Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I applied for my passport in NYC expedited on Dec 23rd. Don't see a case found on the state department website. Actually I don't even think there is a tracking number telling me whether it was delivered or not.

Based on what I read here it seems that it may take a few weeks for them to even receive and update the system.

Has anyone else applied towards the end of December ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, mq_mq said:

Hi everyone, I applied for my passport in NYC expedited on Dec 23rd. Don't see a case found on the state department website. Actually I don't even think there is a tracking number telling me whether it was delivered or not.

Based on what I read here it seems that it may take a few weeks for them to even receive and update the system.

I submitted mine on Dec 28, and it appeared on the state department website Jan 4. 

You may want to contact USPS where you submitted your application, they should be able tell you when the delivery date.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, AnGeLxX said:

Hey,

Little update from me. I received an email this afternoon that my passport book has been shipped 😁.

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & shipped: 11/11/2021

My passport book should arrive this Friday according to tracking. It's in AZ at the moment. 

US Passport Application

Routine service

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: IR-2 Timeline
5 hours ago, mq_mq said:

Hi, I think that's pretty normal given the current passport operations. I also applied from NYC on Dec 22nd, routine service and my case showed up on 6th Jan in the system. It got approved yesterday Jan 12th. Status says, it is being printed and I should expect it to be delivered by Jan 19th. 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:09 PM, zeal4thil said:

Out of curiosity ,I called the customer service no as its almost completing three weeks since i applied (I understand it will be 4-6 weeks for expedited) .

• It was a long wait (like an hour before some live person came in the call )  
  • CSR has no new information other than what's in the online system except  where the application is getting processed 
  • In my case though i applied from IL ,the application is getting processed in charleston 
  • CSR told me the 4-6 week lead time start from the date they received the application. In my case the count stat from 29 th Dec and not the 16 th Dec when i applied in Passport office .
  • I asked him to check the policy again and he double checked and confirmed the lead time start from the day they receive the application in their (state department )system and not from the day they post office mailed them

Not sure what to believe but now  i know its not going to come in Jan and will be some time in Feb only ,

Update :

1/13 - I got an email that my passport is being shipped and should expect the delivery by 1/16 .

This is a surprise as just few days ago the CSR told me it will take 4-6 week from the day they received in their system . 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:09 PM, zeal4thil said:

23 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

My passport book should arrive this Friday according to tracking. It's in AZ at the moment. 

Congratulations!

19 hours ago, zeal4thil said:

Out of curiosity ,I called the customer service no as its almost completing three weeks since i applied (I understand it will be 4-6 weeks for expedited) .

• It was a long wait (like an hour before some live person came in the call )  
  • CSR has no new information other than what's in the online system except  where the application is getting processed 
  • In my case though i applied from IL ,the application is getting processed in charleston 
  • CSR told me the 4-6 week lead time start from the date they received the application. In my case the count stat from 29 th Dec and not the 16 th Dec when i applied in Passport office .
  • I asked him to check the policy again and he double checked and confirmed the lead time start from the day they receive the application in their (state department )system and not from the day they post office mailed them

Not sure what to believe but now  i know its not going to come in Jan and will be some time in Feb only ,

Update :

1/13 - I got an email that my passport is being shipped and should expect the delivery by 1/16 .

This is a surprise as just few days ago the CSR told me it will take 4-6 week from the day they received in their system . 

Congratulations!

Where did you apply in Illinois? Chicago

8 minutes ago, Egy said:

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Where did you apply in Illinois? Chicago

Received the Passport for the entire family today .(glad i paid for priority during the application itself . )

Yes .Applied in Vernon Hills ,IL  Post office .4 weeks end to end .

Hopefully the original docs sent 

10 minutes ago, zeal4thil said:

Received the Passport for the entire family today .(glad i paid for priority during the application itself . )

Yes .Applied in Vernon Hills ,IL  Post office .4 weeks end to end .

Hopefully the original docs sent 

Awesome! I applied 17th in Chicago, IL and they got it 31st. Hopefully will get it soon.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:00 PM, Sma99 said:

I applied for passport at USPS on 11/19 and showed up on the web tracker on 11/24. I paid for expedited service and still haven’t received my passport (6 weeks of processing today). I am showing “in process.” I tried calling the customer service number but am told “in process.” Anybody else in a similar situation ?

I believe processing center is “Western” in AZ as I live in Cali

Here’s an update:

I contacted the customer service number on 01/11 and informed them of my flight on 01/14, they gave me an appointment at the agency for the next day however, few hours later I received an email of approval. It was sent by priority mail and received it 01/13. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone waiting, hang in there!

On 1/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, AnGeLxX said:

I received the passport yesterday 👍🏻. Let's hope I get my orginal certificate back soon. Good luck to everyone that are still waiting. 

Edited by AnGeLxX

US Passport Application

Routine service

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: IR-2 Timeline
On 12/22/2020 at 10:04 PM, MOKAHN said:

Applied for Passport & card today December 22nd, through post office in NYC. Didn't do the expedite service. Lets see how long it takes. Btw I was impressed by the 8th ave midtown Manhattan post office, it took only 15 minutes for the whole process.  

Got my Passport and Naturalization Certificate in the mail today. Don't know when the passport card will arrive. I don't know I got lucky or what, the entire process was too quick and I did not even use expedite service. Its not even a month from my oath ceremony. It was printed in Arkansas. I'm glad I didn't pay for the expedite service, it was done even before 4 weeks. 

Oath ceremony: Dec 18th

Routine Service:

Applied: Dec 22nd (NYC post office)

Received: Jan 6th

Approval & shipped: Jan 12th

Expected arrival: Jan 19th

Actual arrival: Jan 15th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Passport received! Nat certificate received (crumpled, thanks USPS)! Only have SSA left to update but that can wait. Done my journey! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/25/2020 at 10:32 AM, Mounat02 said:

Spectacular. Congrats.

Now I wish I'd paid that extra $60.

Edited by MightyIndian
correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.