justmarriedusciti

EAD expedite request approved, what is next after this?

16 posts in this topic

I made a request to expedite my EAD request since I was going to lose job otherwise and they have approved the request today. What comes next after this? How long before I get the combo card? 

Edited by justmarriedusciti

9 minutes ago, justmarriedusciti said:

I made a request to expedite my EAD request since I was going to lose job otherwise and they have approved the request today. What comes next after this? How long before I get the combo card? 

30 calendar days from the day you filed your request is the window to produce the card.  so counting days  :)

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 11:40 PM, Donald120383 said:

30 calendar days from the day you filed your request is the window to produce the card.  so counting days  :)

that.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

On 1/28/2020 at 11:40 PM, Donald120383 said:

So if I understood you correctly, the card should be with me in hand 30 days after the request was made? Or will it be produced and mailed once 30 days are up?

18 minutes ago, justmarriedusciti said:

So if I understood you correctly, the card should be with me in hand 30 days after the request was made? Or will it be produced and mailed once 30 days are up?

It can take upto 30 days.   Usually it is produced within a week.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 hours ago, justmarriedusciti said:

A decision will be made within 30 days not the card

duh

On 2/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, Donald120383 said:

The email I got 10 calendar days ago said the following:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Decision

On January 27, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx. We are processing your case and will send you a notice of action with our final decision. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

What is this FINAL/FORMAL DECISION step now? I thought that decision meant decision. I have already received a case status update a few days before this email that said EAD EXPEDITE REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED.

Edited by justmarriedusciti

11 hours ago, justmarriedusciti said:

The email I got 10 calendar days ago said the following:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Decision

On January 27, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx. We are processing your case and will send you a notice of action with our final decision. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

What is this FINAL/FORMAL DECISION step now? I thought that decision meant decision. I have already received a case status update a few days before this email that said EAD EXPEDITE REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED.

You should get a decision within 30 days from the day your filed your request. When did you file  the I-765  expedited request ?  

Edited by Donald120383

duh

3 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

You should get a decision within 30 days from the day your filed your request. When did you file  the I-765  expedited request ?  

I filed it on Jan 15th. Hoping to hear something by Feb 15th. However on the forums people are saying that they have seen the EAD expedite request being approved and then not having heard from USCIS for over 50 days. 

1 hour ago, justmarriedusciti said:

I filed it on Jan 15th. Hoping to hear something by Feb 15th. However on the forums people are saying that they have seen the EAD expedite request being approved and then not having heard from USCIS for over 50 days. 

Yeah you should hear the case status update by Feb 15th. USCIS is known for last minute decisions. they are over loaded.

duh

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 11:30 PM, justmarriedusciti said:

Hi, when did you end up receiving your card after expedite request approved message? I just got this message today and wanted to contact the employer but don't really know how long from now I can tell them? Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, SJ2020 said:

Hi, when did you end up receiving your card after expedite request approved message? I just got this message today and wanted to contact the employer but don't really know how long from now I can tell them? Thank you.

I got mine about 10 days later. But this was back before all this pandemic craziness. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 8:30 PM, justmarriedusciti said:

Hey there! I know this was while ago. But would you share what documents you provided as proof to back up your expedite request? Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/9/2020 at 11:34 PM, justmarriedusciti said:

I got mine about 10 days later. But this was back before all this pandemic craziness. 

10 days Like ...10 days after expedite request approval?

Edited by KindSoul

AOS Filing - Jan 2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/1/2020 at 11:13 AM, igoyougoduke said:

30 days from the day expedite request was sent?

AOS Filing - Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.