mirchi

N 400 February 2020 Filers

763 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Cathy Lee said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted my N-400 on 2/5/2020 and the Estimated case completion time shown on my case is August,2020 (as you can see on the screenshot), and the Estimated wait time for the next step is 1 DAY (so excited to know what's gonna happen tomorrow😂). Since today is 7/12/2020 and I am still waiting for the interview to be scheduled, I can not imagine how this case can be completed in a month by August 2020. Do you guys know how accurate and meaningful the estimated dates on the screenshot could be? I would be very grateful if I could finish the whole naturalization process by the end of this year considering the surging pandemic in FL. Fingers crossed!  Good luck to everyone of you!

image.png.4640109358da3f6111c44a5e29db9c6f.png

Your case estimate will most likely say '' we are taking our sweet time to complete your case'' :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 7/12/2020 at 3:04 PM, Cathy Lee said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted my N-400 on 2/5/2020 and the Estimated case completion time shown on my case is August,2020 (as you can see on the screenshot), and the Estimated wait time for the next step is 1 DAY (so excited to know what's gonna happen tomorrow😂). Since today is 7/12/2020 and I am still waiting for the interview to be scheduled, I can not imagine how this case can be completed in a month by August 2020. Do you guys know how accurate and meaningful the estimated dates on the screenshot could be? I would be very grateful if I could finish the whole naturalization process by the end of this year considering the surging pandemic in FL. Fingers crossed!  Good luck to everyone of you!

image.png.4640109358da3f6111c44a5e29db9c6f.png

My husbands estimated completion date says July 2020... we have about 15 days to find out how accurate it is. 

The estimated wait time has said “we’re taking longer than expected” for months now. 

Good luck! I hope this journey can be over soon for all of us! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/13/2020 at 8:29 AM, lucardo3 said:

Your case estimate will most likely say '' we are taking our sweet time to complete your case'' :D 

You are absolutely right! Now the Estimated wait time changed into "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time", so I guess the estimate time is not very accurate🥴

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cathy Lee said:

You are absolutely right! Now the Estimated wait time changed into "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time", so I guess the estimate time is not very accurate🥴

Sometimes I think it should say "we'll get to it when we get to it" Oh and "don't count on us getting to it prior to the 2020 election.. sorry, not sorry." 

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
19 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

My husbands estimated completion date says July 2020... we have about 15 days to find out how accurate it is. 

The estimated wait time has said “we’re taking longer than expected” for months now. 

Very helpful information, thank you!

Now the estimated wait time for my case steps into the same maze of " We are taking longer than expected to process your case" and nobody knows how much longer, I am pretty much in the same boat as your husband now. 

Good luck to all of us! Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Guys,

My interview was scheduled on 8 July and I have my documents online already. I still didn't get my interview letter in mail but a friend of mine who lives in my area was schedule same day (same field office), already got his letter. Should I be worried or not. Also if my mail doesn't show up, can I print my interview letter to take it for interview?

Thanks

59 minutes ago, lensguy86 said:

Guys,

My interview was scheduled on 8 July and I have my documents online already. I still didn't get my interview letter in mail but a friend of mine who lives in my area was schedule same day (same field office), already got his letter. Should I be worried or not. Also if my mail doesn't show up, can I print my interview letter to take it for interview?

Thanks

July 8 was already passed bro ? Did  you mean August 

02.15.2020 - Online Application

02.16.2020 - NOA

02.21.2020 - Biometrics Appointment notice 

03.13.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.03.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in) successful 

09.11.2020 - interview letter received 

10.15.2020 - interview attended ( approved ) 

10.29.2020 - oath ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, lensguy86 said:

Guys,

Thanks

Do you mean your interview was scheduled on July 8 or you received notification online that on July 8 that your interview has been scheduled? Your next steps will vary significantly depending on this.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Calstor77 said:

July 8 was already passed bro ? Did  you mean August 

My bad I received online notification of interview being scheduled on July 8 for August 18 interview.

12 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Do you mean your interview was scheduled on July 8 or you received notification online that on July 8 that your interview has been scheduled? Your next steps will vary significantly depending on this.

My bad I received online notification of interview being scheduled on July 8 for August 18 interview.

1 hour ago, lensguy86 said:

You can download and print interview Notice on your USCIS online account under "documents" tab. I have not received my Oath Ceremony Notice as well even though it showed up on my Informed Delivery notifications where i can see what`s coming to my mail daily but was able to print that way.

Timeline
1 hour ago, lucardo3 said:

You can download and print interview Notice on your USCIS online account under "documents" tab. I have not received my Oath Ceremony Notice as well even though it showed up on my Informed Delivery notifications where i can see what`s coming to my mail daily but was able to print that way.

I did downloaded the interview notice and my question is if my letter doesn't show up via mail, can I use this printed notice from my account to go to interview. Even my Informed Delivery notification is not showing any letter from USCIS.

1 minute ago, lensguy86 said:

I did downloaded the interview notice and my question is if my letter doesn't show up via mail, can I use this printed notice from my account to go to interview. Even my Informed Delivery notification is not showing any letter from USCIS.

Yes you can. It`s basically the same paper.

Edited by lucardo3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 7/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, nagylyndsey said:

On the 15th our estimated date of completion just disappeared. Assuming that the estimated case completion date held no value either, just says taking longer than expected now 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.