Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Has anyone had to submit an RFE? If so and if you already did your Biometrics. Could you tell me what's the status for your I-765 (EAD)?

Thanks,

Have a great day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, B3M said:

Has anyone had to submit an RFE? If so and if you already did your Biometrics. Could you tell me what's the status for your I-765 (EAD)?

Thanks,

Have a great day!

We have had an RFE. Filed in March. Got RFE middle of May and directly responded to it. Forgot to add in W2 and 1040. I submitted the same as I did with K1 and completely overlooked this part. I don’t have my EAD yet and not expecting it since I have my AOS interview September 17.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

We have had an RFE. Filed in March. Got RFE middle of May and directly responded to it. Forgot to add in W2 and 1040. I submitted the same as I did with K1 and completely overlooked this part. I don’t have my EAD yet and not expecting it since I have my AOS interview September 17.

that's awesome news! is your service center National Benefits Center?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today I had my biometrics. While doing the fingerprinting, One of my fingers didn’t match. I think we tried it like 5 times but it won’t rrqlly match from the the 1st four captured fingers. Is there any problem with this? It’s just so sad coz Ive been waiting for this biometrics for a long time and this happened. 🤧😭

1 hour ago, Loveusafreedom said:

I was talking to the supervisor officer again today. No help and no rescheduling of biometrics.  They are scheduling everyone in the queue depends on the facility, but if somebody's appointment was canceled then this person not in queue anymore. This person has to wait on a free spot to be scheduled, but they are working in a limited capacity, it is hard to have a free spot, especially in busy locations as Chicago. So it might take a really long time because we are not at the end of the line, we are out of the line, and just waiting when the line will disappear to be accepted.
I wonder how somebody who plays with people lives in this way sleep at night. Where are justice and equal rights?

i think that is just some random bull that supervisor told  you. looks like they are finding new reason to come up with 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, James120383 said:

i think that is just some random bull that supervisor told  you. looks like they are finding new reason to come up with 

We were told a version of the same. February filers are being scheduled by hand. All new applicants are scheduled by computer. Once furloughs happen it will stop completely from the human side and grind to a slow crawl on the other side. 

20 minutes ago, ourwildjourney said:

We were told a version of the same. February filers are being scheduled by hand. All new applicants are scheduled by computer. Once furloughs happen it will stop completely from the human side and grind to a slow crawl on the other side. 

interesting. i have not heard that but i also stopped calling them as i got tired of listening to the blah blah 90 days blah blah.. so effectively they skipped Feb filers. 

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
11 hours ago, B3M said:

that's awesome news! is your service center National Benefits Center?

Yes for the EAD and AP it is! My office for AOS is Kansas City. I think I’ll skip the combo card and go straight to green card if I get approved at interview. It’s sad because I feel like a lot of people are still waiting on everything, I’ve been at multiple points since I’m here while I’m just bored and don’t know what to do anymore.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Loveusafreedom said:

They are working in a limited capacity and wear spacesuits in the ACS in Chicago. Places where people life depends not working properly because of COVID, but malls, restaurants full of people like there no virus. Especially in Chicago where everything indoor is open and packed with people, but outdoor is closed because it can make a bad picture on TV. There is a virus but they do not protect people, by helping them, making life easy outside. They close or limited national parks, beaches, and locations where people's life depend. Where people can be outside and live a life with a minimum chance to get a virus, but open malls and people have only one option to have fun, be inside and get a virus,.  Why they can't make ACS work outside on the parking lot? 

Not sure which ASC you are referring to. My ASC is also in Chicago and I was just there this morning for my biometrics appointment.

No, they are not wearing full PPEs or “spacesuits” as you referred them to. They just wear face masks and face shields with a lot of plexiglass installed to protect their employees.

Having the biometrics on the parking lot will not work because the machines (including the computer) are pretty big and need a source of power.

4 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

Not sure which ASC you are referring to. My ASC is also in Chicago and I was just there this morning for my biometrics appointment.

No, they are not wearing full PPEs or “spacesuits” as you referred them to. They just wear face masks and face shields with a lot of plexiglass installed to protect their employees.

Having the biometrics on the parking lot will not work because the machines (including the computer) are pretty big and need a source of power.

plexiglass seems to be the biggest joke. Some how the virus knows " oh hey plexiglass i wont spread through you "

duh

16 minutes ago, James120383 said:

plexiglass seems to be the biggest joke. Some how the virus knows " oh hey plexiglass i wont spread through you "

This is to prevent droplet spread, haha. I'd much rather have someone sneeze or cough on a piece of plexiglass in front of me, than directly into my face. Especially those who refuse to wear masks. No thank you! 🤧

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, LadySpiker said:

Today I had my biometrics. While doing the fingerprinting, One of my fingers didn’t match. I think we tried it like 5 times but it won’t rrqlly match from the the 1st four captured fingers. Is there any problem with this? It’s just so sad coz Ive been waiting for this biometrics for a long time and this happened. 🤧😭

I’ll one up you. None of my rolling individual fingerprints matched with the main flat ones. Lol But the guy said it’s fine.

I just got a notification from USCIS saying that they ordered my EAD card.

It is still racing against the clock, but I feel like I may be one of fellow Feb filers taking the last chance before (hopefully never happen) furlough.

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

55 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

1-3 BCD, 4701 N Cumberland Ave #2905, Norridge, IL 60706

This is the location that I went about 2 weeks ago.

They were wearing yellow suits- overalls, n95 masks, and face shields.  I think it is right to protect their people, I just was saying that services that people live depends don't working the same way as everything else. Everything should be equal,  right? Everything should have a common sense and should have some middle point. 

Everything possible if you want to help people, include biometric outside.  If you don't care then we have a mess like right now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.