AAF95

Going through k1 but we are 9 years age difference

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, AAF95 said:

Did anyone had any problem because of the age difference while applied for k1 visa !

Varies by country and totality of the circumstances 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And who is the older.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca is a tough consulate. Though there have been couples with 10+ year age gaps who have had approved K-1 visas. The more prepared you are (a lot of relationship evidence from multiple trips, take the time to get to know one another, take many photos together with family/friends), the more likely you are to have a better outcome. 

How many times have you met in person? 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

Yes, we did although that was not mentioned we know it was the problem

but our age difference was a lot more than 9 years

your interview is going to depend on the amount of time the 2 of you have spent together,  the approval of Moroccan family (especially the mother),  the income requirements being met,  and the abilility to afford the health care insurance till the Moroccan can be added to the USC insurance or have his own thru work

Casa is also interested in the level of education of the Moroccan and future plans for life in the US (like will he/she work or study)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yes, we did although that was not mentioned we know it was the problem

but our age difference was a lot more than 9 years

your interview is going to depend on the amount of time the 2 of you have spent together,  the approval of Moroccan family (especially the mother),  the income requirements being met,  and the abilility to afford the health care insurance till the Moroccan can be added to the USC insurance or have his own thru work

Casa is also interested in the level of education of the Moroccan and future plans for life in the US (like will he/she work or study)

We have met 3 times and the 4th will be in March ...and I speak 3 langauges and her native language as well . I have a baccalureat in economy and this year is my 3rd year in uni going for english literature ...do you think this will work 

Edited by AAF95

Timeline
15 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Casablanca is a tough consulate. Though there have been couples with 10+ year age gaps who have had approved K-1 visas. The more prepared you are (a lot of relationship evidence from multiple trips, take the time to get to know one another, take many photos together with family/friends), the more likely you are to have a better outcome. 

How many times have you met in person? 

We have taken couple pics wiyh my mum and siblings and then in march it will be the 4th 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, AAF95 said:

We have met 3 times and the 4th will be in March ...and I speak 3 langauges and her native language as well . I have a baccalureat in economy and this year is my 3rd year in uni going for english literature ...do you think this will work 

With 3 times together and your education you have good chances

but no one can tell you for sure as all is up to what is sent in with the application and what the CO at embassy thinks of your documents

Decision is up to the interviewer

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

With 3 times together and your education you have good chances

but no one can tell you for sure as all is up to what is sent in with the application and what the CO at embassy thinks of your documents

Decision is up to the interviewer

Thanks a lot for the info .. would it matter If I dont include dad in my k1 photos cuz he is a bit conservative and dont like to be in pics but my mother has no problem with it 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AAF95 said:

Thanks a lot for the info .. would it matter If I dont include dad in my k1 photos cuz he is a bit conservative and dont like to be in pics but my mother has no problem with it 

you know in  Morocco the mother is the important one

so i would say photos of her and mom are the best

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you know in  Morocco the mother is the important one

so i would say photos of her and mom are the best

Thsnks man you just made my day 

1 hour ago, AAF95 said:

She is older she  the petitioner 

She is older yes but not by much which is a good thing. Usually what we see is that that the man is early 20's and the woman is mid to late 40's sometimes early 50's. Also she doesn't speak Arabic and he doesn't speak good English at all. So you two being closer in age and being able to conversate fluently are all good things. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

She is older yes but not by much which is a good thing. Usually what we see is that that the man is early 20's and the woman is mid to late 40's sometimes early 50's. Also she doesn't speak Arabic and he doesn't speak good English at all. So you two being closer in age and being able to conversate fluently are all good things. 

That is a problem ..we communicate in French , English and Spanish so I think that is an advantage 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your proving up is not at this stage, but at the interview.  Most important.

Best if she could be there if possible. Have tons of pics with her , you with your family, communications, any proof possible since filing the petition.

Even is she cant come inside embassy  to interview, let them know she is there, and maybe even bring Mom, cant hurt.  Both waiting for you.    

Best wishes.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.