Boiler

AOC's support of Sanders fuels 2024 speculation

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/25/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-support-bernie-sanders-2020-presidential-campaign-election-fuels-speculation-2024

It was billed as a rally for Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign. But the only aging white man on the platform was the film-maker Michael Moore, and attendee Brittany Springmeier wasn’t there to see him.

She was in Iowa City for real star of the show, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

“She’s speaking for us. She’s speaking for the people. She has a passion for the millennials. She’s speaking for everyone in America who doesn’t have a voice,” said Springmeier, a millennial herself who is unable to work because of a disability.

With the Vermont senator trapped in Washington DC by the impeachment hearings, Ocasio-Cortez was fronting for him at the University of Iowa on Friday evening in the last days before the Iowa Democratic caucuses.

Much of the crowd had already made up its mind to back Sanders, which was just as well because the New York congresswoman gave a 26-minute speech without once mentioning the man she was ostensibly there to promote. A passionate discourse on healthcare and the case for comprehensive public insurance, a cause at the heart of Sanders campaign, then gave way to a rousing appeal to build a movement to transform “a nation in decline”.

She is the face of the Democrats, surely a VP pick if nothing more?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

She went there to promote BS.  In a 26-minute speech, never once mentioned ole Bernie.  I see the light at the end of Bernie's tunnel, and I seriously doubt it's coming from the sun.  Again.

She could be angling for VP candidacy but more than that, the intent is to shift the Overton window to a hard left by presenting the idea that these even more extreme left positions and candidacies are somewhat normal. Since people are generally easily compromised by peer pressure, they'll negotiate what they think is a middleground, but in fact its still a hard left shift. Along with the gaslighting effect, this is another form of psychological manipulation.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

I asked Alex his opinion on this right now, if it were between, for example,  AOC and Pence in 2024. "If it's between a Trot and a theocrat, I'll choose the Trot, particularly if she's fit."

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I asked Alex his opinion on this right now, if it were between, for example,  AOC and Pence in 2024. "If it's between a Trot and a theocrat, I'll choose the Trot, particularly if she's fit."

Well she obviously will be less fit by them, what is the tipping point?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Well she obviously will be less fit by them, what is the tipping point?

I'll ask him when I'm done getting ready. He's whingeing about how hungry he is and how he'll collapse from malnutrition if I don't get my bottom (not word he used) moving for brunch.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I'll ask him when I'm done getting ready. He's whingeing about how hungry he is and how he'll collapse from malnutrition if I don't get my bottom (not word he used) moving for brunch.

Sounds like the man needs his sandwich.

Timeline

Hopefully with a bread roll.

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Hopefully with a bread roll.

Plenty of chips and salsa and guacamole. He usually gets flan afterwards. 

Edit: I need to shut up and get on with getting up.

Edited by laylalex

It was steak fajitas in the end, Boiler. 

Anyway, I asked him his opinion just now about the tipping point and he says, one word: cankles. :angry:

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

It was steak fajitas in the end, Boiler. 

Anyway, I asked him his opinion just now about the tipping point and he says, one word: cankles. :angry:

I had a sausage sandwich.

Seems a reasonable point of distinction. Hot and cankles are not an obvious paring.

The swamp doesn't want Bernie. Far left loon yes, but not a swamp monster for sure