85 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

I do understand that the officer has the final decision. I also read in another blog that on the interview day the decision has already been done and the interview is just to confirm the evidence. Is this true?

The interview is part of section 2 of the visa journey, which is a consular interview regarding the visa. Depending on country and location, interview protocols are vastly different. While they do want to see original documents, the interview also is about asking questions about the whole case, about the person. The interview makes or breaks the visa, from what I’ve seen. As the other person stated: it’s a tough Embassy, so be ready to drill out a lot of evidence and energy, but also be ready for the bad outcomes.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

6 minutes ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

It's the document that says she is single but others have called it the celibacy document since she can only have sex after marriage therefore the celibacy document.

Okay.  I'm sure you can see how ridiculous this sounds.  

1 minute ago, SorrowL said:

While they do want to see original documents submitted to the NVC,

Not a thing for K-1

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

Thank you for replying! Yes, we have commented on every single picture who was there, time and place. That is a relief to know. I also sent them the celibacy single document in English and Arabic.

What kind of gathering was this thing you did.  Was it required by her family so you could spend time with her?  Was it an engagement party?  Y’all sign a contract?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I would say that for Morocco, that is correct.  It is a high fraud/high denial consulate.

Thank you. This is overwhelming to me. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Okay.  I'm sure you can see how ridiculous this sounds.  

Not a thing for K-1

It does sound ridiculous. Sorry, it's just the nick name I heard of it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

It does sound ridiculous. Sorry, it's just the nick name I heard of it.

I’m curious about that ceremony. Indulge us.  Your whole case might depend on exactly what was done and how that was held.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nitas_man said:

What kind of gathering was this thing you did.  Was it required by her family so you could spend time with her?  Was it an engagement party?  Y’all sign a contract?

No contract and no signing. It was an engagement ceremony and party with dancing and exchanging rings and dates and milk. We had traditional Amazigh outfits. It was for her family also seeing us officially engaged and we wanted to have a small get together with friends and family.

6 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

OP’s bonafide worried.

I am

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SorrowL said:

The interview is part of section 2 of the visa journey, which is a consular interview regarding the visa. Depending on country and location, interview protocols are vastly different. While they do want to see original documents, the interview also is about asking questions about the whole case, about the person. The interview makes or breaks the visa, from what I’ve seen. As the other person stated: it’s a tough Embassy, so be ready to drill out a lot of evidence and energy, but also be ready for the bad outcomes.

I read that it's also one of the toghest embassys. It's why we tried to provide more evidence than needed.

@JeanneAdil has much experience with Casablanca.  OP, one good thing about your case is that there is no age difference.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I’m curious about that ceremony. Indulge us.  Your whole case might depend on exactly what was done and how that was held.

It was a two day ceremony. We had some of her friends and family over. It took place in her parents house. We exchanged milk and dates. We exchanged the engagement rings. We danced. We cut a cake together. I asked her if she could do Hanna for me so we had a hanna party on the last day with music, dancing and food. During this time we wore traditional Amazigh clothes. We wanted to have the celebration like this since we wanted to marry in the US her parents wont be there. I sent few pictures of the ceremony then mostly us together traveling in Morocco.

2 minutes ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

I read that it's also one of the toghest embassys. It's why we tried to provide more evidence than needed.

It definitely won’t be easy. But I do wish you the best of luck. If you convince USCIS, you still have to convince the Consulate/Embassy. Collect your evidence, be diligent and don’t skimp on important documents that you can use. Make personal copies for yourself before you send stuff out, that goes for your beneficiary as well. You should definitely stick around these forums especially with the difficulty level of the Embassy. 

visa Issued

Timeline
Just now, AdrianSolorzano said:

No contract and no signing. It was an engagement ceremony and party with dancing and exchanging rings and dates and milk. We had traditional Amazigh outfits. It was for her family also seeing us officially engaged and we wanted to have a small get together with friends and family.

You might be OK

Just now, AdrianSolorzano said:

Morocco isn’t a one-visit embassy.  They like time, lots and lots of time, together.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

@JeanneAdil has much experience with Casablanca.  OP, one good thing about your case is that there is no age difference.

Yeah it's more like 1 year and 8 months apart to be exact. She is now 26 and I am 28. I will follow JeanneAdil's advice. Thank you.

1 minute ago, AdrianSolorzano said:

It was a two day ceremony. We had some of her friends and family over. It took place in her parents house. We exchanged milk and dates. We exchanged the engagement rings. We danced. We cut a cake together. I asked her if she could do Hanna for me so we had a hanna party on the last day with music, dancing and food. During this time we wore traditional Amazigh clothes. We wanted to have the celebration like this since we wanted to marry in the US her parents wont be there. I sent few pictures of the ceremony then mostly us together traveling in Morocco.

That sounds super marriagey. Did you send evidence that you two went to the same US educational institution? That could help make it not look like a first time visit engagement.

visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.