Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul&Anna

Beneficiaries Children and also Family Name

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok I searched. I read the directions. On page 1 and 2 of the I 130 instructions it appears I have to file a second petition for each of my beneficiary’s 2 children, they are 6 and 9. I thought I did not and I could do them on this one form but it specifically says I can include them if I am a “lawful permanent resident “. And I am not classified as that as I am a born US citizen. So is that correct? Also so I have to pay the fee 3 times? Then where it says who i can file for it does not have step children listed for an individual form. Only says children. I could have sworn that I could list her children but was told today no by someone who has done this immigration process themselves. And after carefully reading it appears they are right. 
 

next question is “family name” is that current name and not maiden names? Later in the form it uses the terminology Maiden name. So that is confusing also. 

Edited by Paul&Anna
Correct spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Paul&Anna said:

Ok I searched. I read the directions. On page 1 and 2 of the I 130 instructions it appears I have to file a second petition for each of my beneficiary’s 2 children, they are 6 and 9. I thought I did not and I could do them on this one form but it specifically says I can include them if I am a “lawful permanent resident “. And I am not classified as that as I am a born US citizen. So is that correct? Also so I have to pay the fee 3 times? Then where it says who i can file for it does not have step children listed for an individual form. Only says children. I could have sworn that I could list her children but was told today no by someone who has done this immigration process themselves. And after carefully reading it appears they are right. 
 

next question is “family name” is that current name and not maiden names? Later in the form it uses the terminology Maiden name. So that is confusing also. 

Yes, you file three separate petitions and pay three separate fees.  Do not write just one check.  Write 3.

 

First questions about family name are "present tense" meaning the name intended to be used from this day forward.  There are other sections for previous names.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, you file three separate petitions and pay three separate fees.  Do not write just one check.  Write 3.

 

First questions about family name are "present tense" meaning the name intended to be used from this day forward.  There are other sections for previous names.

Thank you. And it’s also the I130 form? So 3 checks for $535? And for instance include the other two packets all together with hers and write it all in the cover letter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Paul&Anna said:

Thank you. And it’s also the I130 form? So 3 checks for $535? And for instance include the other two packets all together with hers and write it all in the cover letter?

I'm still prefer 3 separate I-130's package with 3 checks of $535, so the USCIS will not getting confusing when open the package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul&Anna said:

Ok I searched. I read the directions. On page 1 and 2 of the I 130 instructions it appears I have to file a second petition for each of my beneficiary’s 2 children, they are 6 and 9. I thought I did not and I could do them on this one form but it specifically says I can include them if I am a “lawful permanent resident “. And I am not classified as that as I am a born US citizen. So is that correct? Also so I have to pay the fee 3 times? Then where it says who i can file for it does not have step children listed for an individual form. Only says children. I could have sworn that I could list her children but was told today no by someone who has done this immigration process themselves. And after carefully reading it appears they are right. 
 

next question is “family name” is that current name and not maiden names? Later in the form it uses the terminology Maiden name. So that is confusing also. 

Yes. You must have a separate application... i130 .. for your spouse and each child. Yes , 3 fees all the way thorough. They are separate , stand alone petitions.  

Edited by Lil bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, H&T said:

I'm still prefer 3 separate I-130's package with 3 checks of $535, so the USCIS will not getting confusing when open the package.

I see. But how will they connect them all as family so that everyone comes over together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, H&T said:

You can connect them at NVC.

But no guarantee that all the interviews etc are in the same day. Once NVC has them , you call and ensure that they have them “linked”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul&Anna said:

Thank you. And it’s also the I130 form? So 3 checks for $535? And for instance include the other two packets all together with hers and write it all in the cover letter?

One envelope containing three stacks each topped by its own check and cover letter.  Separate the stacks with a binder clip and nobody will get confused when opening.  Works every time it is tried.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it from someone who has gone thru this with my two kids.

You have to file 3 separate petitions for the spouse and the two kids, write 3 separate checks for the amount of the spouse visa and the beneficiaries, when they are processing it, it will be processed/reviewed together so that all of them can travel together with their approved visa foil in their passports.

If you are still uncertain, you can review the wiki here: 

 


IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016
 
I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020
 
US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...