Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Yep, exactly that. My EAD/AP hasn't been approved yet because of my i-485 which has an RFE and that's what USCIS told me at least twice.

OK, I became so intrigued with this RFE-to-EAD approval link, so I did a quick dump for NBC cases in range MSC2090806500-999. I identified at least 2 sets of EB cases where RFE was sent and response NOT received yet, but underlying EAD+AP were approved. I understand that the RFE status may not have been updated but still... Maybe it depends on what kind of RFE? When they received my RFE (medical) response in May, EAD and AP were approved three days after

2 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

OK, I became so intrigued with this RFE-to-EAD approval link, so I did a quick dump for NBC cases in range MSC2090806500-999. I identified at least 2 sets of EB cases where RFE was sent and response NOT received yet, but underlying EAD+AP were approved. I understand that the RFE status may not have been updated but still... Maybe it depends on what kind of RFE? When they received my RFE (medical) response in May, EAD and AP were approved three days after

How can you see the status of so many cases at the same time?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, MIBogdan said:

But those two cases, did they take their biometrics and then EAD/AP was approved? If it was before the biometrics, did they have their biometrics taken before so they were approved? (which I've seen plenty cases here). I'm asking those two questions because you can still get an RFE after biometrics and I'm on the boat where my biometrics haven't been taken by ASC before and because of that they can't approve my EAD/AP? I don't know.

001.thumb.png.a1f81d3c58d4ae86eabcd98e7a4ecb2a.png

It turns out the mail is a new biometric appointment letter after the pandemic.

The notice date was July 28th and the scheduled date is Aug 11th.

And, I'm so glad I'm the witness of the strong US social welfare since those who can't read English and those who can't understand how to use computerized tools can even find some jobs at least government offices in the USA.

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

2 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

But those two cases, did they take their biometrics and then EAD/AP was approved? If it was before the biometrics, did they have their biometrics taken before so they were approved? (which I've seen plenty cases here). I'm asking those two questions because you can still get an RFE after biometrics and I'm on the boat where my biometrics haven't been taken by ASC before and because of that they can't approve my EAD/AP? I don't know.

No I don't think those cases have biometrics. I have my EAD/AP approved and my biometrics in on Aug 5 - and never before have I been to any ASC or even to a filed office

Timeline
Just now, MIBogdan said:

No I don't think those cases have biometrics. I have my EAD/AP approved and my biometrics in on Aug 5 - and never before have I been to any ASC or even to a filed office

So probably my case is attached to the RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, We finally recieved our bio metrics appointment today for (Norfolk VA) on August 6th. We didn't have an original appointment scheduled before covid hit, so this is a fresh appointment. Our case was received on February 20th. On our notice it it says case type "i485,i765". Will this be a strictly bio metrics appointment? ? My wife has a friend that is going through the process as well, and she said she had her bio metrics and GC interview done at the same time.

Thanks,

Alex.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Game_blouses04 said:

Hello all, We finally recieved our bio metrics appointment today for (Norfolk VA) on August 6th. We didn't have an original appointment scheduled before covid hit, so this is a fresh appointment. Our case was received on February 20th. On our notice it it says case type "i485,i765". Will this be a strictly bio metrics appointment? ? My wife has a friend that is going through the process as well, and she said she had her bio metrics and GC interview done at the same time.

Thanks,

Alex.

Wow, Biometrics and GC interview at same time without telling in the notice? That's insane. I think they would tell in the letter that they're doing both at the same time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, MIBogdan said:

Interesting link but I think it's for OPT cases only. Otherwise I'm surprised... awesome piece of work. Why the damn USCIS doesn't provide this kind of statistics on their website? Anyway, I think I know the answer...

The link is for OPT cases only, but the shipping dates seem to correspond pretty well with AOS EADs as well. The EAD cards are basically the same (just no fingerprint for OPT) so I assume they are all printed on the same printers. Also I have compared the dates in this link with reported EAD approved/received dates reported here on the forum and they seem to agree pretty well.

More good news: The backlog seems to be getting shorter! It used to be ~3 weeks, and it's not down to ~2 weeks.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Wow, Biometrics and GC interview at same time without telling in the notice? That's insane. I think they would tell in the letter that they're doing both at the same time.

Also, biometrics are done at ASCs and interviews at field offices so that would be a very unusual situation where the two offices are co-located. But even then, I don't see how that can be common.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.