Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Received my passport on December 17th. 

I'm now concerned that I haven't received my NC back. It's fine, right?

Applied for my passport on Saturday (12/19/2020) at the Honolulu Passport Acceptance facility at USPS by the airport. I paid for expedite. 

I got an email from State yesterday (12/21/2020) stating my application was received and is in process. Expect passport in 4-6 weeks. 

I checked my status on the State website and the status matches the email. So this is good! 

Filed: IR-2 Timeline

Applied for Passport & card today December 22nd, through post office in NYC. Didn't do the expedite service. Lets see how long it takes. Btw I was impressed by the 8th ave midtown Manhattan post office, it took only 15 minutes for the whole process.  

Timeline
22 hours ago, Winterbeard said:

Received my passport on December 17th. 

I'm now concerned that I haven't received my NC back. It's fine, right?

Your PP came via Priority mail.

Your NC will come from the office that processed the PP via snail mail, can take up to 7 days, plus its the peak holiday mailing

time.

Hi All, I applied for my Passport on December 16th at the USPS (Manhattan) - I paid for the expedite service. I have been checking the status of my application online at https://travel.state.gov but it says that my application can't be found. I am getting really worried at this point. Any suggestions please.

2 hours ago, Bavi said:

Hi All, I applied for my Passport on December 16th at the USPS (Manhattan) - I paid for the expedite service. I have been checking the status of my application online at https://travel.state.gov but it says that my application can't be found. I am getting really worried at this point. Any suggestions please.

Same here I applied in the 17th [expedite] and It’s normal because the holidays.

It is currently taking 7-10 business days for applications to enter the passport application tracking system.”

Edited by Egy

1 hour ago, Egy said:

Same here I applied in the 17th [expedite] and It’s normal because the holidays.

It is currently taking 7-10 business days for applications to enter the passport application tracking system.”

Thanks! good to know

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bavi said:

Don't worry. It usually takes a week to get the passport application to be sent from USPS to a processing center and information entered in the system. If not on Saturday 12/26, you will find the info on Monday 12/28 evening. You will receive an email soon the information is entered in the system.

1 hour ago, MightyIndian said:

Don't worry. It usually takes a week to get the passport application to be sent from USPS to a processing center and information entered in the system. If not on Saturday 12/26, you will find the info on Monday 12/28 evening. You will receive an email soon the information is entered in the system.

thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 12/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Waffle123 said:

I filed for expedited in Boston, it's been 4 weeks and nothing yet...

Were you able to track your case in the system yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I just submitted the passport application today at USPS. Does anyone know how soon they mail it out? I am little surprised they did not provide any tracking information for the outgoing mail. 

On 12/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, TeamMcGregor said:

Applied for my passport on Saturday (12/19/2020) at the Honolulu Passport Acceptance facility at USPS by the airport. I paid for expedite. 

I got an email from State yesterday (12/21/2020) stating my application was received and is in process. Expect passport in 4-6 weeks. 

Got an email last week - I think the 22nd or 23rd - saying my application was approved and I should get my passport by the 29th (this Wednesday). 

My naturalization certificate made it back last Saturday. 

11 hours ago, stats787 said:

I just submitted the passport application today at USPS. Does anyone know how soon they mail it out? I am little surprised they did not provide any tracking information for the outgoing mail. 

They are not providing tracking numbers since they are sending applications in groups to different processing centers and no one knows how they prioritize or distribute them.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html

On 12/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, Waffle123 said:

I filed for expedited in Boston, it's been 4 weeks and nothing yet...

Same question are you able to track your case online?

On 12/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, Bavi said:

Any updates about your application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.