Mirou_hml

I need help understanding why I got refused after Administrative Processing

63 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello,

So I went to my interview on the 2nd of January, everything went smoothly (I can feel it since I got rejected once straight without even going through AP and that was on October of last year), at the end the visa officer said that he needs to put my case under AP, I asked him how long it will take he said he will take in mind my entry to the university, then yesterday I didn't even get an email from them saying that I was refused I just got an SMS from the mailing company saying that my passport is ready for me to go take it, I went to check my visa status on the website, and then I saw that my case is refused, I really don't understand why, my academic profile is excellent I have ties to my home country and I don't have a criminal record nor any member of my family, if anyone here understood what's happening please tell me, so I know if I should try again for the 3rd time or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well the best person to know about your situation is you.

Seems unlikely a third application makes sense when you have had 2 refused. But nothing to stop you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Well the best person to know about your situation is you.

Seems unlikely a third application makes sense when you have had 2 refused. But nothing to stop you.

Yea I know that every situation is different, I just want guidance so I can understand what happened exactly, because on my side I did nothing wrong

Timeline

There is no suggestion you did anything wrong, just that you did not qualify for the visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There is no suggestion you did anything wrong, just that you did not qualify for the visa.

it's not about the qualification, I've seen a lot of people whom I know go we practically have the same profile, living situation and so on except that I am better than them academically that's why I want to understand what's wrong

Timeline

I fear you will be disappointed, nobody on here is going to know.

22 hours ago, Mirou_hml said:

Hello,

So I went to my interview on the 2nd of January, everything went smoothly (I can feel it since I got rejected once straight without even going through AP and that was on October of last year), at the end the visa officer said that he needs to put my case under AP, I asked him how long it will take he said he will take in mind my entry to the university, then yesterday I didn't even get an email from them saying that I was refused I just got an SMS from the mailing company saying that my passport is ready for me to go take it, I went to check my visa status on the website, and then I saw that my case is refused, I really don't understand why, my academic profile is excellent I have ties to my home country and I don't have a criminal record nor any member of my family, if anyone here understood what's happening please tell me, so I know if I should try again for the 3rd time or not.

Did you collect your documents?  There should be some sort of  document from the embassy on the reason you was refused.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There are lots of good universities in countries other than the US--look at the UK, Canada, Australia, France.....  something about your application that they didn't like.  If you are strong academically, you should have lots of options.  Sorry to hear about your refusal but if I were in your situation I would look elsewhere.  Good luck!

Timeline

Well Algeria has close ties with the French.

Student visas are not granted based on who is better academically- the only bar for that is acceptance at a university. The most common reasons for refusals are (1) the CO did not believe you have enough funding to properly cover your stay (also raises risk of work in violation of student visa) and/or (2) you did not demonstrate sufficiently strong ties to home to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent that is applied to all non-immigrant visas. It is probably unlikely that you will be successful in a future attempt if nothing in your circumstances changes, so Europe may indeed be a better option for college for you. Sorry, it probably does seem unfair.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Student visas are not granted based on who is better academically- the only bar for that is acceptance at a university. The most common reasons for refusals are (1) the CO did not believe you have enough funding to properly cover your stay (also raises risk of work in violation of student visa) and/or (2) you did not demonstrate sufficiently strong ties to home to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent that is applied to all non-immigrant visas. It is probably unlikely that you will be successful in a future attempt if nothing in your circumstances changes, so Europe may indeed be a better option for college for you. Sorry, it probably does seem unfair.

Or UK, most of the top University's are UK and US.

21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Or UK, most of the top University's are UK and US.

Yeah I was thinking europe is cheaper but you’re right, if OP can afford US fees then s/he should be able to afford U.K. international fees.

(edit: I love how you assume U.K. is not included in “Europe”, Brexit is a political thing, not an actual geographic cleave ;) )

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yeah I was thinking Europe is cheaper but you’re right, if OP can afford US fees then s/he should be able to afford U.K. international fees.

(edit: I love how you assume U.K. is not included in “Europe”, Brexit is a political thing, not an actual geographic cleave ;) )

Nothing to do with Brexit, La Manche! 

I always wonder how people afford US Tuition, lot of moaning about UK Tuition rates and they pale into insignificance compared to US costs, From an Algerian perspective even more so.

Remember reading about a couple in CA, I think she is a Lawyer and him a Dentist and between them they had racked up $650,000.

Timeline
On 1/23/2020 at 8:36 PM, Ann&James said:

Did you collect your documents?  There should be some sort of  document from the embassy on the reason you was refused.

there was a paper he gave me but it had no info he ticked "Other" for the reason why he sent me to AP

Edited by Mirou_hml

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.