley said:

So not send all evidence at once? I thought sending more would probably show better that my marriage is legit. I am also filing for the 3 year marriage rule. 

You can send all evidence at once with a focus on the part after I-751.  I think you should and it is totally doable.  Just make sure you have all the scanned information on a flash drive prior to starting the uploading process and it should not take that long for you.  It will take all the files.  You may also bring the documents with you but I think your approval may be somewhat faster if you front-load everything. 

I had the same issue with some of my attachments disappearing. I uploaded everything, and when I reviewed my application only some of the attachments were there. I had to go back and re-enter them a couple of times before they finally appeared on the review part of the application. I couldn't attach my paystubs even though they were small PDFs, fortunately I had a letter from my employer stating what my salary is. 

QUESTION - I see that some people received something called a NOA1 right after applying. Can you guys tell me what that is? All I've received so far was an e-mail with how much I paid. 

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Alonso Ramirez said:

I had the same issue with some of my attachments disappearing. I uploaded everything, and when I reviewed my application only some of the attachments were there. I had to go back and re-enter them a couple of times before they finally appeared on the review part of the application. I couldn't attach my paystubs even though they were small PDFs, fortunately I had a letter from my employer stating what my salary is. 

QUESTION - I see that some people received something called a NOA1 right after applying. Can you guys tell me what that is? All I've received so far was an e-mail with how much I paid. 

Thanks! 

Never mind everyone! Just logged into my account and saw under the Documents tab my Receipt Notice with the next steps. I am guessing that's the NOA1 everyone is talking about.

Good news though my estimated completion time got shorter so yay! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damn I was on this website 14 months ago trying to find out about CR1-Visa now I’m back trying to find out about N-400... I would like to find out how long will it take for me to hear back from USCIS after they receive my N-400 application? I don’t know if the process is different because I’m military active Duty or it’s pretty much the same requirements and wait time?

Edited by Trav228

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
19 hours ago, Rom1 said:

Hello Everyone, just joined the group. I am going to file n 400 in a day or two. Was just wondering what supporting documents to send. Any help will be highly appreciated. And good luck to everybody 😊

I just provided what they asked for, honestly. I'm filing with the marriage 3-year rule so I did my greencard (ROC already done with), marriage certificate, transcript of the previous 3 years of tax returns, birth certificate for all my kids, divorce decrees for both me and my husband plus the translation for mine, and my husband's passport (proof of his citizenship). I hope it's enough - we'll see!

I received my paper NOA in the mail, today. Now waiting for Biometrics and trying not to obsessively check the USCIS websites. 😜

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

JOrOp1.png

1 hour ago, SparklePony said:

I just provided what they asked for, honestly. I'm filing with the marriage 3-year rule so I did my greencard (ROC already done with), marriage certificate, transcript of the previous 3 years of tax returns, birth certificate for all my kids, divorce decrees for both me and my husband plus the translation for mine, and my husband's passport (proof of his citizenship). I hope it's enough - we'll see!

I received my paper NOA in the mail, today. Now waiting for Biometrics and trying not to obsessively check the USCIS websites. 😜

Hey thanks for replying. Yeah i am thinking to submit about the same too. Hopefully its all good 😊

Edited by Rom1
Spellcheck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.