Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,263 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I am not presenting any “logic” for you to argue. What I’m saying is that people say that the 751 will be looked at after you file for the N400 as an absolute truth, and to me it’s been far from that . 

You have more experience in this issue than me so I do respect your view :)

In other news, someone that was a September 2022 applicant with the 751 at Potomac just got the case transferred to MSC.  Checking to see if they did anything to prompt the movement.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 minute ago, SS DSM said:

My Case is taking long time too. Its been already 3.5yrs no update yet. Applied i751 on aug 15 2019 divorce waiver still no update.

Have you tried the "outside of processing times" inquiry via the USCIS website?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Just now, xyz2019filer said:

Yes,monthly once

No update for these requests too.

Man, that sucks that they do that.

Did you try the chat or calling them?  I would be persistent.  Otherwise, there is this option:

I am aware that it requires additional time and money on your part.  So, definitely just sharing so you are aware of options.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My I-751 is pending and the case was transferred to NBC. I have N400 interview sometime soon but I have not received any communication from USCIS that my wife needs to come for a combo interview. My wife will not be in the country because of school summer trip as she’s leading it. Anyhow, do I call USCIS to reschedule already or wait until they call and ask my wife to join me and then reschedule or should I just go for my N400 interview and take it from there? 
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

My I-751 is pending and the case was transferred to NBC. I have N400 interview sometime soon but I have not received any communication from USCIS that my wife needs to come for a combo interview. My wife will not be in the country because of school summer trip as she’s leading it. Anyhow, do I call USCIS to reschedule already or wait until they call and ask my wife to join me and then reschedule or should I just go for my N400 interview and take it from there? 
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks! 

I received an email just 2 days prior to my wife's interview telling me that my attendance was mandatory.  However, we were already planning for a combo interview.  I suggest your wife attend if at all possible.  Otherwise, you are going to have an additional interview....which could take months to schedule.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I received an email just 2 days prior to my wife's interview telling me that my attendance was mandatory.  However, we were already planning for a combo interview.  I suggest your wife attend if at all possible.  Otherwise, you are going to have an additional interview....which could take months to schedule.  

2 days before the interview? Golly! 
but ya my wife cannot absolutely attend the interview. I spoke with the senator office and they spoke to the local field office and they were told that it will be a combo interview so it’s better to reschedule in that case. But I haven’t received any formal notification that it’s gonna be a combo or gotten a notice that the interview is gonna be rescheduled so I’m kinda in a pickle as to what to do. I haven’t officially submitted request via phone to reschedule my interview cuz the senator office said their email to them with a reason will be enough. What should I do? Should I submit request via phone as well? Or just wait for the senator office to receive notification from the local office?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AM 7 said:

I haven’t officially submitted request via phone to reschedule my interview cuz the senator office said their email to them with a reason will be enough. What should I do?

You Oath Ceremony N-445 will have exact instructions on how to reschedule.  I would follow those instructions. 

See my revised comment below.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

You Oath Ceremony N-445 will have exact instructions on how to reschedule.  I would follow those instructions. 

Oath ceremony? I’m talking about N400 and I-751 combo interview. Neither applications have been approved yet.

did you take any documents to prove bona-fide marriage for I-751 interview piece even though yours was combo?

2 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

Oath ceremony? I’m talking about N400 and I-751 combo interview. Neither applications have been approved yet.

did you take any documents to prove bona-fide marriage for I-751 interview piece even though yours was combo?

I think @Crazy Cat meant the letter you got for the N400 interview, which will have steps on how to proceed to re-schedule.

Since you have a pending I-751, yes, definitely bring all the originals you submitted for the ROC package and any additional evidence that would be helpful whenever your interview is done. AND don't forger your spouse.

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
17 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

Oh...OK...sorry.  I inadvertently looked at wife's oath notice...LOL.    Your N-400 interview letter will also have instructions for rescheduling.  Yes, the IO wanted to see bona-fide marriage evidence from the time of submitting the I-751 until day of the interview.  He wanted to see leases, driver licenses, bank statements....evidence of us at same address.  

This is from the N-400 interview notice:

"YOU MUST APPEAR FOR THIS APPOINTMENT - However, if you are under self-isolation or quarantine, are ill, have any symptoms of illness or are at heightened risk due to age or an underlying health condition and would like to reschedule your appointment, call the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for requesting that your appointment be rescheduled."

Did you apply under the 3 year rule or 5 year rule?

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

First, the officer conducted the I-751 portion of the interview.  We both provided evidence..the items I named above.  Then, I left the room for my wife's N-400 portion of the interview. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Welp, we got our NOA1 today and we're officially in the YSC club yaaaaaaay <_<

Timeline in signature

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.