Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,263 posts in this topic

I submitted application in November2019 to Potomac Center. It's been on "Recieved" since then. I've had biometrics etc. 

I'm pretty sure I just screwed it all up by applying for N400 last month. Who knows, maybe they will do a combo interview.

Anyone got any updates from September 2019? I haven't seen any movement since last month for August then It is dead-silent again. I am honestly not sure what is going on with Potomac. It is like Texas SC last year, but then they transferred huge number of cases at once to balance out, which I hope they do at this point.

20 hours ago, crazykiwi said:

I submitted application in November2019 to Potomac Center. It's been on "Recieved" since then. I've had biometrics etc. 

I'm pretty sure I just screwed it all up by applying for N400 last month. Who knows, maybe they will do a combo interview.

If this helps, I also submitted my I-751 around November 2019 and was received by Potomac, I even got my biometrics.
Then by November 2020, I applied for N400.  I received notification that my biometrics from I-751 will be re-used for N400 processing.

Around February, my I-751 updated telling me that my case from Potomac was transferred to a new office. Same thing happened to other people from the N400 November filers thread. They say that our I-751 might be transferred to the same office where our n400 are also being processed. So... I'm assuming you might get the same treatment in a few months as I was, especially that you have Baltimore as your local office.  Baltimore has a 7 to 14 month processing time right now for N400.

Edited by yoh

16 hours ago, yoh said:

Around February, my I-751 updated telling me that my case from Potomac was transferred to a new office. 

I'm wondering if this means, it's now at your local office for interview etc? ROCs are processed in a service center e.g. YSC, but N-400s are ultimately processed in a local office.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

On 4/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, doggieandsam said:

I'm wondering if this means, it's now at your local office for interview etc? ROCs are processed in a service center e.g. YSC, but N-400s are ultimately processed in a local office.

From the other thread, we (and other people) just actually assumed it might be processed together with the N400 since the transfer notice I got tells me that it was transferred to NBC. They even reused our biometrics from the ROCs for the N400. Again we are just assuming! But here's to hoping that the NBC local office are really processing them together. Just to add, other people from the N400 thread initially went to their ROC interview schedule but was able to request verbally an N400 interview on the spot and got approved on the same day.  

11 hours ago, yoh said:

From the other thread, we (and other people) just actually assumed it might be processed together with the N400 since the transfer notice I got tells me that it was transferred to NBC. They even reused our biometrics from the ROCs for the N400. Again we are just assuming! But here's to hoping that the NBC local office are really processing them together. Just to add, other people from the N400 thread initially went to their ROC interview schedule but was able to request verbally an N400 interview on the spot and got approved on the same day.  

sorry, should have stated my comment better. yes, they will be processed together. if it's just an ROC case then it just stays at the service center. if an N-400 is filed while the ROC is still pending, then both the ROC and N-400 is then clubbed together and then transferred to the local office. The local office will then process both there together ie schedule a combo ROC/N-400 interview, etc. Your case being transferred to a local office could actually be a good thing for you!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

I dunno if its just me or does it seem like they keep on extending the "processing timeframe" for these cases? I have a YSC receipt # filed from August 2019, just spoke to a tier 2 level USCIS officer who said Potomac processing timeframe for I-1751s is 19-22 months, even though the officer before him who I spoke with said it was now outside of normal processing times and raised an inquiry for it. I'm so tired of this being in limbo...

14 hours ago, Awesomesauce said:

I dunno if its just me or does it seem like they keep on extending the "processing timeframe" for these cases? I have a YSC receipt # filed from August 2019, just spoke to a tier 2 level USCIS officer who said Potomac processing timeframe for I-1751s is 19-22 months, even though the officer before him who I spoke with said it was now outside of normal processing times and raised an inquiry for it. I'm so tired of this being in limbo...

You can track the official processing time from there: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

That being said, USCIS keep increasing that monthly. They say they are at June 19 now, but you can see few August cases were adjudicated last month. 

Either way, there nothing you can do, and you can open out of processing time case until the 22 month pass, assuming they ain't going to increase it to 24 or 28 months by then

On 4/4/2021 at 8:37 PM, crazykiwi said:

New Zealand looks very nice and safe, I would hold on the US citizenship, but I think your case will be processing soon. If you apply N-400 online, it has very accurate time line.

Good News

After getting worried that other cases in the same batch as mine with the same filing dates were getting approved from about 3 weeks ago, even some batches after mine got approved last week but my case status remained the same until yesterday when I received the 'Card in Production' email. I received another update today saying 'Case Approved'.
Almost 20 months of waiting

No RFE
Application received August 23 2019
Biometrics Appointment January 29 2020
Case No - YSC1990444***

Good luck to everyone

Edited by Donnell

12 hours ago, Donnell said:

Good News

After getting worried that other cases in the same batch as mine with the same filing dates were getting approved from about 3 weeks ago, even some batches after mine got approved last week but my case status remained the same until yesterday when I received the 'Card in Production' email. I received another update today saying 'Case Approved'.
Almost 20 months of waiting

No RFE
Application received August 23 2019
Biometrics Appointment January 29 2020
Case No - YSC1990444***

Good luck to everyone

Congratulations! 

I swear they been working on August cases since January, which is crazy. It literally seems like they are at 20 Months processing time now

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

YSC1990447XXX. 8/28/19 submitted date.  Stuck on Case Received until last week.   10 yr Green Card received 4/14/2021.  Your turn is soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Turns out, I’ve been Potomac all along. Originally thought my case was with another center.

My case has been marked as “Received” since 11/9/2019 and I did my biometrics in January 2020. My 18 month extension is coming due in June. How do I go about getting the extension to the extension? There’s a USCIS office not 5 minutes from where I work in Southern Maine. Do I just walk in and say “Hey, my 18 month extension is about to expire soon, and Potomac is being slower than frozen molasses - any way you can help?” Or do I need to call somewhere first?

Any help would ve appreciated.  

You need to call USCIS number, state that you want to make an info pass appoitment, talk to a call center worker describe your situation. They will call you back from Washington D.C within 2 days to schedule an appointment. You will be able to choose day and time. Don't go to USCIS without an appoitment. The security guard will not let you in. Thank you

Edited by Rosa Garcia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

You need to call USCIS number, state that you want to make an info pass appoitment, talk to a call center worker describe your situation. They will call you back from Washington D.C within 2 days to schedule an appointment. You will be able to choose day and time. Don't go to USCIS without an appoitment. The security guard will not let you in. Thank you

Thank you, Rosa! Much appreciated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.