RKarim

Proof of relationship

37 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

This type of front-loading is not “required,” and often adding loads of unasked for items actually causes the delays and RFEs.

If the beneficiary is from a high-fraud, high-risk country, such front-loading may be warranted.

Not really. I sent photos, tickets of flights, pictures of engagements, photo with family and they still wanted proof that we met at least 2 years ago. So I then sent my stamps from my passport and it was approved.

2 hours ago, SJB0403 said:

Not really. I sent photos, tickets of flights, pictures of engagements, photo with family and they still wanted proof that we met at least 2 years ago. So I then sent my stamps from my passport and it was approved.

If you had sent that primary evidence (passport stamps), you may have not gotten an RFE.  We sent no photos, chats etc.  Just evidence of the required meeting.  No RFEs.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 hours ago, SJB0403 said:

wow that's crazy, I thought they could check a lot of information with the NSA

6 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

wow that's crazy, I thought they could check a lot of information with the NSA

Aside from background checks, all other evidence is the responsibility of the petitioner and beneficiary to provide.

To answer the original question;

Give the correct answer to the question and don't try to "hide" things, that seldom works and usually they will figure it out or you give it away yourself. Your US fiance needs to realize that the USCIS is nothing like they have ever dealt with. I explained it to mine by saying it is like the DMV on steroids with a severe case of PMS. And now 5 years later, at the end of the naturalization process, she still cannot believe how they work.

As to the "front loading";

I think you are going to have a more difficult embassy to work with. Go check the regional forum and use the search function to find posts for your specific embassy. I sent zero photos throughout the whole process (I hate photos, there weren't any with me in it) and had no problems but I'm from a low fraud country with an easy consulate.

7 hours ago, Fr8dog said:

To answer the original question;

Give the correct answer to the question and don't try to "hide" things, that seldom works and usually they will figure it out or you give it away yourself. Your US fiance needs to realize that the USCIS is nothing like they have ever dealt with. I explained it to mine by saying it is like the DMV on steroids with a severe case of PMS. And now 5 years later, at the end of the naturalization process, she still cannot believe how they work.

As to the "front loading";

I think you are going to have a more difficult embassy to work with. Go check the regional forum and use the search function to find posts for your specific embassy. I sent zero photos throughout the whole process (I hate photos, there weren't any with me in it) and had no problems but I'm from a low fraud country with an easy consulate.

Thanks guess u had really good evidence and a lengthy relationship ours is young and we knew nothing of the k1 at the time of her visit otherwise we would have planned everything around it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, RKarim said:

Good day all.....as we prepare to do our K1 petition my fiancée (US citizen) think it's not important to mention the date we met because of concern that it might raise a red flag since we met in august and got engaged in November the month in which she paid me a surprise visit (almost died😵) so I'm asking this is mentioning the length of time we together important....advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated....thanks much

I think you don’t have reasons to lie or don’t mention about date, because probably they going to ask during interview and, for me, time means nothing, I knew people who got married in 15 days and they are together since 2000. I spent 3 months on a date with my boyfriend online, we met first in June and started the process in November, we put everything. Just believe in your relationship and love and everything will be fine. K1 visa isn’t a permanent visa, during the process you can do everything, including give up. That’s the reason why is simple and “fast”. 

Good luck  

9 minutes ago, Renatac14 said:

I think you don’t have reasons to lie or don’t mention about date, because probably they going to ask during interview and, for me, time means nothing, I knew people who got married in 15 days and they are together since 2000. I spent 3 months on a date with my boyfriend online, we met first in June and started the process in November, we put everything. Just believe in your relationship and love and everything will be fine. K1 visa isn’t a permanent visa, during the process you can do everything, including give up. That’s the reason why is simple and “fast”. 

Good luck  

Thanks for ur response it's a very valuable one and we have decided to include the date...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 2:38 PM, Jorgedig said:

Timestamps can be photoshopped.  Again, photos are secondary evidence.

Which is true, but passport stamps and boarding passes can only show you're in the same country at the same time. They can't show that you've actually met.

I mean, if I'd only sent evidence that Anastasia and I had been in Italy (passport stamps) and flown to and from Rome (boarding passes) during Valentine's week in 2018 ... I'm quite sure that literally thousands of other Americans and Russians were there at the same time we were.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

7 hours ago, RKarim said:

Thanks guess u had really good evidence and a lengthy relationship ours is young and we knew nothing of the k1 at the time of her visit otherwise we would have planned everything around it 

I had no evidence of an on going relationship. I provided evidence of having met in the past 2 years (passport stamp, flight details, and ATM withdrawals) That is all that is required for the I-129F forum. My ongoing relationship I had with me for my interview but I was never asked about it. My consulate was not interested in that.

29 minutes ago, Fr8dog said:

I had no evidence of an on going relationship. I provided evidence of having met in the past 2 years (passport stamp, flight details, and ATM withdrawals) That is all that is required for the I-129F forum. My ongoing relationship I had with me for my interview but I was never asked about it. My consulate was not interested in that.

Really 😳 

1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Which is true, but passport stamps and boarding passes can only show you're in the same country at the same time. They can't show that you've actually met.

I mean, if I'd only sent evidence that Anastasia and I had been in Italy (passport stamps) and flown to and from Rome (boarding passes) during Valentine's week in 2018 ... I'm quite sure that literally thousands of other Americans and Russians were there at the same time we were.

We sent no photos, only passport stamps showing my one visit to NZ and his multiple visits to Seattle/Vancouver.

I guess falsifying a meeting via passport stamps hasn't been much of an issue for USCIS.

1 hour ago, Fr8dog said:

Same for us.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I guess falsifying a meeting via passport stamps hasn't been much of an issue for USCIS.

I really doubt anybody reviewing the initial I-129F forum really looks at it that closely. That person gets tons of those things across his/her desk and has a minimum time to adjust them. I'm sure a few get pulled sometimes for closer examination.

But really all they need at that point in time is something tying the two of you together in roughly the same place. passport stamps show you were in the country at the time so that is good enough and on to the next application. They let the consulate/embassy deal with the rest of it.

@RKarim:

Just because tons of stuff has resulted in approvals for a lot of people doesn't mean you need it, according to the rules. That's why I keep on hammering on the difference between the I-129F petition (form, USCIS) and the application interview (embassy, country specific).

New Zealand and The Netherlands are not known to be high fraud countries our fraud rate is low and our interviews are easy. The only time you really hear about issues is if someone interviews there that is originally from a high fraud country. Other countries are not so lucky but the regional forums gives all the answers needed. You may or may not have to frontload or supply specific info,  I just don't know

18 hours ago, RKarim said:

Thanks and I'm from Trinidad and Tobago which is not a high fraud country so I guess I should have the least of worries!

Hit the old search bar or hit the "portal" button. If anybody has any info on Trinidad and Tobago it's going to be found there (Or the regional  forum)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.