Jump to content
AAF95

Going through k1 but we are 9 years age difference

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AAF95 said:

Did anyone had any problem because of the age difference while applied for k1 visa !

Varies by country and totality of the circumstances 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And who is the older.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casablanca is a tough consulate. Though there have been couples with 10+ year age gaps who have had approved K-1 visas. The more prepared you are (a lot of relationship evidence from multiple trips, take the time to get to know one another, take many photos together with family/friends), the more likely you are to have a better outcome. 

 

How many times have you met in person? 


If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

 

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

 

 

 

AOS Process    

Spoiler

 

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

 

 

May 2020: ROC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we did although that was not mentioned we know it was the problem

but our age difference was a lot more than 9 years

your interview is going to depend on the amount of time the 2 of you have spent together,  the approval of Moroccan family (especially the mother),  the income requirements being met,  and the abilility to afford the health care insurance till the Moroccan can be added to the USC insurance or have his own thru work

Casa is also interested in the level of education of the Moroccan and future plans for life in the US (like will he/she work or study)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yes, we did although that was not mentioned we know it was the problem

but our age difference was a lot more than 9 years

your interview is going to depend on the amount of time the 2 of you have spent together,  the approval of Moroccan family (especially the mother),  the income requirements being met,  and the abilility to afford the health care insurance till the Moroccan can be added to the USC insurance or have his own thru work

Casa is also interested in the level of education of the Moroccan and future plans for life in the US (like will he/she work or study)

We have met 3 times and the 4th will be in March ...and I speak 3 langauges and her native language as well . I have a baccalureat in economy and this year is my 3rd year in uni going for english literature ...do you think this will work 

Edited by AAF95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Casablanca is a tough consulate. Though there have been couples with 10+ year age gaps who have had approved K-1 visas. The more prepared you are (a lot of relationship evidence from multiple trips, take the time to get to know one another, take many photos together with family/friends), the more likely you are to have a better outcome. 

 

How many times have you met in person? 

We have taken couple pics wiyh my mum and siblings and then in march it will be the 4th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AAF95 said:

We have met 3 times and the 4th will be in March ...and I speak 3 langauges and her native language as well . I have a baccalureat in economy and this year is my 3rd year in uni going for english literature ...do you think this will work 

With 3 times together and your education you have good chances

but no one can tell you for sure as all is up to what is sent in with the application and what the CO at embassy thinks of your documents

Decision is up to the interviewer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

With 3 times together and your education you have good chances

but no one can tell you for sure as all is up to what is sent in with the application and what the CO at embassy thinks of your documents

Decision is up to the interviewer

Thanks a lot for the info .. would it matter If I dont include dad in my k1 photos cuz he is a bit conservative and dont like to be in pics but my mother has no problem with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AAF95 said:

Thanks a lot for the info .. would it matter If I dont include dad in my k1 photos cuz he is a bit conservative and dont like to be in pics but my mother has no problem with it 

you know in  Morocco the mother is the important one

so i would say photos of her and mom are the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AAF95 said:

She is older she  the petitioner 

She is older yes but not by much which is a good thing. Usually what we see is that that the man is early 20's and the woman is mid to late 40's sometimes early 50's. Also she doesn't speak Arabic and he doesn't speak good English at all. So you two being closer in age and being able to conversate fluently are all good things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

She is older yes but not by much which is a good thing. Usually what we see is that that the man is early 20's and the woman is mid to late 40's sometimes early 50's. Also she doesn't speak Arabic and he doesn't speak good English at all. So you two being closer in age and being able to conversate fluently are all good things. 

That is a problem ..we communicate in French , English and Spanish so I think that is an advantage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your proving up is not at this stage, but at the interview.  Most important.

 

Best if she could be there if possible. Have tons of pics with her , you with your family, communications, any proof possible since filing the petition.

Even is she cant come inside embassy  to interview, let them know she is there, and maybe even bring Mom, cant hurt.  Both waiting for you.    

Best wishes.

 


 

Formally known here as , Paris Heart 

 

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: 09/15/2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued 05/17/2019

NOID addressed and received by USCIS 06/05/2019   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

07/01/2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/05/2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

07/11/2019   Green Card in Hand

     happy tom and jerry GIF

 

1019 days from receipt to approval, no lawyer involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...